Six Flags

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austell, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out and application and within a week they emailed me to let know when my interview was. The day of the interview I went in and signed in with the lady up front and waited to be called and depending on what job you apply for you might have to take a math test. After you turn in your test they grade it then you wait to be called up for an interview, it is a group interview so in mine it was me and 5 other people. When you get in the interview first you play a game a jenga to see how you work with others, after you finish the game you go around and answer the questions. After the questions are finished your interviewer may call some people out of the room and these are the people that did not make it and after that he will come back in and tell you what job he wants you at and is that ok with you.

Interview Question – What made you want to work at six flags   View Answer

Ride Operator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview Details – very few people are not hired. if your a decent person and dont have something outstanding then you will be hired for the basic positions. they went very fast and there was no personal thing in it. it was like moving a heard of cows though the slaughter house. This place hires lots of people due to so many quitting.

Interview Question – Would you pass a drug test if taken today.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation you get what you get and that's the end of it.

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the "Entertainment Tech" position online, and was told to call and schedule an interview. I called and scheduled for the next week. I received an email reminding me of my appointment, instructing me to dress professionally and come early. It also provided a description of the first interview, which it described as a "15-25 minute interview to determine if you meet the minimum requirements to be considered for employment."

When I arrived (20 minutes early), I was bombarded with paperwork, of which I had been given no notice. Furthermore, almost all of the information that I was asked to fill out, I had already filled out in my online application. What I had not been notified of in my online application was that there was an age requirement of 18 for my desired position. Not only did the online job listing not note this anywhere, but the online application system did not restrict me from applying. Because I had already driven 45 minutes out, I decided to apply for ride operations, instead. Regardless of any of that, the staff was friendly and helpful, double-checking my paperwork for common mistakes and helping me to correct them.

After my paperwork was completed and submitted, I was asked to take a 10-question math test (on which no calculators or cell phones are permitted; however, you may use the back of the test for scratch paper). All 10 of the questions were word problems, and they all related to transactions within the park ("If Fred buys 3 tries of a game at $2 each, and he pays with a $50, what is his change?"). The test was very simple, and I correctly answered all 10 questions.

After the math test, I was sent back to the waiting room to wait for an interviewer. I waited maybe 5-10 minutes. When my interviewer was ready (accompanied by an HR representative in training), we went back to the interview room and I was asked a series of simple questions. These included questions verifying that I met the minimum criteria ("Will you be willing to adhere to the grooming policy?"), questions about my interest in the position ("How did you hear about us?"), and situational questions ("If a customer becomes verbally upset, what should you do?"). My interviewer was very kind, friendly, and conversational, and when I answered the situational questions she would not in agreement and add on to what I had just said, and giving me more advice for handling the situation. She asked if I had any more questions, and I asked about ride operations (specifically, training and assignment). She deferred to the HR trainee (who was transferring from ride ops), who kindly walked through the process with me. My interviewer told me that there "was no reason why [I couldn't] move on to the next interview", so she gave me some more paperwork and asked me to fill it out in the waiting room while I waited for my ride ops interviewer.

The set of paperwork that I filled out was specific to ride operations. It included some information that I had already filled out 3 times, but it also included more specific ride operations questions, such as asking if I had any aversion to height, water, etc.

I waited probably 15 minutes after completing the paperwork for my ride operations interviewer, who was a very friendly and likeable person. He asked me about my interest in working at Six Flags, which brought up my theatrical interests. It turns out that he also shared an interest in theatre, and we chatted for a second or two about shows (I did one in high school last year that he directed in college). He was very friendly, and even told me a little bit about the Chart Toppers 2.0 show at Six Flags, which I had mentioned earlier in my interview. His questions that he asked were tailored more specifically to ride operations, and they were almost all situational. Many of them related to dealing with guests in abnormal situations (such as a ride closure or failure), but they were all simple questions that any level-headed person could answer. At the end, he asked "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?". I re-hashed my interest in entertainment, which, I said, would give me a natural investment advantage over other applicants. He then handed me a few brochures regarding company uniform purchases, training, etc., and asked me to wait in the waiting room.

I went to the waiting room and waited for 15 minutes or so, until an HR representative came in, congratulated me on the job, and handed me a large informational packet to take home, fill out, and return.

All-in-all, my interviewers (and the other HR staff) were friendly and understanding, and weren't pressuring. The style of dress varied greatly from applicant to applicant, with one wearing a dress shirt and dress pants with a tie and others wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

If you're confident, well-reasoned, well-prepared, and face no restrictions to entry (such as certain criminal history), you can expect a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Suppose you went in to the restroom at this On The Border across the street, or any other restaurant. What would you expect to see? Aside from cleanliness--we all kind of expect the restrooms to be clean--just what would you expect to see?"   View Answer
  • "What makes you better than the next guy that I'm going to interview?"   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2011.

Interview Details – went into interview sat down for waiting in hr trailer for maybe a hour and a half before interview basic question on how and why u want to work there but u gotta be very specific with them huge employer love coasters for example great phrase with them

Negotiation Details – not really negotiation 8 an hour worked there for a year and loved it

Eureka, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview, sort of; they rounded up a bunch of people and then after everyone filled out the paperwork (including a mental math test) they called you up individually. There were a lot of younger kids there in jeans/inappropriate clothes, and while they didn't get turned away, they were frowned upon. The interviewer asked basic questions, "why Six Flags?", "have you ever done anything criminal?", asking about your hardships and learning experiences. It was a pretty basic interview and the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Question – Have you seen anyone do anything against the law and how did you act?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Six Flags

Interview Details – They interview process was short and they only ask you a handful of questions about your personality. Job experience is not needed. You can basically walk into any six flags and get hired almost immediately on the spot. Go in there with a reasonably positive attitude and willingness to answer a bunch of repetitive questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – What made you want to apply to Six Flags and what relevant experience do you have?   Answer Question

Jackson, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two weeks later. From there I met with an interviewer and I was offered a position right then and there. The whole process was very easy to go through.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Rides Operator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewers were really nice. They wanted to get to know me as a person. They even asked me what were my hobbies.

Interview Question – Why did I choose this place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. it was pretty much straight forward

Rides Operator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Six Flags in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple process. They ask you a few questions, and then ask when you are available to work and set you up with an orientation date. As long as you are confident in your answers and have a lot of hours open to work at Six Flags, you should have no problem.

Interview Question – What is a strength and weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Vallejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Six Flags in June 2010.

Interview Details – A 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interview asking fairly simple questions about how you respond to scenarios you may encounter. Get a phone call about 2 weeks to 1 month afterwards with response if hired, if not hired they ignore you.

Interview Question – Generic questions of responding to guest questions and being polite with crowds and guest interactions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you a set amount per hour at minimum wage for you to sign and accept or decline and leave.

Worked for Six Flags? Contribute to the Community!