Situs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.6

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Situs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Just talked to two people in Human Resources and a member of the Underwriting Team. It was a very relaxed setting, and more of a get-to-know-you rather than an intense interview process. They did not fire off questions about factual knowledge or knowledge of the position. I also think I was already not suited for the job since they wanted someone with 2+ years of experience.

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Situs.

Interview

First interview - short 20-25 minute interview/back and forth conversation with two managers. Fairly simple behavioral interview questions. Afterwards, short excel assignment. Basic underwriting skills, filling out income statement, etc.

Bank Reconciliation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbins, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Situs (Robbins, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 phases. I was called and scheduled for my first interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. I sat down with two employees who both asked me questions (1st phase), and after the initial interview was over I sat a computer for a timed Microsoft excel test (2nd phase). The next day, I was called and scheduled for a second interview (3rd phase). The second interview was about 45 mins long. I was interviewed by 3 team leaders simultaneously, 2 via video conferencing and 1 other leader physically present in the room. The second interview determines whether you are offered the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? What kind of personalities do you work best with? How do you calculate simple interest? Do you prefer working independently or in a team? etc...   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Send in my application through the website and after a few days I received a phone call to setup a face to face interview at the Robbins location. The first interview consist of a 30 minute Excel assessment and a 30 minute interview with 2 managers. After the initial interview, I received a call to come back in for a second interview with 2 different managers. Overall, it was the interview process was fairly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Situs (Houston, TX).

Interview

The information I was told in the interview were not reality. I was mislead and while they try to sell a great place to work, that is only for very few.

Negotiation

Yes but very little.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robbins, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Situs (Robbins, NC).

Interview

Applied online in 2012, interviewed 4 weeks later. Arrived on time but ended up having to wait a bit for the people interviewing me (Interviewed by 2 people) and then after had to test on Excel. They asked questions about my background then spoke about and described the position, they were very laid back (they did not seem prepared or coordinated with their questions) and not dressed professionally for being management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the time the offer was acceptable for the job described in interview but in hindsight should have been compensated for the job I actually ended up doing. Never did the job I was interviewed for.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Situs.

Interview

Depending on the level of employment, there may be only 1 interview for analyst positions versus multiple interviews for management level positions. The interviews are fairly informal, and an applicant will be asked to provide examples of both their analytical and writing skills. Commercial real estate experience is a plus, and financial statement analysis, lending, and appraisal experience are valued.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a time where you were the leader of a school or work project, had to multi-task, and bring together multiple stakeholders to produce a quality final work product on time and on budget.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are fairly one-side. The company definitely has a set "market" range for a particular position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Situs (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Called in for interview that consisted of more of a conversation than a question answer interview. They asked general questions about my background and they were very open to questions. Half of the interview, about 1 hour, was spent answering questions while the other half of the interview involved them answering basic questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• There were no overly difficult of unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Situs (Houston, TX).

Interview

They do not put much thought into the process. Know the job posting, know the industry, control the conversation, sell yourself well, and you will get the offer. I do not suggest taking it even if you get it. The compensation is low and management fails to communicate well with the employees and is very unprofessional at this company, or at least in the real estate services section. You CAN do better, even in this terrible economy.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. "Take it or leave it."

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Situs (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I met with multiple managers and employees prior to meeting with the director of the group. My advice is to do research on the industry, the company, and the group you are interviewing for, ask questions, and control the conversation. The company does not seem to put much thought into the process.