Six Flags

175 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Food Service Host Interview

Food Service Host

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is straightforward with a lot of training! If you go in with a positive mind you have a positive experience and they are more likely to hire you. Keep in mind, they are looking for lively people, dont go in all dull and boring and be sincere.

Interview Question – None, all questions are easy if you think "what does the guest need"   Answer Question

Retail Hostess Interview

Retail Hostess
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Six Flags in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went on one of the job fair days

Went to a room where each department talked about what they do and the differences between the departments

Chose retail
Then took a math test with 10 questions
Passed 9

Then went to a room to fill out paperwork and wait

Then you're called with like 2 or 3 other people to wait in another room

When someone is available from the department you're applying for they come and get you. Basic interview questions . Afterwards you wait for a second interview .

If you got the job you go to a room with cupcakes and balloons to get more paperwork.

If not then you probably won't get to the 2nd interview like a couple frends of mine that went with me

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Admissions Host Interview

Admissions Host
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in July 2014.

Interview Details – first got there, took math test. then went into the room with a small group. asked questions like what is customer service, why do you want to work here. then played jenga. offered a position but had to do another interview with whomever you choose. My department took a long time to come so we left our numbers to do interview with him. got a call 3days later saying they offered the position to someone else.

Interview Question – all were easy. basic questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – it wasn't really i declined i got offered and went to the 2nd round and never got interviewed cause they choose someone else

Admissions Interview

Admissions

Interviewed at Six Flags

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and about 2 weeks later I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I went in and they did a screening. Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, and the question below, ect. Afterward, they told me that i passed that initial screening and sat around and waited for a group interview (hate these). They ask questions and the group answers.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would you be?   Answer Question

Games Lead Interview

Games Lead
Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in May 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a call for a phone interview in about two weeks. This initial interview was really simple and set out to find more information about the individual. I was then contacted two days later for an in-person interview at the theme park. The HR office was a small bungalow type structure on the outskirts of the parking structure. The room was small and cramped and only accommodated (seating) about half of the applicants that had a scheduled interview. Once my turn came, I was asked a series of questions that primarily asked "what would you do in this situation". I was hired on the spot and set to start training the following week. Overall the interview process is simple and efficient. To guarantee employment simply follow all instructions and maintain a high degree of professionalism.

Interview Question – The hardest section of the interview comprised of improvising a speech or sales pitch based on a set of rules the interviewer gives. The purpose of this seemed to make sure you are able to speak clearly, think on your feet, and are able to make contact and be outgoing with potential customers/ participants.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because the commute from Los Angeles to SFMM was becoming inconvenient.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the merchandiser position at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom online and got scheduled for an interview the next day. I was nervous being that it was my first job interview but it was a group interview so it made me less nervous than I would have been if it were a one-on-one interview. So about ten people including me were in the HR room waiting for our group interview and a lady shows up to do a roll call. Afterwards, she takes us to a bigger room for us all to sit around a big rectangular table. Then two managers walked into the room to interview us and made us do ice breakers and play Jenga while they asked us questions. It was obviously set up to see if we could multi task but they made it fun and easy. After we were done with the games and questions, the managers left the room for a few minutes, came back and told us we were all hired. We then had to fill out paper work, get scheduled for orientation and a tour around the park, go to training, and then got our work schedules. This process took about a week before we got to actually work in the park.

Interview Question – If you could be any character from a TV show, who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not get to negotiate anything except for the days and hours you are able to work.

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very casual and laid back interveiw. It seemed if you weren't too cocky you were fine. The only issue is the normal nervousness you get from being interviewed, but when you get past that it was fine.

Interview Question – All of the question were the basic ones. Like "Why do you want to work with us", "How long do you plan on working with us".   Answer Question

Rides Operator Interview

Rides Operator
Austell, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out and application and within a week they emailed me to let know when my interview was. The day of the interview I went in and signed in with the lady up front and waited to be called and depending on what job you apply for you might have to take a math test. After you turn in your test they grade it then you wait to be called up for an interview, it is a group interview so in mine it was me and 5 other people. When you get in the interview first you play a game a jenga to see how you work with others, after you finish the game you go around and answer the questions. After the questions are finished your interviewer may call some people out of the room and these are the people that did not make it and after that he will come back in and tell you what job he wants you at and is that ok with you.

Interview Question – What made you want to work at six flags   View Answer

Park Services Interview

Park Services
Eureka, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – I came in, did a simple math test. then they ask me things like, what i would do if i had to help a angry customer. and what i would do if i saw an fellow employee stealing.

Interview Question – "Use three words to describe your self"   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Arlington, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Six Flags in January 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the job fair in January. This is an almost guaranteed job if you go to the fairs. They make you take a quick math quiz than fill out some forms and then you get two quick interviews with people from the department you are applying for. They ask you have you taken any drugs, what activities do you do, and how you would react to a rude customer and questions like that. Basically just say the best things that make you look good. The process is about four hours but after they will let you know if they want you to come to training.

Interview Question – How do you handle a rude customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Six Flags in texas only pays 7.25 an hour and you go up from there.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!