Skagit Valley College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Campus Security Interview

Campus Security

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Skagit Valley College.

Interview Details – Basic interview process. If you have a pulse and can formulate sentences... you'll probably get the job.

Interview Question – Scenario: It's 2am and you are the only guard on duty. An intruder alarm goes off in the main admin building, how do you react and respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available for this position. If you don't like the offer the next person will.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

A Non-exempt, Non-faculty, General Clerical Type Position Interview

A Non-exempt, Non-faculty, General Clerical Type Position
Mount Vernon, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Skagit Valley College in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for a job and never heard anything. I called, but was told it was in review (whatever that meant). Then I got a call with an offer for an interview. On the day of the interview, a person took me for a tour of the campus. I think they were getting a "feel" for me and some of the questions of comments seemed odd. Then I went to building where there were 3 other candidates. We were called in an introduced to a group of people from the campus. Questions seemed typical of formal HR textbook type stuff, but a couple were downright weird...to make you think on your feet, I think. Overall it was polite and orderly; and not overly friendly...cold if anything. I got the feeling someone was already selected and they were going through the motions. Then, it took forever for me to get a "sorry" notice that someone that better met their needs had been selected. A very frustrating, cold, and slow process for a clerical position. I hope this isn't typical of how all government works!

Interview Questions

• If you could structure the world in one of 3 ways with no scarcity, no problems, and no rules; how would you do it?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time when you went beyond the call of Customer Service and did something extraordinary.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Skagit Valley College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Skagit Valley College interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Skagit Valley College employees and interview candidates.