Six Flags Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Games Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

The interview is in a group. Don't be nervous. I answered a few simple questions. Then the group played a game together to show how we interact with people. I got picked for the job, so I went on to take a simple math test. After they graded the test, I picked which department I wanted to work in and I did a second interview alone.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at six flags ?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six Flags.

The employee interviewing me was friendly and very helpful, she described the job in detail and told me what to expect at work.
    asked what are your strength and weakness
    took a math test
    how well do you work with others

Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in March 2015.

Interview process is pretty simple. I first applied online and then received an email a few hours later with a number to call to set up a face to face interview. Once I set up my interview (which was a week later) I went in, took a simple math test, and had my interview. First somebody will do the preliminary interview which consist of some of the questions I put below, it was very simple. Then a manager comes in to speaks to you and either offers you the job or puts you on a waiting list. After I accepted the offer, she gave me paper work to take home and fill out. I suggest if you want to fill out the paper work while you're there, you bring a birth certificate, social security card, voided check, and W-2 form from a previous job and just have all of this in your car. Once the papers all filled out you will return them and get scheduled for you discovery class! *Note this process may not be the same at every Six Flags but is most likely what one will experience at Six Flags St. Louis*

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time were you had to deal with a difficult person.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time where you were in a leadership position.   View Answer
    • Have you ever experienced or seen something illegal happen, what did you do?   View Answer

Food Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

I applied for the Six Flags Food Service job online, and I got an email and call back 3 weeks later. I was scheduled for an interview the following Saturday. A friend of mine who went through the process already, who received a manager position, helped me prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does guest service mean to you?
      Why should we hire you?
      Sell me this (item).

View Answers (2)

Ride Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

I went in for a one-on-one interview with one of the HR staff members. It was really easy and I think everyone makes it through the first round. We then went to a group interview of about 10 people. We were asked to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. After that, the interviewer would pose a question to the whole group.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You either get it or you don't.

Retail- Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

Very easy process! I walked in and signed in, and waited until I was called back with a few others. I then participated in a group interview where we took turns answering the same questions. Then we played Jenga, which I thought was hilarious! Then two people left (they didn't make the cut), and the ones remaining would be moving on to a second interview. We filled out a basic math test to see if you were qualified to be in a revenue position. I missed the mark by just one question, so was offered a Guest Relations or RIdes position. I chose GR and then waited to be interviewed by the head of that department. After a few more short questions, I was called back up to receive a welcome packet and things I needed to bring back for my screening and orientation. I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you received good customer service? Describe a time where you provided good customer service? Why you want to work at theme park?   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

The process was really quick, only took about 30 minutes. When you applied for a position that required handling money, you had to take a 10 question basic math test. They gave you ten minutes, and you weren't allowed to use a calculator. You were allowed to write your work out, you didn't have to do it all mentally. I passed the test then went onto the one on one interview, which was really quick and easy. The person interviewing me was really friendly and the questions were pretty basic.

Six Flags Games Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

As You Walk In They Look Up Your Name , Then Give You Your Application Printed And Other Paper Work , Then You Have To Take A 10 Questions Math Test , Then Turn It In Then They'll Grade It And Tell You Your Score , Then You Wait Until The Person Who Interviews You Will Call You By Your Name .

Interview Questions
    • If you seen a dirty napkin on the floor what would you do ? what if it had ketchup all over ?   Answer Question
    • show me something that'll want to make me play the game   Answer Question
    • was there a time that you had to do a lot of things I once ? how did you figure out to do what first ?   Answer Question
    • If someone said this game is rigid what would you do ?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online and a few days later I got a call and scheduled an interview for the following Wednesday. Got to the Human Resources office and filled out a paper asking availanily and turned it in. Was called into a pretty screening to get to know you and was shortly after moved to a group interview and hired.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

I applied at a college career fair and also applied online. I received a call a few weeks later. The interviewer asked me to come in for the actual interview. She was late to the interview and seemed rushed and didn't even look at my resume. I think the next candidate waiting outside her office. After that interview I was called in for a background check with a different person. All that was is filling out all your personal information and job history and checking that you didn't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is a HR internship, the intern would have to interview and screen potential candidates for the parks seasonal time. During a job fair the intern would have to tell a candidate that they did not receive a job at Six Flags. How would you tell someone that they did not get the job?   View Answer