Six Flags Food Service Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Food Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in August 2014.

Applied online and got a call back three days later asking if I could come in for an interview on Tuesday. Once I got there for the interview I was directed towards Human Resources where I (and other candidates) took a test depending on the position you applied for. You're then called up by an interviewer into another room where the 1:1 interview would be conducted should only take twenty minutes at most. Once done with the interview you head to the main office to get an employee packet to fill out and bring back on your processing date (which I was scheduled to come in that following Monday). At processing you have to bring your social security card, Id, birth certificate and employee packet. You're then given a number and wait for someone call your number. When you're called they take to a room and go over the packet and have you sign a couple more papers. Once the paper work is completed and checked you're given your Discovery and Department training and this only took 15 minutes tops (I was scheduled for Saturday and Sunday that same week. Then you go and buy your uniform from Team Member Services once the hiring process is complete.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer had two pages of questions to ask and it took around 20 minutes. The questions weren't hard, most were situational questions.   View Answer
Starting pay is $7.25 but after 20 hours of work it gets bumped up to $8.25.

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

I applied online and called them for an interview the next day. When I came to my interview, HR had given me the wrong directions to get to their building so I rescheduled for another day. When I came in, I was given their standardized math test. Then I waited for awhile before I was called in for my interview. First I signed off on some papers before the interview questions began. The interview was pretty short, I would guess about 5 questions. The questions seemed like pretty typical interview questions, but I would advise thinking about your greatest strengths, why you want to work at Six Flags, etc. My interviewer left for a few minutes and returned with a job offer and a processing packet.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain to my interviewer why she should buy a specific rubber duck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

One on One interview was a fast 2 minute speed interview. I got asked a couple of generic (why do you think we should hire you?) questions. Then i had to wait and go into a room with a group of about 15 other people who were being interviewed, they talked to us about the park, we had to go up and interview ourselves and say something weird about us. We had to fill out a paper and then we all had to go be drug tested. They have you pee in a cup one by one and test it in front of you, if you fail then you can leave because they are not hiring you. Everyone in my group got hired but most of us didn't get scheduled for a couple weeks because they ended up over hiring in my section. We also got a tour of the park.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good candidate for six flags?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in March 2014.

I applied online and the application was very easy, only took me about 20 minutes. I got a call 3 days later to setup at interview. I arrived at my interview and took a super easy math test which I passed. I was brought into a cubicle and they asked about my tattoos and made me sign some forms and then the interview questions started. He asked me three questions and told me I passed and would have to do a second interview. He asked simple questions like why I wanted to work there. The second interview was easy also, he asked about 10 questions that were just about my person opinions (Describe good customer service and What qualities should a server have?) I was hired on the spot and had to fill out the new hire packet. Everyone is super friendly and nice there!

Interview Questions
    • I had to sell a rubber duck to the guy interviewing me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay is $8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2014.

I applied online, and a few weeks later I received an email saying they would be having a job fair the following Saturday and to come in to be interviewed. The group interview was about 25 minutes long and we were offered the job right there, and given a time to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a random object and were told to sell it back to the interviewer.   View Answer
    Minimum wage no negotiations

Food Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags.

Applied online, got an interview within a week,
    got asked about scheduling, would i be able to work weekends, am i friendly, how did you hear about us (Sixflags)
    Got offered the job a few days after.

Food Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in April 2013.

Easy they make you take a math test which is okay and would really recommend knowing how to do word problems. So if you are not good with word problems I suggest you start learning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in July 2012.

I got called in along with many others, about 17 people for a group interview. They have you raise your hand to answer the question to see if you aren't shy.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions we're common sense. Like who's your inspiration, ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six Flags in April 2012.

The online application was easy enough as well as the two minute phone interview, but when I got to the park for the actual face to face interview both the interviewers seemed lethargic about the whole thing & when I noticed the blank stare and elbow-on-table-face-resting-on-hand pose I pretty much gave up, who wants to work at an amusement park where the employees seem gloomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

I received an email telling me to come in for an interview. There was no need to call, just to show up at the Employment Center and sign in. I met with a hiring manager who questioned me on what type of employee I would be, what I expect from the company and what the company should expect from me. Then later I met with the head of the Food Service department and he asked a few more questions.

Interview Questions
    Pay is not negotiable, however you get paid more if you choose a night shift rather than a day shift.