Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

I was working for retail for the past a year and half. Initially I became an associate by walking in for an application. They liked my first impression and told me to come by the store the very next day for an interview with the store manager. He asked me couple of questions about myself and my past work experience. It was a very chill interview process. The store manager was very laid back.

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in June 2012.

The interview was laid back and rather casual. I met the manager at another store front and we had an interview in the break room. Simple questions such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if a customer demanded a sale price that was no longer valid?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. They wanted to know if you are familiar with their product, especially the new ones.   Answer Question
    They asked what was reasonable? I started high (this is entry level retail) I said 10 or 11 dollars an hour. He responded that was much too high and that the going rate was lower. So we landed on a fair rate of compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in September 2010.

You have to go in and fill out a paper application. There is no way to do it online. The interview for sales associates consists of two interviews, usually on the same day. After the interview, you usually get a call within a couple days, depending on the store's needs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had an outraged customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in April 2010.

Easy interview process. I went in and applied at the store and then I got a call for an interview. It was relaxed , better than most interviews go. Overall , they just want to know about yourself and how you can be an asset to the store and overall company you are working for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in October 2011.

First was a phone interview. Followed by a 1:1 interview. Then a job offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    There is a low and high for wages. But from as far as I can tell, the wage is determined by previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in June 2011.

First I was interviewed by the current store manager and my second interview was the District Manager. Some other associates had a group interview first, instead of a one on one like I did. The store wasn't open yet, it was still being built so we met in the mall near a coffee shop.

Interview Questions
    • Is taking just one penny from the drawer okay?   View Answer
    I was not even told my pay during the second interview, because I didn't know if I had the job yet. I found out during my 3rd working day.

Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in August 2010.

i had my first interview on the 1st with an assistant manager. They called me back the same day and scheduled a second interview with another manager the next day. Generally the interview was going on pretty well till they told me to sell them a shape-up and flop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Limerick, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Limerick, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in July 2009.

Sat down and answered questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have gone out of you way to help a customer   View Answer
    • What are some skills you have with interacting with others   View Answer
    Don't take the job unless you are happy with they pay

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in July 2010.

Sent in resume, resume reviewed by store manager, phone call asking me to come in for an interview. Interview at store, quick and brief no offer during interview, she told me that she would be interviewing for the next few days and she would call me. She said that there would be a second interview and that since it was a corporate store the job is very demanding and they are looking for the exact right person for the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Skechers U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!