Six Flags Interview Questions

1.8

Cash Control Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agawam, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in July 2012.

I applied for this position, was interviewed by a man who asked numerous questions. If I smiled or was lighthearted at all he did not reciprocate, not even smiling back. Even though I filled out an application online, I had to call to follow up to get an interview. I do not think the person interviewing me even wanted to. He was not enthusiastic in the least, asked me numerous questions but wrote down only parts of what I said. A week later I called to follow up, and was told that my interviewer did not feel that I was right for the job, that my answers were too short and I was not enthusiastic enough. Six Flags was looking for "employees with enthusiasm."

Interview Questions
    • How can you make a park-goer's experience better? This is not unusual or unexpected, but he asked over 30 questions he read off from a sheet, and only wrote "notes" as answers to each one.   View Answers (3)

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Six Flags in August 2012.

Getting hired was a total pain in the butt. Applied three times, no response. Tried calling, could never get through to HR, even tried Facebooking a Six Flag Park Exec to get anyone's attention, nothing worked. Finally after almost 6 months finally got through to HR, they immediately transferred me to the First Aid/Safety Dept Mgr and finally got an interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for a position like this.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

Great place to work. Hiring process is more difficult than you would expect. The park has a great deal of applicants, and only the best make it through.

No negotiation

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Long and unorganized. Jump through hoops for them and they never respond. They failed to communicate the most common information between interviewee and the company. They were unprofessional and lacked integrity,

Interview Questions
    • What 2 areas of training would you take if offered at no cost to you?   Answer Question

They were unprofessional and lacked integrity

Lifeguard/Ride Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

To start, you fill out an online application. Eventually they email you back to say your application has been accepted and they set up an interview for you. The interview takes place at the Six Flags White Water park, in the Human Resources building. You have to sign in and after you're required to take a rather easy math test to see what jobs you qualify for. After this, you sit with the other applicants and your group is taken by a leader to a room where you're tested on your "team work" by playing some sort of game. If you pass this test (it's easy as long as you socialize and smile and communicate), then you're taken into the job room and allowed to question the managers of the jobs to see which one you would like. If you choose a lifeguard, you're asked questions about why you would like to be a lifeguard and they ask if you've been trained. Even if you have, you have to be trained by the park (it's expensive, about $200) and are able to choose a training date that consists of a weekend of working your butt off for numerous hours with all the other trainees.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any specific question. Just be prepared to have to socialize and show you're able to communicate and have a good time because if you don't you'll be pulled aside and asked to leave.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

I applied online and called them for an interview the next day. When I came to my interview, HR had given me the wrong directions to get to their building so I rescheduled for another day. When I came in, I was given their standardized math test. Then I waited for awhile before I was called in for my interview. First I signed off on some papers before the interview questions began. The interview was pretty short, I would guess about 5 questions. The questions seemed like pretty typical interview questions, but I would advise thinking about your greatest strengths, why you want to work at Six Flags, etc. My interviewer left for a few minutes and returned with a job offer and a processing packet.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain to my interviewer why she should buy a specific rubber duck.   Answer Question

General Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Applied online.1:1 interview. Six Flags waived my 2nd Interview (resume looked very good) background check is required if not waived. Interview process required alot of paperwork (15 pages, 10 online and 5 at interview) Very easy interview standard. Some of my close friends had harder interviews for other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok talking to complete strangers giving out products? Tell me about time you had a problem with a guest and how you deal with it? Are you willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Everyone works on minimum wage. My advice to others make sure you dress professional, apply online for best job selection, and the company is very strict review job descriptions.

Admissions Interview

I filled out an application online and about 2 weeks later I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I went in and they did a screening. Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, and the question below, ect. Afterward, they told me that i passed that initial screening and sat around and waited for a group interview (hate these). They ask questions and the group answers.

Games Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2013.

After applying online, I received a call for a phone interview in about two weeks. This initial interview was really simple and set out to find more information about the individual. I was then contacted two days later for an in-person interview at the theme park. The HR office was a small bungalow type structure on the outskirts of the parking structure. The room was small and cramped and only accommodated (seating) about half of the applicants that had a scheduled interview. Once my turn came, I was asked a series of questions that primarily asked "what would you do in this situation". I was hired on the spot and set to start training the following week. Overall the interview process is simple and efficient. To guarantee employment simply follow all instructions and maintain a high degree of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest section of the interview comprised of improvising a speech or sales pitch based on a set of rules the interviewer gives. The purpose of this seemed to make sure you are able to speak clearly, think on your feet, and are able to make contact and be outgoing with potential customers/ participants.   Answer Question

I declined because the commute from Los Angeles to SFMM was becoming inconvenient.

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in July 2014.

first got there, took math test. then went into the room with a small group. asked questions like what is customer service, why do you want to work here. then played jenga. offered a position but had to do another interview with whomever you choose. My department took a long time to come so we left our numbers to do interview with him. got a call 3days later saying they offered the position to someone else.

Interview Questions

it wasn't really i declined i got offered and went to the 2nd round and never got interviewed cause they choose someone else