Six Flags Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.9

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Six Flags (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Waited 5 days with no response so I called to inquire about my application. I was offered an interview. Upon entering HR I was given a clipboard with the front being for my personal information and the back being a math test. The math test was incredibly simple, only containing questions about making change. I was then told to sit and wait as I was a few minutes early. When I was called in for my interview I was asked a few question about my personal info and was given papers to initial. I was then asked a few situation questions and told to wait for a supervisor. The supervisor entered and told me that although a second interview is standard, It would not be necessary for me. I was then offered the job and sent back to the HR desk. I received a packet of paperwork to fill out and bring back with my social security card. As I had my card with me I filled out the papers there and brought them back to the desk. I then received my Discovery Info Packet and Discovery date.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen someone doing something illegal and how did you respond?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a difficult situation and how did you react?   Answer Question

Food Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online within one week I was emailed an interview date and time. We had to wait outside the door, but once inside we checked in and started play Jenga. Overall it was very nerve racking since it was my very first interview ever. I really had to use the restroom afterwards and when I came back most of the group was gone. I took a basic math quiz before they offered me a job at Macho Nacho.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply at six flags?   1 Answer
    • How will you make sure you and the guests are safe?   1 Answer

Games Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

well when you first come in there and a range of text mostly personality test you mostly play games. ans interact . then they separate you off into groups first part of interview being ask basic questions . like why should we hire you or explain your self

Interview Questions

• why should you be hired for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had originally applied for admissions and at the last minute they were like admissions is full but food service isn't so I just went with it. So I got to the interview and the 2 people working in the office seemed as if though they were all put out and irritated. They didn't even acknowledge me when I walked in. It was extremely rude and unprofessional if you ask me and then when I asked them a question they just kept on talking to each other as if I wasn't there and that happened about 4-5 times. I honestly felt like walking out at that point but I wasn't going to let some ignorant people keep me from getting a job. As I'm getting interviewed the lady never once makes eye contact with me, she's just writing stuff down and crossing out a lot of things really hard making it obvious that she's annoyed and from what I don't know. Her job doesn't even seem that hard considering that all it consists of is asking teenagers about their work experience. Then to top it off the lady who interviewed me didn't even ask me all of the questions she was suppose to. How do I know that? Because she said "I'm not gonna ask you everything". She really lacked common sense for being a middle aged woman. Not to mention her ugly remarks after all my responses. Like one of the questions was "how would you handle a customer"? And I responded with being polite and well mannered and she was like "really and you're not gonna smile"? I was dumbfounded by her comment. She was so unbelievably rude. I wanted to snap back so badly but I just kept my cool and manged to get through the rest of the 3 minute interview. I ended up just reiterating my answers in a different format because I wasn't going to conform to the basic replies she wanted. Towards the end of the interview she just gave me a packet and didn't even tell me I was hired. I just assumed I was because I got a packet. Then as I was filling out the hire packet the people in the front were talking to each other about the people who applied and how they didn't like some of them. I'm surprised something about me didn't slip out of their mouths with me being in the room that's how ignorant they were. Management really needs to do a better job with who they put in the front to represent their business.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags (Gurnee, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. it was a 1on1 interview the interviewer asked me common questions including 2 or 3 behavioral question. Do not be shy or scared. They are looking for leaders with great attitude and dedication. Do not worry about the questioning, worry about your attitude and your image. Smile, give a good handshake, be polite, and do not be shy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for an interview a few days later. As I arrived, I noticed that the HR office looked a little sketchy, kind of like an abandon warehouse. It was also pretty cold inside. Anyway, I signed in and waited for the other applicants to arrive(some of them got there a few minutes before the interview). While I was waiting, I took a very easy math test. We waited for about 15 more minutes, and were called into a room for a group interview. Normally, we would of played Jenga but it was a small group of us, so we didn't do it. In the group interview, simple questions like "Why do you want to work here" and "What's your idea of good customer service" were asked. She only asked about three questions total and was told that we were all hired. We then went into another room where we had another mini interview. This time we were called up individually, and another manager ask a few questions and then asked where we feel most comfortable working. After that we received packets to bring back when we were to return for Discovery training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained about cold food?   Answer Question

Games Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA).

Interview

The interview is in a group. Don't be nervous. I answered a few simple questions. Then the group played a game together to show how we interact with people. I got picked for the job, so I went on to take a simple math test. After they graded the test, I picked which department I wanted to work in and I did a second interview alone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at six flags ?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

The employee interviewing me was friendly and very helpful, she described the job in detail and told me what to expect at work. asked what are your strength and weakness took a math test how well do you work with others

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Six Flags (Upper Marlboro, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. It was a group interview and you just have to talk and be energetic. There are always a lot of teenagers there so if you're older this is not the place or job you want to be at. If you're in college this is not the place you want to be at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Six Flags?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. 7.25 and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Six Flags (Bowie, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

You apply and within a week they call you in for an interview. You will most likely have a group interview and to get the job you have to stand out. Don't be shy. Unless you are a moron, you can definitely get the job. Nothing hard about it really.