Six Flags

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

1.8

Human Resource Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Six Flags.

It was pretty simple. I applied online and I came in the next day to drop off my resume. They offered me an interview a week later.

The 1st interview was pretty straight forward with the HR Supervisor. about 8-12 simple questions (only one behavioral).
    The 2nd interview was with LP and they asked a series of background questions. Then I walked back to the HR team and the supervisor welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They won't even part with 25 cents.

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

Literally waited 2 hours for the admission's lead to come down and interview the other 20 of us waiting for her to get out of her meeting. Very unprofessional if you'll ask me, they should have brought the 2nd highest person in charge to run the interviews.

Games Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

Six flags emailed me and called about an interview which was setup 3 days later. went in and took a math test (very easy) then went to 1st interview with a nice lady with very simple questions (i.e. why do you want to work here, define safety/customer service)
    then was told the position i applied for had openings but they needed me more on games , so i agreed.
    went to waiting room for 2nd interview , the 2nd interview was slightly more difficult but the interviewer was really nice and easy going . i got hired on the spot and had to fill out some paper work then went back 5 days later to turn in work release and other things. very easy interview for my 1st.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer gets angry and tells you your game is rigged?   View Answer
    None

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags in May 2014.

I applied online and called them for an interview the next day. When I came to my interview, HR had given me the wrong directions to get to their building so I rescheduled for another day. When I came in, I was given their standardized math test. Then I waited for awhile before I was called in for my interview. First I signed off on some papers before the interview questions began. The interview was pretty short, I would guess about 5 questions. The questions seemed like pretty typical interview questions, but I would advise thinking about your greatest strengths, why you want to work at Six Flags, etc. My interviewer left for a few minutes and returned with a job offer and a processing packet.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain to my interviewer why she should buy a specific rubber duck.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview ways cake. Easy basic questions

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Marlboro, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

One on One interview was a fast 2 minute speed interview. I got asked a couple of generic (why do you think we should hire you?) questions. Then i had to wait and go into a room with a group of about 15 other people who were being interviewed, they talked to us about the park, we had to go up and interview ourselves and say something weird about us. We had to fill out a paper and then we all had to go be drug tested. They have you pee in a cup one by one and test it in front of you, if you fail then you can leave because they are not hiring you. Everyone in my group got hired but most of us didn't get scheduled for a couple weeks because they ended up over hiring in my section. We also got a tour of the park.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good candidate for six flags?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

The interview was a group interview, sort of; they rounded up a bunch of people and then after everyone filled out the paperwork (including a mental math test) they called you up individually. There were a lot of younger kids there in jeans/inappropriate clothes, and while they didn't get turned away, they were frowned upon. The interviewer asked basic questions, "why Six Flags?", "have you ever done anything criminal?", asking about your hardships and learning experiences. It was a pretty basic interview and the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Have you seen anyone do anything against the law and how did you act?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Lifeguard/Ride Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

To start, you fill out an online application. Eventually they email you back to say your application has been accepted and they set up an interview for you. The interview takes place at the Six Flags White Water park, in the Human Resources building. You have to sign in and after you're required to take a rather easy math test to see what jobs you qualify for. After this, you sit with the other applicants and your group is taken by a leader to a room where you're tested on your "team work" by playing some sort of game. If you pass this test (it's easy as long as you socialize and smile and communicate), then you're taken into the job room and allowed to question the managers of the jobs to see which one you would like. If you choose a lifeguard, you're asked questions about why you would like to be a lifeguard and they ask if you've been trained. Even if you have, you have to be trained by the park (it's expensive, about $200) and are able to choose a training date that consists of a weekend of working your butt off for numerous hours with all the other trainees.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any specific question. Just be prepared to have to socialize and show you're able to communicate and have a good time because if you don't you'll be pulled aside and asked to leave.   Answer Question

Macho Nacho Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

The interview process was very automated. They had scheduled interview days where they interviewed large groups of people. First you fill out some paperwork. Then you sit for a while until they call your name, along with the names of several other people. This is the small group that you will be with for the first interview. You go to another room and play Jenga with your small group while an interviewer asks each individual questions. After you complete this portion, you go to back to the initial room and wait to be called again. This time, they will call you individually and you will have a short one-on-one interview about your experience and how you believe it will help you.

Interview Questions
    • There were many typical interview questions, all of which I've heard in interviews before. However, I would say the hardest one would be how would make a team work together.   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

They interview process was short and they only ask you a handful of questions about your personality. Job experience is not needed. You can basically walk into any six flags and get hired almost immediately on the spot. Go in there with a reasonably positive attitude and willingness to answer a bunch of repetitive questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to apply to Six Flags and what relevant experience do you have?   Answer Question