Skadden Arps

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively basic with a phone interview and then a call back to interview at the company onsite. At the onsite interview I met with four different individuals from the human resources department. Most of the questions were basic background on my work experience, work ethic, life goals and situational questions. They are very honest about the long hours (70-80 hours weeks) that you will put in.

Interview Question – The situational questions put you on the spot in how you would deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Skadden Arps in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and then was called in to go interview in their offices. I spoke with the hiring coordinator the legal assistant program, then with a former legal assistant (she had been promoted to another position), and finally with the coordinators of the legal assistant program.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard--why do you want to be a legal assistant, why skaaden, why law, etc.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back to meet with a HR Rep and the Legal Assistant Managers.

Interview Question – To be honest, the interviewers did most of the talking and I chimed in with examples that I thought best showed my attributes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as its a standard pay across the market.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview Details – Submit an application with a resume and strong cover letter. Be sure that there are no grammatical errors or typos. For the interview, make sure you are familiar with the responsibilites and expectations of a legal assistant at a big-law firm. You must be williing to work overtime. Must.

Interview Question – All of the questions were the basic, tell me about yourself, biggest challenge and how you overcame it, etc. Be sure to express maturity, ability to problem solve, multitask, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Legal Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Skadden Arps in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went into the office for an hour long interview. Fairly standard experience - went over work experience & relevant skills. Most of the discussion focused on the demands of the position itself and whether or not I wad comfortable making the commitment. Very personable interviewers.

Interview Question – Explain your work experience for the past few years. What did you like or dislike about this work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skadden Arps

Worked for Skadden Arps? Contribute to the Community!