Six Flags

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and called them for an interview the next day. When I came to my interview, HR had given me the wrong directions to get to their building so I rescheduled for another day. When I came in, I was given their standardized math test. Then I waited for awhile before I was called in for my interview. First I signed off on some papers before the interview questions began. The interview was pretty short, I would guess about 5 questions. The questions seemed like pretty typical interview questions, but I would advise thinking about your greatest strengths, why you want to work at Six Flags, etc. My interviewer left for a few minutes and returned with a job offer and a processing packet.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain to my interviewer why she should buy a specific rubber duck.   Answer Question

Food Service

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2013.

Interview Details – Easy they make you take a math test which is okay and would really recommend knowing how to do word problems. So if you are not good with word problems I suggest you start learning.

Interview Question – "Why Do you want to work at six flags"   Answer Question

Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – One on One interview was a fast 2 minute speed interview. I got asked a couple of generic (why do you think we should hire you?) questions. Then i had to wait and go into a room with a group of about 15 other people who were being interviewed, they talked to us about the park, we had to go up and interview ourselves and say something weird about us. We had to fill out a paper and then we all had to go be drug tested. They have you pee in a cup one by one and test it in front of you, if you fail then you can leave because they are not hiring you. Everyone in my group got hired but most of us didn't get scheduled for a couple weeks because they ended up over hiring in my section. We also got a tour of the park.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good candidate for six flags?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the application was very easy, only took me about 20 minutes. I got a call 3 days later to setup at interview. I arrived at my interview and took a super easy math test which I passed. I was brought into a cubicle and they asked about my tattoos and made me sign some forms and then the interview questions started. He asked me three questions and told me I passed and would have to do a second interview. He asked simple questions like why I wanted to work there. The second interview was easy also, he asked about 10 questions that were just about my person opinions (Describe good customer service and What qualities should a server have?) I was hired on the spot and had to fill out the new hire packet. Everyone is super friendly and nice there!

Interview Question – I had to sell a rubber duck to the guy interviewing me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, pay is $8.00

Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a few weeks later I received an email saying they would be having a job fair the following Saturday and to come in to be interviewed. The group interview was about 25 minutes long and we were offered the job right there, and given a time to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – We were given a random object and were told to sell it back to the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage no negotiations

Food Service

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview within a week,
got asked about scheduling, would i be able to work weekends, am i friendly, how did you hear about us (Sixflags)
Got offered the job a few days after.

Interview Question – None all were standard questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in July 2012.

Interview Details – I got called in along with many others, about 17 people for a group interview. They have you raise your hand to answer the question to see if you aren't shy.

Interview Question – All the questions we're common sense. Like who's your inspiration, ect.   Answer Question

Jackson, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email telling me to come in for an interview. There was no need to call, just to show up at the Employment Center and sign in. I met with a hiring manager who questioned me on what type of employee I would be, what I expect from the company and what the company should expect from me. Then later I met with the head of the Food Service department and he asked a few more questions.

Interview Question – What do you think we expect from you as an employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is not negotiable, however you get paid more if you choose a night shift rather than a day shift.

Vallejo, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2012.

Interview Details – The online application was easy enough as well as the two minute phone interview, but when I got to the park for the actual face to face interview both the interviewers seemed lethargic about the whole thing & when I noticed the blank stare and elbow-on-table-face-resting-on-hand pose I pretty much gave up, who wants to work at an amusement park where the employees seem gloomy.

Interview Question – What type of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Austell, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was just a few questions. Was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None negotiable pretty much.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!