Skanska USA Building

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Skanska USA Building in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for the Project Engineer, along with about six other people from my school. I spent the first half hour interviewing with a senior member of the firm along with a new hire. After that I was taken to another room where I was interviewed by a worker that graduated from my school and had been working in the office for a few years.

Interview Question – Describe one situation in which you were able to figure something out when everyone else couldn't.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. The interview process was minimal as I started as an intern for nearly 8 months and when an full time position opened up for a new project, I was offered the job and took it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in construction?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Skanska USA Building

Interview Details – I interviewed during college and had a very nice experience. I had an in person interview and then a phone interview. I was initially hired as an intern and when I was looking for a full time job, the interview was almost non-existent.

Interview Question – None of the questions were especially difficult. They were mainly about experience and strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Skanska USA Building in June 2012.

Interview Details – Simple process was interviewed on Thursday, and offered a job on the spot

Interview Question – Typical questions, skills strengths, weaknesses, et.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy i was offered everything I wanted

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Skanska USA Building in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was seamless. First a phone interview was conducted to make sure the candidate is interested in the company and is a capable enough. Then the 1 on 1 interview with the senior vice president of the company proved to be rewarding because I drew experiences and advice from somebody who has been working at the company for a while. An interview is a two-way street as the candidate is interviewing the company while the company interviews the candidate. I was impressed with the attention to detail and personal detail that Skanska had provided while recruiting.

Interview Questions

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR after a university career fair for a phone interview. The next step was a one on one interview with an assistant project manager leading up to a one on one interview with the VP. Everyone interviewer at every stage was extremely nice and laid back. The interviews were not very challenging. Just basic interview questions and the rest is direct questions from your resume.

Interview Question – Describe the toughest obstacle you had to overcome and how you did it.   View Answer

Worked for Skanska USA Building? Contribute to the Community!