Six Flags Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

General Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Agawam, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Applied online.1:1 interview. Six Flags waived my 2nd Interview (resume looked very good) background check is required if not waived. Interview process required alot of paperwork (15 pages, 10 online and 5 at interview) Very easy interview standard. Some of my close friends had harder interviews for other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok talking to complete strangers giving out products? Tell me about time you had a problem with a guest and how you deal with it? Are you willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Everyone works on minimum wage. My advice to others make sure you dress professional, apply online for best job selection, and the company is very strict review job descriptions.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Upper Marlboro, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

interviewed at Six Flags in March 2014.

applied online and got called in for a job nearly the next day. Interview process was done in a group form and eventually we all met with the manager alone. They told me that day that i recieved the job and it was a very unique process

Ride Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags.

very few people are not hired. if your a decent person and dont have something outstanding then you will be hired for the basic positions. they went very fast and there was no personal thing in it. it was like moving a heard of cows though the slaughter house. This place hires lots of people due to so many quitting.

Interview Questions
    • Would you pass a drug test if taken today.   View Answer
    there was no negotiation you get what you get and that's the end of it.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2014.

I applied online and then went to their job fair a couple of weeks later. There, I had to fill out some additional paperwork before I was interviewed. I went through two one-on-one interviews and was hired on the spot. It was a straightforward, simple process, and the interviews were very easy.

No negotiation.

Retail- Team Member Interview

It was sooo easy , they were late because my interview was supposed to be at 4 but didn't start till 445. So at that point they just gave me the job.

Ride Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in February 2010.

The questions were very standard. My best advice would be to come in knowing what days and times you are available, a few examples of how you can cooperate on a team, an example of a difficult event and how you handled it well, etc. Be sure to care about the job, because Six Flags has many alternates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected to me. Be warned that you will be asked things such as "would you be willing to climb to the top of Raging Bull's lift on a hot and windy day".   Answer Question
    There is no wage negotiation, you choose a ride based on your availability.

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Long and unorganized. Jump through hoops for them and they never respond. They failed to communicate the most common information between interviewee and the company. They were unprofessional and lacked integrity,

Interview Questions
    • What 2 areas of training would you take if offered at no cost to you?   Answer Question

They were unprofessional and lacked integrity

Lifeguard/Ride Attendant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

To start, you fill out an online application. Eventually they email you back to say your application has been accepted and they set up an interview for you. The interview takes place at the Six Flags White Water park, in the Human Resources building. You have to sign in and after you're required to take a rather easy math test to see what jobs you qualify for. After this, you sit with the other applicants and your group is taken by a leader to a room where you're tested on your "team work" by playing some sort of game. If you pass this test (it's easy as long as you socialize and smile and communicate), then you're taken into the job room and allowed to question the managers of the jobs to see which one you would like. If you choose a lifeguard, you're asked questions about why you would like to be a lifeguard and they ask if you've been trained. Even if you have, you have to be trained by the park (it's expensive, about $200) and are able to choose a training date that consists of a weekend of working your butt off for numerous hours with all the other trainees.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any specific question. Just be prepared to have to socialize and show you're able to communicate and have a good time because if you don't you'll be pulled aside and asked to leave.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in September 2012.

Fairly easy process. I applied, and maybe a week later I was called back for an interview. You have to take a math test to make sure that you know basic math concepts, especially if you will be dealing with money. If you do not pass the test, you cannot move further into your interview. It was a very relaxed interview and he asked mostly common sense, and behavioral based questions. I originally applied for games, but ended up in food service. I think that food service is easier and gets treated better anyway.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have a customer that is not satified with their meal?   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiation. It was minimum wage -- take it or leave it. I took it.

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Applied for the "Entertainment Tech" position online, and was told to call and schedule an interview. I called and scheduled for the next week. I received an email reminding me of my appointment, instructing me to dress professionally and come early. It also provided a description of the first interview, which it described as a "15-25 minute interview to determine if you meet the minimum requirements to be considered for employment."

When I arrived (20 minutes early), I was bombarded with paperwork, of which I had been given no notice. Furthermore, almost all of the information that I was asked to fill out, I had already filled out in my online application. What I had not been notified of in my online application was that there was an age requirement of 18 for my desired position. Not only did the online job listing not note this anywhere, but the online application system did not restrict me from applying. Because I had already driven 45 minutes out, I decided to apply for ride operations, instead. Regardless of any of that, the staff was friendly and helpful, double-checking my paperwork for common mistakes and helping me to correct them.

After my paperwork was completed and submitted, I was asked to take a 10-question math test (on which no calculators or cell phones are permitted; however, you may use the back of the test for scratch paper). All 10 of the questions were word problems, and they all related to transactions within the park ("If Fred buys 3 tries of a game at $2 each, and he pays with a $50, what is his change?"). The test was very simple, and I correctly answered all 10 questions.

After the math test, I was sent back to the waiting room to wait for an interviewer. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes. When my interviewer was ready (accompanied by an HR representative in training), we went back to the interview room and I was asked a series of simple questions. These included questions verifying that I met the minimum criteria ("Will you be willing to adhere to the grooming policy?"), questions about my interest in the position ("How did you hear about us?"), and situational questions ("If a customer becomes verbally upset, what should you do?"). My interviewer was very kind, friendly, and conversational, and when I answered the situational questions she would not in agreement and add on to what I had just said, and giving me more advice for handling the situation. She asked if I had any more questions, and I asked about ride operations (specifically, training and assignment). She deferred to the HR trainee (who was transferring from ride ops), who kindly walked through the process with me. My interviewer told me that there "was no reason why [I couldn't] move on to the next interview", so she gave me some more paperwork and asked me to fill it out in the waiting room while I waited for my ride ops interviewer.

The set of paperwork that I filled out was specific to ride operations. It included some information that I had already filled out 3 times, but it also included more specific ride operations questions, such as asking if I had any aversion to height, water, etc.

I waited probably 15 minutes after completing the paperwork for my ride operations interviewer, who was a very friendly and likeable person. He asked me about my interest in working at Six Flags, which brought up my theatrical interests. It turns out that he also shared an interest in theatre, and we chatted for a second or two about shows (I did one in high school last year that he directed in college). He was very friendly, and even told me a little bit about the Chart Toppers 2.0 show at Six Flags, which I had mentioned earlier in my interview. His questions that he asked were tailored more specifically to ride operations, and they were almost all situational. Many of them related to dealing with guests in abnormal situations (such as a ride closure or failure), but they were all simple questions that any level-headed person could answer. At the end, he asked "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?". I re-hashed my interest in entertainment, which, I said, would give me a natural investment advantage over other applicants. He then handed me a few brochures regarding company uniform purchases, training, etc., and asked me to wait in the waiting room.

I went to the waiting room and waited for 15 minutes or so, until an HR representative came in, congratulated me on the job, and handed me a large informational packet to take home, fill out, and return.

All-in-all, my interviewers (and the other HR staff) were friendly and understanding, and weren't pressuring. The style of dress varied greatly from applicant to applicant, with one wearing a dress shirt and dress pants with a tie and others wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

If you're confident, well-reasoned, well-prepared, and face no restrictions to entry (such as certain criminal history), you can expect a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Suppose you went in to the restroom at this On The Border across the street, or any other restaurant. What would you expect to see? Aside from cleanliness--we all kind of expect the restrooms to be clean--just what would you expect to see?"   View Answer
    • "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?"   View Answer