Six Flags

Very Difficult Interview

Cash Control Office Interview

Cash Control Office
Agawam, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position, was interviewed by a man who asked numerous questions. If I smiled or was lighthearted at all he did not reciprocate, not even smiling back. Even though I filled out an application online, I had to call to follow up to get an interview. I do not think the person interviewing me even wanted to. He was not enthusiastic in the least, asked me numerous questions but wrote down only parts of what I said. A week later I called to follow up, and was told that my interviewer did not feel that I was right for the job, that my answers were too short and I was not enthusiastic enough. Six Flags was looking for "employees with enthusiasm."

Interview Question – How can you make a park-goer's experience better? This is not unusual or unexpected, but he asked over 30 questions he read off from a sheet, and only wrote "notes" as answers to each one.   View Answers (3)

Paramedic Interview

Paramedic
Gurnee, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Six Flags in August 2012.

Interview Details – Getting hired was a total pain in the butt. Applied three times, no response. Tried calling, could never get through to HR, even tried Facebooking a Six Flag Park Exec to get anyone's attention, nothing worked. Finally after almost 6 months finally got through to HR, they immediately transferred me to the First Aid/Safety Dept Mgr and finally got an interview.

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for a position like this.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – Great place to work. Hiring process is more difficult than you would expect. The park has a great deal of applicants, and only the best make it through.

Interview Question – What is you availability   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Interview Details – Long and unorganized. Jump through hoops for them and they never respond. They failed to communicate the most common information between interviewee and the company. They were unprofessional and lacked integrity,

Interview Question – What 2 areas of training would you take if offered at no cost to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were unprofessional and lacked integrity

Lifeguard/Ride Attendant Interview

Lifeguard/Ride Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

Interview Details – To start, you fill out an online application. Eventually they email you back to say your application has been accepted and they set up an interview for you. The interview takes place at the Six Flags White Water park, in the Human Resources building. You have to sign in and after you're required to take a rather easy math test to see what jobs you qualify for. After this, you sit with the other applicants and your group is taken by a leader to a room where you're tested on your "team work" by playing some sort of game. If you pass this test (it's easy as long as you socialize and smile and communicate), then you're taken into the job room and allowed to question the managers of the jobs to see which one you would like. If you choose a lifeguard, you're asked questions about why you would like to be a lifeguard and they ask if you've been trained. Even if you have, you have to be trained by the park (it's expensive, about $200) and are able to choose a training date that consists of a weekend of working your butt off for numerous hours with all the other trainees.

Interview Question – Not really any specific question. Just be prepared to have to socialize and show you're able to communicate and have a good time because if you don't you'll be pulled aside and asked to leave.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and called them for an interview the next day. When I came to my interview, HR had given me the wrong directions to get to their building so I rescheduled for another day. When I came in, I was given their standardized math test. Then I waited for awhile before I was called in for my interview. First I signed off on some papers before the interview questions began. The interview was pretty short, I would guess about 5 questions. The questions seemed like pretty typical interview questions, but I would advise thinking about your greatest strengths, why you want to work at Six Flags, etc. My interviewer left for a few minutes and returned with a job offer and a processing packet.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain to my interviewer why she should buy a specific rubber duck.   Answer Question

General Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

General Sales and Marketing Associate
Agawam, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online.1:1 interview. Six Flags waived my 2nd Interview (resume looked very good) background check is required if not waived. Interview process required alot of paperwork (15 pages, 10 online and 5 at interview) Very easy interview standard. Some of my close friends had harder interviews for other jobs.

Interview Question – Are you ok talking to complete strangers giving out products? Tell me about time you had a problem with a guest and how you deal with it? Are you willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Everyone works on minimum wage. My advice to others make sure you dress professional, apply online for best job selection, and the company is very strict review job descriptions.

Retail Interview

Retail
Gurnee, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – I went online and submitted my application. Within a day, I got a call to schedule my interview. Because I wanted to go into retail, I had to take a short math test without a calculator. The math test was incredibly easy and as long as you don't make careless mistakes, you should pass with flying colors. You have to wait for a little bit for an interviewer to see you. The interview process itself takes only fifteen-twenty minutes. They ask you basic questions like your traits and characteristics. They also ask you questions about situations where you had to deal with difficult people and situations where you had to sell something.

Interview Question – Describing a situation where I had to explain how I dealt with a difficult person   Answer Question

Ride Host Interview

Ride Host
Gurnee, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2011.

Interview Details – You submit an application online. I called back after about a week or so, to see if they were still interested and got an interview. Basically, they just sat me down and asked me a lot of questions like "What's a difficult situation you were in and how did you resolve it?"

Interview Question – What's a difficult situation you were in and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, fixed salary

Food Service Interview

Food Service
Jackson, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email telling me to come in for an interview. There was no need to call, just to show up at the Employment Center and sign in. I met with a hiring manager who questioned me on what type of employee I would be, what I expect from the company and what the company should expect from me. Then later I met with the head of the Food Service department and he asked a few more questions.

Interview Question – What do you think we expect from you as an employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is not negotiable, however you get paid more if you choose a night shift rather than a day shift.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!