Six3 Systems

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.2

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Six3 Systems.

Phone screen followed by Phone interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiating. The salary was on the low side of the industry standard (but I had been offered lower offers by other competitors) and benefits were set in stone (writing).

Signals Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Six3 Systems in September 2012.

I submitted a resume online and was contacted immediately by an HR representative who was very friendly and easy to work with. She had already reviewed my qualifications and pretty much just wanted to explain in detail the position for which I was selected and talk brass tax of compensation. Great experience!

Don't low-ball yourself just because you need a job immediately, have a range in mind and when asked give the higher end. You will most likely get a counter offer hopefully within your acceptable range.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Six3 Systems in November 2011.

Typical...

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an array of object and an array of pointers?   Answer Question
    These people make promises that they don't keep. I got a verbal offer from the PM immediately after the technical interview but never heard back from them. When I talked to HR all I got was the runaround. They really need to work on their communications skills and follow through on their commitments.

IT Infrastructure Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Six3 Systems in November 2011.

Initial communication was made at a university job fair. Shortly after the fair, I was contacted via phone by the CIO of Six3 to schedule an interview. The interview process was lengthy, approx. 3-4 hours, and involved talking with multiple team members from the Infrastructure department. Two days after the interview, I was contacted again by the CIO who offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • The CIO likes to throw a curve ball and ask something along the lines of "How many gas stations are there along your commute from home?"   View Answer
    I accepted the initial offer as it was a raise from my previous salary.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Six3 Systems in February 2009.

The company was simply looking to land a contract and I had a good repertoire with the client, so my interview was not much of an issue. The only reason I was hired was for them to land a small contract (which they've tried to exploit and get me to turn the client for multiple additional positions).

Yes. Make sure you look up their GSA rates before you go to negotiate (and ask for 60% of whatever the rate is, because they'll offer you 40%).