Skadden Arps Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps (Chicago, IL).

Interview

20 minute on-campus interview
1/2 day callback in the office, with 4-6 half-hour interviews with mid-level associates to partners, then lunch with junior associates

Interview Questions

• Softball questions: why law? why here?
    Almost no questions in the format of "tell a time when..."

Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden Arps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I had f interviews in one day with partners from different groups. I also had a preliminary conversation with an HR manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

A successful law firm interview that results in a job has everything to do with your personality and ability to be smart, quick, unfazed, personable, and patient.
    Of course your degree and experience are crucial, but the firm wouldn't have given you a shot at an interview if those didn't match its standards, so this meeting is all about being one step ahead of the game.

You must be well mannered and well dressed.
    Make your resume stand out from the crowd
    Win them over with your writing samples
    Know -- and promote -- your strengths

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps (Washington, DC) in March 2007.

Interview

I was first called by the director of recruiting and was asked for available dates to meet with partners. The day of the interview I was given a list of people that I would meet. I met 5 partners- including 2 of the head of the department. I received an offer towards the middle of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging experience   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work at private practice   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Skadden Arps in June 2008.

Interview

OCI followed by a callback in which you meet two associates and 2 partners. they are all fit interviews and resumes generally speak for your qualifications themselves. be prepared with questions and talking points. the people are generally just trying to get a fel for your personaility, and as someone who has now given interviews, the lawyers are generally looking to see if you are the type of person they wouldnt mind spending long hours with, can be social, and can communicate well with clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO, there is no ability to negotiate. the whole process is very standardized.