Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Send in paper Application or Apply Online (GO HIRE)
    Have an open schedule as possible to get the job.

Wait for a call back (Usually wait 2-3 weeks for the call back)

1st Interview (Dress to Impress, Slacks, Button Up shirt)

2nd Interview (Basic Paperwork, and Availability)

Interview Questions
    • What is worst experience with a customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Questions are standard for this position.
    Why do you want to work here?
    how to you handle difficult employees?
    Normally two people would interview you and maybe a third if the regional has time

Always ask for more

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in November 2014.

It was laid back and very straight forward . The DM was easy to talk to and very excited about the company which made me excited about then opportunity as a whole

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

I had an initial pre-screen with the recruiter via phone call. We set up a time for a Skype interview. General questions were asked in the Skype interview ("Walk me through your work history", "What is the most important function of the MOD?", etc) Less than a week after the Skype interview, I was contacted and asked to go for a face-to-face interview with the DM. The DM interview was more in-depth. After the interview, we went into the store and I was walked through visual and operational expectations. I was asked how I would merchandise products differently and why I would make those choices. Less than a week after the DM interview, I was contacted again by the recruiter to get more information on my references and to set up a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Within a week of the RM interview, I was offered the position. The process was very smooth, and the recruiter did a wonderful job of keeping me updated on my status.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions from the interview guide were that difficult, but when the DM dug deeper and asked follow up questions the interview got more interesting. The interview questionnaire was pretty standard for Management positions.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate, but we reached a stale mate. I accepted at their initial offer, with the understanding that the bonus structure would compensate for the difference.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in September 2014.

The interview is not hard very easy. They do not follow through very well.The manager was not enthused when discussing the store. I showed more enthusiasm.The district manager 2as unprofessional.

The pay was too low.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in August 2014.

Replied to an ad on craigslist with my resume, in about 2 weeks i recieved a call for an interview. The interview was one on one in the backroom. Was hired on the spot & i had to fill out an application and bring in a copy of my id and ssn. My start day was 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What do you like about sketchers shoes ?

Answer Question
    They do not give enough hours and pay is minimum wage

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in May 2014.

What an absolute joke! I was contacted by a recruiter via a phone call. We spoke several times over the phone. I was scheduled three different interview appointments. The recruiter had to reschedule twice. What kind of company does that,not to mention the recruiter is late himself. They start you off at store location where you meet with a recruiter, district manager, and a employee relations manager. The district manager was a pompous arrogant self centered way too cool kind of guy that was worried more about his looks then the interview.They walk you around the store as if it is any different than any other store, really trying to emphasize their requirements.It felt like I was on tour not in an interview. Every thing is very rushed, along the tour of the store they asked you ridicules questions regarding their product that you could really only answer if you have worked there before. Oh and they ask visual questions regarding the presentation of the store. Word of advice , don't be negative in your response they will take it as an insult. At the end of the so called."interview" the recuiter messes up aisle of shoes and has you recovery it in a certain about time. Really dumb if you ask me. After the half baked interview was over, they had me meet them at Starbucks down the street from the store. Everyone showed up except the district manager, apparently he was just way too cool! After Starbucks interview was over I was told by the recruiter that there was no active position opened at the moment. He told me he would contact me within a week and let know what the next steps were going to be. I felt very upset and misled, I was led to believe the whole time that there was an active position open. About two weeks later I was contacted and told that in about 6 months a position will be opening up and I could accept a bench position. Needless to say I turn down the position. My takeaway from the interview is at Skechers wasn't looking for a store manager or General manager, they are looking for robots ; people that would do whatever they said when they said it- no room for an entrepreneurial spirit.

Interview Questions

I what to work in a company where I can be a leader and display an entrepreneurial spirit.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

I applied online then got called for an interview. The interview process was fairly easy. It took maybe 30-45 minutes and I was told about the company and then asked questions about former job experiences and past employers. I aced the interview then got a call back and came in to fill out paperwork. I started work about 2 weeks later; on the first day I fill out a training packet based on the company, there products, and there policies, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

I was working for retail for the past a year and half. Initially I became an associate by walking in for an application. They liked my first impression and told me to come by the store the very next day for an interview with the store manager. He asked me couple of questions about myself and my past work experience. It was a very chill interview process. The store manager was very laid back.

no negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in January 2014.

Sent my resume over. Recieved a call back the very next day. Followed up in the next couple hours. Never received a response. Called one more time the next week, and still no response, the job posting came down the same week as I followed up. Company seems to lack communication. Didn't seem professional, and from the negative reviews they probably did me a favor....