Skanska Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Had two interviews, one over the phone that lasted about 15 minutes. Very basic questions. Had a second interview in person as well as video conferencing a second person at the same time. This was slightly more in depth.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Skanska.

I had 3 interviews for the Project Engineer position at Skanska. The first was on the phone which was mostly behavioral and fairly short (30 minutes). I was invited to participate in a second round interview at the Skanska office. This was a longer interview (almost 3 hours) where I met and interviewed with 3 different sets of people. The first people I spoke with were 2 Skanska employees who had the position I was interviewing for. They didn't really ask interview questions but this was an opportunity for me to ask them about their experience and to have a more casual conversation to ease me into the rest of the interviews. The second group of people that came to talk to me were very friendly and their questions were mostly based on my resume, again, nothing very difficult. Last, the VPs came in to ask more interview questions and try and get to know me better. HR also came in to give me more information on Skanska and the possible career paths I would have if I was given an offer. All in all, although it was a long interviewing session I really enjoyed it and felt very comfortable as the questions were asked.

A day later, I was called and asked schedule a site visit as the last part of my interviewing process. I ended up at a site in a trailer and 3 people that worked on that project came in to ask me more of the same questions that I had been asked a few days earlier. They were very unenthusiastic, didn't seem like they wanted to be there, and weren't the most pleasant people to be speaking with. Completely different experience than the one I had in the office.

Ultimately I was not given the job as they said I didn't seem to have the "passion" for construction. The last interview killed any passion I had. So if you're really interested in the position and in construction, don't be afraid to express enthusiastically.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Unexpected question: "how do you feel about Hard Hat hair?"   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Skanska in April 2011.

I heard about the summer internship opportunity through a college scholarship that Skanska annually rewards students in the state of Washington. They responded to my scholarship application via email and we set up an interview time on my college campus at the University of Washington. I was interviewed by six UW graduates and current Skanska employees. A suit is very appropriate for this type of interview.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skanska in January 2008.

friend emailed my resume to boss, boss emailed me to schedule interview, went to the office to interview, notified that decided to go with another candidate

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Skanska in August 2013.

Contact by linkedin, interview with HR, HR head and CEO. Overall process was ok. Not much transparency about company's financial situation and about not paying bonus over the last 3 years.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Skanska in January 2013.

Good place, not very friendly people and the HR made me a lot of inappropriate questions. It was a waste of time, I'll never work on a place were they treat people like replaceable pieces.

Interview Questions
    • He ask me if I don't have problem working with women.   View Answer

Worst interview ever...

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bahía Blanca (Argentina)
    Anonymous Employee in Bahía Blanca (Argentina)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skanska in March 2012.

I received a mail , from a friend , offering the chance of applyng .
    Then I met the local manager, who found my profile suitable .
    After two weeks , I had an interview at corporate offices with HR Manager

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel having two previous experiences in the company ?   View Answer
    • Do yo have something to say at this moment ?   View Answer