Six Flags

Updated Jan 21, 2015

1.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

I applied at a college career fair and also applied online. I received a call a few weeks later. The interviewer asked me to come in for the actual interview. She was late to the interview and seemed rushed and didn't even look at my resume. I think the next candidate waiting outside her office. After that interview I was called in for a background check with a different person. All that was is filling out all your personal information and job history and checking that you didn't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is a HR internship, the intern would have to interview and screen potential candidates for the parks seasonal time. During a job fair the intern would have to tell a candidate that they did not receive a job at Six Flags. How would you tell someone that they did not get the job?   View Answer

Retail- Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

It was a very short interview, around 20 minutes. They interview lots of people so I was in line with many others, at least 50 people. They asked about my previous job experiences. I was in high school so I used a lot of school work experience. I also pulled in any small ‘unofficial’ jobs I had had, such as babysitting.

Interview Questions
    Everything happened that exact day.

Ride Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

Went into the interview and they asked me questions relating to previous experiences like had I ever found any lost items and how did I cope when put in certain situations like when someone upset me. Pretty basic stuff.

Food Service Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

After filling out information packet and paperwork and handing them in in person, the interview immediately followed. Basic questions about availability, previous work experience, and ability to perform the job. Not too in depth here. HR is friendly.

I started with the minimum wage, no negotiations. Pay increased minimally each season I returned.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags in January 2015.

There were several steps to the interview process. Check in, application review, first interview, second interview. All on the same day. It is more of an attempt to look professional rather than an actual interview. Also, prepare to wait. My scheduled interview was at noon but I didn't see the first interviewer until an hour and twenty minutes after that.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set hourly rate.

Human Resource Clerical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

There are a number of jobs that I have interviewed with various tests t needed to be taken. Some tests are more than the regular easy math tests that they. I have always easily passed every test I have taken. One test was an adding machine, fun, but really archaic in today's world.
    It is almost like I am a professional interviewee at Magic Mountain. My beef with Magic Mountain has to do with "Age Discrimination." There are always new employees in the Human Resource Department and I have only seen about one person that is over 25 years old working for the Park. I am a regular visitor and like going to the Park.
    The Interview Process is easy with the usual question from a Human Resource person, in this case youngster.

Interview Questions
    • "This is an active position. Don't you think a recent College graduate would be more suited for this position?"

"This position requires one to be wild, and totally extrovert. Do you have the availability to be spontaneous and out there?

View Answer

Retail- Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New England, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New England, ND

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

I applied online and received a call back within a week. It was a group interview. The questions were the same as the online portion. I was given a simple math test and aced it.

no negotiation

Host Interview

The interview process was very easy. They needed a lot of seasonal workers, so I just went in for an interview and was asked to take the position that same day.

Safari Guide Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!Took five minutes and hired on the spot, they are in great need of guides!

Interview Questions
    • Everything pertains to why you want this job, animals and conservation   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application and interview took place over one day. The process was very brief. Basic questions about work ethic, do you believe in teamwork etc. After the interview they hired on the spot. There was no negotiation for salary it was the minimum. the rest of the day was spent on training

Interview Questions
    • Questions were incredibly easy, they basically wanted to make sure your criminal history was clean   Answer Question
    no negotiation