Skadden Arps Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

Senior Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps.

I was contacted by a recruiter I had worked with in the past who originally found my profile on LinkedIn. At the on-site interview, I filled out a detailed application then met with HR. Detailed salary information and references were requested. After, I spent 2 hours with the hiring manager. The interview was more about fit than the specific software skills . We discussed my related experience and understanding of the job function, their methods of training, work life balance, importance and pressures of the position. Everyone was personable and professional.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of a conversation; no crazy or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps in October 2013.

Got a call for an onsite interview. Met with 4 employees in a 3 hour interview. The interview process was smooth and the interviewers were very friendly.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps in February 2013.

I applied online and then was called in to go interview in their offices. I spoke with the hiring coordinator the legal assistant program, then with a former legal assistant (she had been promoted to another position), and finally with the coordinators of the legal assistant program.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard--why do you want to be a legal assistant, why skaaden, why law, etc.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps.

Submit an application with a resume and strong cover letter. Be sure that there are no grammatical errors or typos. For the interview, make sure you are familiar with the responsibilites and expectations of a legal assistant at a big-law firm. You must be williing to work overtime. Must.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were the basic, tell me about yourself, biggest challenge and how you overcame it, etc. Be sure to express maturity, ability to problem solve, multitask, etc.   Answer Question
    None.

Legal Staffing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps in March 2012.

After arranging for an interview via email, ended up going to the offices in New York. Spoke to two people, and the questions were pretty basic--why do you want this position, how are you qualified, what do you want to do with your career, etc. Very upfront about the duties and overtime--I appreciated the honesty.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps in June 2011.

People were very friendly and nice! I was given a lot of detail about the position--a lot of overtime is required, including weekends. First I met with a panel of 2 people, and then I met alone with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Skadden Arps in October 2009.

I had f interviews in one day with partners from different groups. I also had a preliminary conversation with an HR manager

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skadden Arps in April 2009.

A successful law firm interview that results in a job has everything to do with your personality and ability to be smart, quick, unfazed, personable, and patient.
    Of course your degree and experience are crucial, but the firm wouldn't have given you a shot at an interview if those didn't match its standards, so this meeting is all about being one step ahead of the game.

You must be well mannered and well dressed.
    Make your resume stand out from the crowd
    Win them over with your writing samples
    Know -- and promote -- your strengths