Situs

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Situs in March 2013.

Interview Details – Called in for interview that consisted of more of a conversation than a question answer interview. They asked general questions about my background and they were very open to questions. Half of the interview, about 1 hour, was spent answering questions while the other half of the interview involved them answering basic questions I had about the company.

Interview Question – There were no overly difficult of unexpected questions.   View Answer

Robbins, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Situs.

Interview Details – Applied online in 2012, interviewed 4 weeks later. Arrived on time but ended up having to wait a bit for the people interviewing me (Interviewed by 2 people) and then after had to test on Excel. They asked questions about my background then spoke about and described the position, they were very laid back (they did not seem prepared or coordinated with their questions) and not dressed professionally for being management.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time the offer was acceptable for the job described in interview but in hindsight should have been compensated for the job I actually ended up doing. Never did the job I was interviewed for.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Situs.

Interview Details – The information I was told in the interview were not reality. I was mislead and while they try to sell a great place to work, that is only for very few.

Negotiation Details – Yes but very little.

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate Interview

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Situs.

Interview Details – Depending on the level of employment, there may be only 1 interview for analyst positions versus multiple interviews for management level positions. The interviews are fairly informal, and an applicant will be asked to provide examples of both their analytical and writing skills. Commercial real estate experience is a plus, and financial statement analysis, lending, and appraisal experience are valued.

Interview Question – Please provide an example of a time where you were the leader of a school or work project, had to multi-task, and bring together multiple stakeholders to produce a quality final work product on time and on budget.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are fairly one-side. The company definitely has a set "market" range for a particular position.

Analyst I Interview

Analyst I
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Situs.

Interview Details – They do not put much thought into the process. Know the job posting, know the industry, control the conversation, sell yourself well, and you will get the offer. I do not suggest taking it even if you get it. The compensation is low and management fails to communicate well with the employees and is very unprofessional at this company, or at least in the real estate services section. You CAN do better, even in this terrible economy.

Interview Question – What type of writing experience do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. "Take it or leave it."

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate Interview

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Situs in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with multiple managers and employees prior to meeting with the director of the group. My advice is to do research on the industry, the company, and the group you are interviewing for, ask questions, and control the conversation. The company does not seem to put much thought into the process.

Interview Questions

Servicing Interview

Servicing
Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Situs in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was approached through a resume posted on a web site. A week later I was called in for a panel interview with 4 people. The Interview was performed in the main conference room which was impressive. Questions were detailed and I was given the opportunity to ask my own questions but of course, in hindsight I learned that the answers I got were very much in line with the narrow perspective that senior management have regarding life at the company.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, all were work appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was acceptable. In hindsight I would tell someone else to run...

Robbins, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Situs in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was a 1 on 1 interview with general interview questions. There were very few questions on finance. Afterwards you are tested by populating excel with values from a financial statement and you are asked to find numerous data points within a commercial lease. Each of these are timed.

Interview Question – In a group setting at work how would you characterize yourself.   View Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Situs.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and met with three people for an in person interview. Went over my resume, the position and its requirements. No trick questions or anything too technical.

Interview Question – No tricks, very straight forward.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Situs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Situs interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Situs employees and interview candidates.