Six Flags Food Service Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

When I showed up there , they had us waiting outside until 3 mins before the interview. They starred at us from the window. When we finally were allowed to walk in they started the interview from the way we walked in and greeted everybody. We checked in and was assigned a table. We played Jenga and if you weren't excited enough and helpful enough you were told to leave. After Jenga the interview started. You're in a group of 6 and asked the same questions. Some make the job some don't.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First you applied and than you scheduled an interview at the Employee Services Office. Afterwards, you go into the office and take a basic math test. It's really simple and it contained questions of simple addition and subtraction. When I finished the test, he immediately called me to go conduct the interview. In total, it took me about twenty minutes to finish all of the paperwork and the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy. Everyone is hired. Group presentation with like 20-30 people. We played jenga. And was only quesutioned 1 time each. They gave us a presentation of the food area. Picked our uniforms and id cards and set. They give a lot of hours. Ok for first job

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had originally applied for admissions and at the last minute they were like admissions is full but food service isn't so I just went with it. So I got to the interview and the 2 people working in the office seemed as if though they were all put out and irritated. They didn't even acknowledge me when I walked in. It was extremely rude and unprofessional if you ask me and then when I asked them a question they just kept on talking to each other as if I wasn't there and that happened about 4-5 times. I honestly felt like walking out at that point but I wasn't going to let some ignorant people keep me from getting a job. As I'm getting interviewed the lady never once makes eye contact with me, she's just writing stuff down and crossing out a lot of things really hard making it obvious that she's annoyed and from what I don't know. Her job doesn't even seem that hard considering that all it consists of is asking teenagers about their work experience. Then to top it off the lady who interviewed me didn't even ask me all of the questions she was suppose to. How do I know that? Because she said "I'm not gonna ask you everything". She really lacked common sense for being a middle aged woman. Not to mention her ugly remarks after all my responses. Like one of the questions was "how would you handle a customer"? And I responded with being polite and well mannered and she was like "really and you're not gonna smile"? I was dumbfounded by her comment. She was so unbelievably rude. I wanted to snap back so badly but I just kept my cool and manged to get through the rest of the 3 minute interview. I ended up just reiterating my answers in a different format because I wasn't going to conform to the basic replies she wanted. Towards the end of the interview she just gave me a packet and didn't even tell me I was hired. I just assumed I was because I got a packet. Then as I was filling out the hire packet the people in the front were talking to each other about the people who applied and how they didn't like some of them. I'm surprised something about me didn't slip out of their mouths with me being in the room that's how ignorant they were. Management really needs to do a better job with who they put in the front to represent their business.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for an interview a few days later. As I arrived, I noticed that the HR office looked a little sketchy, kind of like an abandon warehouse. It was also pretty cold inside. Anyway, I signed in and waited for the other applicants to arrive(some of them got there a few minutes before the interview). While I was waiting, I took a very easy math test. We waited for about 15 more minutes, and were called into a room for a group interview. Normally, we would of played Jenga but it was a small group of us, so we didn't do it. In the group interview, simple questions like "Why do you want to work here" and "What's your idea of good customer service" were asked. She only asked about three questions total and was told that we were all hired. We then went into another room where we had another mini interview. This time we were called up individually, and another manager ask a few questions and then asked where we feel most comfortable working. After that we received packets to bring back when we were to return for Discovery training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained about cold food?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Bowie, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

You apply and within a week they call you in for an interview. You will most likely have a group interview and to get the job you have to stand out. Don't be shy. Unless you are a moron, you can definitely get the job. Nothing hard about it really.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Six Flags (Upper Marlboro, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. It was a group interview and you just have to talk and be energetic. There are always a lot of teenagers there so if you're older this is not the place or job you want to be at. If you're in college this is not the place you want to be at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Six Flags?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. 7.25 and benefits.

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

I applied for the Six Flags Food Service job online, and I got an email and call back 3 weeks later. I was scheduled for an interview the following Saturday. A friend of mine who went through the process already, who received a manager position, helped me prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does guest service mean to you? Why should we hire you? Sell me this (item).   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I went in looking for a job in food service and they offered me another role . The questions they asked were really difficulty for such an easy job. They told me to call back but I didn't I was over the process .

Food Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Gurnee, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back three days later asking if I could come in for an interview on Tuesday. Once I got there for the interview I was directed towards Human Resources where I (and other candidates) took a test depending on the position you applied for. You're then called up by an interviewer into another room where the 1:1 interview would be conducted should only take twenty minutes at most. Once done with the interview you head to the main office to get an employee packet to fill out and bring back on your processing date (which I was scheduled to come in that following Monday). At processing you have to bring your social security card, Id, birth certificate and employee packet. You're then given a number and wait for someone call your number. When you're called they take to a room and go over the packet and have you sign a couple more papers. Once the paper work is completed and checked you're given your Discovery and Department training and this only took 15 minutes tops (I was scheduled for Saturday and Sunday that same week. Then you go and buy your uniform from Team Member Services once the hiring process is complete.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had two pages of questions to ask and it took around 20 minutes. The questions weren't hard, most were situational questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay is $7.25 but after 20 hours of work it gets bumped up to $8.25.