Six Flags Ride Operator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Waited 5 days with no response so I called to inquire about my application. I was offered an interview. Upon entering HR I was given a clipboard with the front being for my personal information and the back being a math test. The math test was incredibly simple, only containing questions about making change. I was then told to sit and wait as I was a few minutes early. When I was called in for my interview I was asked a few question about my personal info and was given papers to initial. I was then asked a few situation questions and told to wait for a supervisor. The supervisor entered and told me that although a second interview is standard, It would not be necessary for me. I was then offered the job and sent back to the HR desk. I received a packet of paperwork to fill out and bring back with my social security card. As I had my card with me I filled out the papers there and brought them back to the desk. I then received my Discovery Info Packet and Discovery date.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen someone doing something illegal and how did you respond?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever been in a difficult situation and how did you react?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

I went in for a one-on-one interview with one of the HR staff members. It was really easy and I think everyone makes it through the first round. We then went to a group interview of about 10 people. We were asked to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. After that, the interviewer would pose a question to the whole group.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either get it or you don't.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

Went into the interview and they asked me questions relating to previous experiences like had I ever found any lost items and how did I cope when put in certain situations like when someone upset me. Pretty basic stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email within a week for an interveiw. They took us in groups of six and asked a few questions and asked us to play Jenga with each other. Then called us individually to talk with a representative in the area we applied for. From there if you were hired you were led to go fill out paperwork to bring back at a later date.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

Hiring is simple fill out an app online pass your questionare and you get your interview within 3 days interview was easy got asked three questions then I was hired on the spot

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

very few people are not hired. if your a decent person and dont have something outstanding then you will be hired for the basic positions. they went very fast and there was no personal thing in it. it was like moving a heard of cows though the slaughter house. This place hires lots of people due to so many quitting.

Interview Questions

• Would you pass a drug test if taken today.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation you get what you get and that's the end of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the "Entertainment Tech" position online, and was told to call and schedule an interview. I called and scheduled for the next week. I received an email reminding me of my appointment, instructing me to dress professionally and come early. It also provided a description of the first interview, which it described as a "15-25 minute interview to determine if you meet the minimum requirements to be considered for employment."

When I arrived (20 minutes early), I was bombarded with paperwork, of which I had been given no notice. Furthermore, almost all of the information that I was asked to fill out, I had already filled out in my online application. What I had not been notified of in my online application was that there was an age requirement of 18 for my desired position. Not only did the online job listing not note this anywhere, but the online application system did not restrict me from applying. Because I had already driven 45 minutes out, I decided to apply for ride operations, instead. Regardless of any of that, the staff was friendly and helpful, double-checking my paperwork for common mistakes and helping me to correct them.

After my paperwork was completed and submitted, I was asked to take a 10-question math test (on which no calculators or cell phones are permitted; however, you may use the back of the test for scratch paper). All 10 of the questions were word problems, and they all related to transactions within the park ("If Fred buys 3 tries of a game at $2 each, and he pays with a $50, what is his change?"). The test was very simple, and I correctly answered all 10 questions.

After the math test, I was sent back to the waiting room to wait for an interviewer. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes. When my interviewer was ready (accompanied by an HR representative in training), we went back to the interview room and I was asked a series of simple questions. These included questions verifying that I met the minimum criteria ("Will you be willing to adhere to the grooming policy?"), questions about my interest in the position ("How did you hear about us?"), and situational questions ("If a customer becomes verbally upset, what should you do?"). My interviewer was very kind, friendly, and conversational, and when I answered the situational questions she would not in agreement and add on to what I had just said, and giving me more advice for handling the situation. She asked if I had any more questions, and I asked about ride operations (specifically, training and assignment). She deferred to the HR trainee (who was transferring from ride ops), who kindly walked through the process with me. My interviewer told me that there "was no reason why [I couldn't] move on to the next interview", so she gave me some more paperwork and asked me to fill it out in the waiting room while I waited for my ride ops interviewer.

The set of paperwork that I filled out was specific to ride operations. It included some information that I had already filled out 3 times, but it also included more specific ride operations questions, such as asking if I had any aversion to height, water, etc.

I waited probably 15 minutes after completing the paperwork for my ride operations interviewer, who was a very friendly and likeable person. He asked me about my interest in working at Six Flags, which brought up my theatrical interests. It turns out that he also shared an interest in theatre, and we chatted for a second or two about shows (I did one in high school last year that he directed in college). He was very friendly, and even told me a little bit about the Chart Toppers 2.0 show at Six Flags, which I had mentioned earlier in my interview. His questions that he asked were tailored more specifically to ride operations, and they were almost all situational. Many of them related to dealing with guests in abnormal situations (such as a ride closure or failure), but they were all simple questions that any level-headed person could answer. At the end, he asked "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?". I re-hashed my interest in entertainment, which, I said, would give me a natural investment advantage over other applicants. He then handed me a few brochures regarding company uniform purchases, training, etc., and asked me to wait in the waiting room.

I went to the waiting room and waited for 15 minutes or so, until an HR representative came in, congratulated me on the job, and handed me a large informational packet to take home, fill out, and return.

All-in-all, my interviewers (and the other HR staff) were friendly and understanding, and weren't pressuring. The style of dress varied greatly from applicant to applicant, with one wearing a dress shirt and dress pants with a tie and others wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

If you're confident, well-reasoned, well-prepared, and face no restrictions to entry (such as certain criminal history), you can expect a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Suppose you went in to the restroom at this On The Border across the street, or any other restaurant. What would you expect to see? Aside from cleanliness--we all kind of expect the restrooms to be clean--just what would you expect to see?"   1 Answer
    • "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?"   1 Answer

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I filled out and application and within a week they emailed me to let know when my interview was. The day of the interview I went in and signed in with the lady up front and waited to be called and depending on what job you apply for you might have to take a math test. After you turn in your test they grade it then you wait to be called up for an interview, it is a group interview so in mine it was me and 5 other people. When you get in the interview first you play a game a jenga to see how you work with others, after you finish the game you go around and answer the questions. After the questions are finished your interviewer may call some people out of the room and these are the people that did not make it and after that he will come back in and tell you what job he wants you at and is that ok with you.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at six flags   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was incredibly difficult to get a hold of anyone I could talk to about getting an interview. After I got through the interview I had yet more issues trying to find out when I needed to take my Discovery Classes. After I took my Discovery Classes I had more issues trying to get information as to when I was going to be trained and when my first official day of work was going to be and whether or not the two were going to coincide.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions for me were the "Situation" questions. 'Say ___ were to happen. What would you do in said situation?' The reason being that I had no prior job experience so I wasn't sure what exactly the correct answer was or what I would have done in ___ situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Six Flags (Eureka, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, sort of; they rounded up a bunch of people and then after everyone filled out the paperwork (including a mental math test) they called you up individually. There were a lot of younger kids there in jeans/inappropriate clothes, and while they didn't get turned away, they were frowned upon. The interviewer asked basic questions, "why Six Flags?", "have you ever done anything criminal?", asking about your hardships and learning experiences. It was a pretty basic interview and the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have you seen anyone do anything against the law and how did you act?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.