Six Flags

Updated Mar 1, 2015

1.8

Ride Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

I went in for a one-on-one interview with one of the HR staff members. It was really easy and I think everyone makes it through the first round. We then went to a group interview of about 10 people. We were asked to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. After that, the interviewer would pose a question to the whole group.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You either get it or you don't.

Food Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

I applied for the Six Flags Food Service job online, and I got an email and call back 3 weeks later. I was scheduled for an interview the following Saturday. A friend of mine who went through the process already, who received a manager position, helped me prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does guest service mean to you?
      Why should we hire you?
      Sell me this (item).

Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

I applied online and a few days later I got a call and scheduled an interview for the following Wednesday. Got to the Human Resources office and filled out a paper asking availanily and turned it in. Was called into a pretty screening to get to know you and was shortly after moved to a group interview and hired.

Retail- Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

Very easy process! I walked in and signed in, and waited until I was called back with a few others. I then participated in a group interview where we took turns answering the same questions. Then we played Jenga, which I thought was hilarious! Then two people left (they didn't make the cut), and the ones remaining would be moving on to a second interview. We filled out a basic math test to see if you were qualified to be in a revenue position. I missed the mark by just one question, so was offered a Guest Relations or RIdes position. I chose GR and then waited to be interviewed by the head of that department. After a few more short questions, I was called back up to receive a welcome packet and things I needed to bring back for my screening and orientation. I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you received good customer service? Describe a time where you provided good customer service? Why you want to work at theme park?   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six Flags in February 2015.

The process was really quick, only took about 30 minutes. When you applied for a position that required handling money, you had to take a 10 question basic math test. They gave you ten minutes, and you weren't allowed to use a calculator. You were allowed to write your work out, you didn't have to do it all mentally. I passed the test then went onto the one on one interview, which was really quick and easy. The person interviewing me was really friendly and the questions were pretty basic.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

I applied at a college career fair and also applied online. I received a call a few weeks later. The interviewer asked me to come in for the actual interview. She was late to the interview and seemed rushed and didn't even look at my resume. I think the next candidate waiting outside her office. After that interview I was called in for a background check with a different person. All that was is filling out all your personal information and job history and checking that you didn't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Since this is a HR internship, the intern would have to interview and screen potential candidates for the parks seasonal time. During a job fair the intern would have to tell a candidate that they did not receive a job at Six Flags. How would you tell someone that they did not get the job?   View Answer

Retail- Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

It was a very short interview, around 20 minutes. They interview lots of people so I was in line with many others, at least 50 people. They asked about my previous job experiences. I was in high school so I used a lot of school work experience. I also pulled in any small ‘unofficial’ jobs I had had, such as babysitting.

Interview Questions
    Everything happened that exact day.

Food Service Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

After filling out information packet and paperwork and handing them in in person, the interview immediately followed. Basic questions about availability, previous work experience, and ability to perform the job. Not too in depth here. HR is friendly.

I started with the minimum wage, no negotiations. Pay increased minimally each season I returned.

Ride Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

Went into the interview and they asked me questions relating to previous experiences like had I ever found any lost items and how did I cope when put in certain situations like when someone upset me. Pretty basic stuff.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags in January 2015.

There were several steps to the interview process. Check in, application review, first interview, second interview. All on the same day. It is more of an attempt to look professional rather than an actual interview. Also, prepare to wait. My scheduled interview was at noon but I didn't see the first interviewer until an hour and twenty minutes after that.