Skanska USA Building Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.4

Project Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Very straightforward. First i had a phone interview with HR then an in person with HR. HR asked a very standard slew of interview questions (what are your relevant experiences why this role what salary are you looking for etc). A week later i met with management on a project site. Again they asked me what experience i had and wanted to get a sense of whether you will be a team player and are a leader.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

The interview process was a "typical" tell me about yourself process. They asked questions about certain technology that they use on a daily basis, to ensure that I am able to function with it. The questions threw me off a little when they asked about what books I have read in the last year and why I read them. Very good and very different process to everything. I believe the reason that it was asked it to make sure that my personality will click with the teams. Overall on a scale of 1-10 for the interview I would put it at a 6.8 /7.

Interview Questions

• As I stated above, I would say that the unexpected question would have been the "What Book have you read in the last year and why". Very different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Their pay is set.

Assistant Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

I contacted them through a University career fair. I spoke with a rep there for a good bit and talked about a various number of things, not really construction in particular. They ended up contacting me before I had a chance to follow up with them about a week later. They scheduled a phone interview, then I waited about a month due to other college recruiting that they were doing. I was then contacted and schedule for an interview in their local office with the HR Director and VP. The interviews were very relaxed, laid back, informative, and really had the feel of a smaller company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Skanska USA Building (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It took a long time to get to the interview. A couple of days worth of interviewing time consuming. 4 or 5 people participated and not sure they communicated when all was said and done.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? What are your goals? 5years 10 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Pretty simple. The interview process was minimal as I started as an intern for nearly 8 months and when an full time position opened up for a new project, I was offered the job and took it.

Business Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. I heard about the interview through my college and was excited to meet the people at Skanska. The interview was slightly intimidating, due to the fact that it was me across the table from four of the upper-management team. They were very interested in what I was doing in school, and how I could contribute to the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Skanska? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed during college and had a very nice experience. I had an in person interview and then a phone interview. I was initially hired as an intern and when I was looking for a full time job, the interview was almost non-existent.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult. They were mainly about experience and strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for the Project Engineer, along with about six other people from my school. I spent the first half hour interviewing with a senior member of the firm along with a new hire. After that I was taken to another room where I was interviewed by a worker that graduated from my school and had been working in the office for a few years.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation in which you were able to figure something out when everyone else couldn't.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Contacted by phone by a Project Manager answered a few question then later had conversation with him and Senior Project Manager.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skanska USA Building (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was brought to the company by a recruiter. The interview process with management was very good. I met on 2 separate occasions first with the person to whom I would directly report then with 2 members of my office's senior management. Both interviews were very informal, conducted over a meal. It was a good opportunity for me to get to the company as well as the company I was going to work for.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question - it was a very informal process. The most difficult question was do I want the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I told them what I wanted to be paid and they agreed. Looking back I probably should have tried to negotiate additional vacation time as I took a reduction in time to come to this company from my old company.