Six Flags

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

1.8

Ride Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

very few people are not hired. if your a decent person and dont have something outstanding then you will be hired for the basic positions. they went very fast and there was no personal thing in it. it was like moving a heard of cows though the slaughter house. This place hires lots of people due to so many quitting.

Interview Questions
    • Would you pass a drug test if taken today.   View Answer
    there was no negotiation you get what you get and that's the end of it.

Retail- Team Member Interview

It was sooo easy , they were late because my interview was supposed to be at 4 but didn't start till 445. So at that point they just gave me the job.

General Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Applied online.1:1 interview. Six Flags waived my 2nd Interview (resume looked very good) background check is required if not waived. Interview process required alot of paperwork (15 pages, 10 online and 5 at interview) Very easy interview standard. Some of my close friends had harder interviews for other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok talking to complete strangers giving out products? Tell me about time you had a problem with a guest and how you deal with it? Are you willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Everyone works on minimum wage. My advice to others make sure you dress professional, apply online for best job selection, and the company is very strict review job descriptions.

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

I filled out and application and within a week they emailed me to let know when my interview was. The day of the interview I went in and signed in with the lady up front and waited to be called and depending on what job you apply for you might have to take a math test. After you turn in your test they grade it then you wait to be called up for an interview, it is a group interview so in mine it was me and 5 other people. When you get in the interview first you play a game a jenga to see how you work with others, after you finish the game you go around and answer the questions. After the questions are finished your interviewer may call some people out of the room and these are the people that did not make it and after that he will come back in and tell you what job he wants you at and is that ok with you.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work at six flags   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Applied for the "Entertainment Tech" position online, and was told to call and schedule an interview. I called and scheduled for the next week. I received an email reminding me of my appointment, instructing me to dress professionally and come early. It also provided a description of the first interview, which it described as a "15-25 minute interview to determine if you meet the minimum requirements to be considered for employment."

When I arrived (20 minutes early), I was bombarded with paperwork, of which I had been given no notice. Furthermore, almost all of the information that I was asked to fill out, I had already filled out in my online application. What I had not been notified of in my online application was that there was an age requirement of 18 for my desired position. Not only did the online job listing not note this anywhere, but the online application system did not restrict me from applying. Because I had already driven 45 minutes out, I decided to apply for ride operations, instead. Regardless of any of that, the staff was friendly and helpful, double-checking my paperwork for common mistakes and helping me to correct them.

After my paperwork was completed and submitted, I was asked to take a 10-question math test (on which no calculators or cell phones are permitted; however, you may use the back of the test for scratch paper). All 10 of the questions were word problems, and they all related to transactions within the park ("If Fred buys 3 tries of a game at $2 each, and he pays with a $50, what is his change?"). The test was very simple, and I correctly answered all 10 questions.

After the math test, I was sent back to the waiting room to wait for an interviewer. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes. When my interviewer was ready (accompanied by an HR representative in training), we went back to the interview room and I was asked a series of simple questions. These included questions verifying that I met the minimum criteria ("Will you be willing to adhere to the grooming policy?"), questions about my interest in the position ("How did you hear about us?"), and situational questions ("If a customer becomes verbally upset, what should you do?"). My interviewer was very kind, friendly, and conversational, and when I answered the situational questions she would not in agreement and add on to what I had just said, and giving me more advice for handling the situation. She asked if I had any more questions, and I asked about ride operations (specifically, training and assignment). She deferred to the HR trainee (who was transferring from ride ops), who kindly walked through the process with me. My interviewer told me that there "was no reason why [I couldn't] move on to the next interview", so she gave me some more paperwork and asked me to fill it out in the waiting room while I waited for my ride ops interviewer.

The set of paperwork that I filled out was specific to ride operations. It included some information that I had already filled out 3 times, but it also included more specific ride operations questions, such as asking if I had any aversion to height, water, etc.

I waited probably 15 minutes after completing the paperwork for my ride operations interviewer, who was a very friendly and likeable person. He asked me about my interest in working at Six Flags, which brought up my theatrical interests. It turns out that he also shared an interest in theatre, and we chatted for a second or two about shows (I did one in high school last year that he directed in college). He was very friendly, and even told me a little bit about the Chart Toppers 2.0 show at Six Flags, which I had mentioned earlier in my interview. His questions that he asked were tailored more specifically to ride operations, and they were almost all situational. Many of them related to dealing with guests in abnormal situations (such as a ride closure or failure), but they were all simple questions that any level-headed person could answer. At the end, he asked "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?". I re-hashed my interest in entertainment, which, I said, would give me a natural investment advantage over other applicants. He then handed me a few brochures regarding company uniform purchases, training, etc., and asked me to wait in the waiting room.

I went to the waiting room and waited for 15 minutes or so, until an HR representative came in, congratulated me on the job, and handed me a large informational packet to take home, fill out, and return.

All-in-all, my interviewers (and the other HR staff) were friendly and understanding, and weren't pressuring. The style of dress varied greatly from applicant to applicant, with one wearing a dress shirt and dress pants with a tie and others wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

If you're confident, well-reasoned, well-prepared, and face no restrictions to entry (such as certain criminal history), you can expect a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Suppose you went in to the restroom at this On The Border across the street, or any other restaurant. What would you expect to see? Aside from cleanliness--we all kind of expect the restrooms to be clean--just what would you expect to see?"   View Answer
    • "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?"   View Answer

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Long and unorganized. Jump through hoops for them and they never respond. They failed to communicate the most common information between interviewee and the company. They were unprofessional and lacked integrity,

Interview Questions
    • What 2 areas of training would you take if offered at no cost to you?   Answer Question

They were unprofessional and lacked integrity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

It was incredibly difficult to get a hold of anyone I could talk to about getting an interview. After I got through the interview I had yet more issues trying to find out when I needed to take my Discovery Classes. After I took my Discovery Classes I had more issues trying to get information as to when I was going to be trained and when my first official day of work was going to be and whether or not the two were going to coincide.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions for me were the "Situation" questions. 'Say ___ were to happen. What would you do in said situation?' The reason being that I had no prior job experience so I wasn't sure what exactly the correct answer was or what I would have done in ___ situation.   Answer Question

Guest Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

1 phone interview, 1 team position interview, 1 loss prevention interview. The questions focused on customer service. You are hired at a training rate and then get a small bump after your first 100 hours. Not a difficult process.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. typical questions like what are your strengths and what is your weakness.   View Answer
    No negotiation. One hiring rate and you get a small increase after first 100 training hours. You get a few passes after your first 40 hours.

Guest Services - Ticket Validation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application and hiring process is long. You will need patience. Be prepared with documentation. You will also be buying your uniform. The Lead was friendly and professional. The 1:1 interview was done in a room where other interviews were happening. I did know by the end if I was hired and when my initial training would occur. Each department has a specific day they do interviews, so you may have to wait.

Interview Questions
    • I did not really know that Guest Services was ticket validation, standing in one spot for 8 hours on concrete. This should have been clarified. Questions were very standard, no surprises.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary was set. Because I had a gap in my years of service, I was paid at 1st year rate instead of 5th year.

Human Resource Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

It was pretty simple. I applied online and I came in the next day to drop off my resume. They offered me an interview a week later.

The 1st interview was pretty straight forward with the HR Supervisor. about 8-12 simple questions (only one behavioral).
    The 2nd interview was with LP and they asked a series of background questions. Then I walked back to the HR team and the supervisor welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They won't even part with 25 cents.