Skadden Arps Legal Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Skadden Arps.

The interview process was relatively basic with a phone interview and then a call back to interview at the company onsite. At the onsite interview I met with four different individuals from the human resources department. Most of the questions were basic background on my work experience, work ethic, life goals and situational questions. They are very honest about the long hours (70-80 hours weeks) that you will put in.

Interview Questions
  • The situational questions put you on the spot in how you would deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden Arps

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps.

I applied online and got a call back to meet with a HR Rep and the Legal Assistant Managers.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, the interviewers did most of the talking and I chimed in with examples that I thought best showed my attributes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as its a standard pay across the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps in February 2013.

I applied online and then was called in to go interview in their offices. I spoke with the hiring coordinator the legal assistant program, then with a former legal assistant (she had been promoted to another position), and finally with the coordinators of the legal assistant program.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard--why do you want to be a legal assistant, why skaaden, why law, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps.

Submit an application with a resume and strong cover letter. Be sure that there are no grammatical errors or typos. For the interview, make sure you are familiar with the responsibilites and expectations of a legal assistant at a big-law firm. You must be williing to work overtime. Must.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were the basic, tell me about yourself, biggest challenge and how you overcame it, etc. Be sure to express maturity, ability to problem solve, multitask, etc.   Answer Question
    None.

Legal Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps in February 2012.

Went into the office for an hour long interview. Fairly standard experience - went over work experience & relevant skills. Most of the discussion focused on the demands of the position itself and whether or not I wad comfortable making the commitment. Very personable interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your work experience for the past few years. What did you like or dislike about this work?   Answer Question