Skanska USA Building Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014
Updated May 21, 2014

2.3

Technical Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

The interview process was a "typical" tell me about yourself process. They asked questions about certain technology that they use on a daily basis, to ensure that I am able to function with it. The questions threw me off a little when they asked about what books I have read in the last year and why I read them. Very good and very different process to everything. I believe the reason that it was asked it to make sure that my personality will click with the teams. Overall on a scale of 1-10 for the interview I would put it at a 6.8 /7.

Interview Questions
    • As I stated above, I would say that the unexpected question would have been the "What Book have you read in the last year and why".

Very different.
        Answer Question
    There was none. Their pay is set.

Assistant Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

I contacted them through a University career fair. I spoke with a rep there for a good bit and talked about a various number of things, not really construction in particular.
    They ended up contacting me before I had a chance to follow up with them about a week later.
    They scheduled a phone interview, then I waited about a month due to other college recruiting that they were doing. I was then contacted and schedule for an interview in their local office with the HR Director and VP.
    The interviews were very relaxed, laid back, informative, and really had the feel of a smaller company.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Pretty simple. The interview process was minimal as I started as an intern for nearly 8 months and when an full time position opened up for a new project, I was offered the job and took it.

Project Engineer Interview

I interviewed during college and had a very nice experience. I had an in person interview and then a phone interview. I was initially hired as an intern and when I was looking for a full time job, the interview was almost non-existent.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were especially difficult. They were mainly about experience and strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Everyone was very friendly. I heard about the interview through my college and was excited to meet the people at Skanska. The interview was slightly intimidating, due to the fact that it was me across the table from four of the upper-management team. They were very interested in what I was doing in school, and how I could contribute to the team

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Skanska? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Skanska USA Building in November 2013.

I was interviewing for the Project Engineer, along with about six other people from my school. I spent the first half hour interviewing with a senior member of the firm along with a new hire. After that I was taken to another room where I was interviewed by a worker that graduated from my school and had been working in the office for a few years.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one situation in which you were able to figure something out when everyone else couldn't.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Contacted by phone by a Project Manager answered a few question then later had conversation with him and Senior Project Manager.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

I was brought to the company by a recruiter. The interview process with management was very good. I met on 2 separate occasions first with the person to whom I would directly report then with 2 members of my office's senior management. Both interviews were very informal, conducted over a meal. It was a good opportunity for me to get to the company as well as the company I was going to work for.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question - it was a very informal process. The most difficult question was do I want the job.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation. I told them what I wanted to be paid and they agreed. Looking back I probably should have tried to negotiate additional vacation time as I took a reduction in time to come to this company from my old company.

Intern Interview

Was invited in for an interview in their office. Interviewed with one project manager that would end up being my boss. Also had a personality interview with another pm. Everyone was very kind and helpful, which was especially nice considering it was one of my first interviews.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Skanska USA Building in September 2012.

Might have been the best interview process I have been apart of. Instead of those standard behavior questions and STAR technique questions, they ask questions solely based off your resume. It is complete open dialogue which gives you the opportunity to be completely honest about your experience. There was none of the head down writing notes while you talked; it was complete 100% attention paid to everything you said. The interview was not intimidating and it was very fair. It gave you an opportunity to see management styles and how the company operates.

Also, expect to have follow up questions based upon the answers you provide based upon your experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just be honest about your experience, skills, and behavior. Identify your weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question
    Very fair and straight forward.

Worked for Skanska USA Building? Contribute to the Community!