SkillSoft Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

Regional Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in March 2013.

Hiring process was pretty detailed and open about speaking with others in the org. Flew me to NH to interview with executive team.....very warm and nice. Be prepared to show your 3 years of W2s

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    a guarantee signing bonus to help ge tthru the first 3 months. Base salary of 95,000 non neg

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft.

A series of interviews with HR and management. There were a total of5 interviews, the last one with the Vice President. Phone interview first with HR and then you are brought in to meet with the department managers and director.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in July 2012.

Hiring can be a combination of virtual and in-person meetings. Very informal and really focuses on the three key questions of: can you do the job?, will you love doing the job?, and will we enjoy working with you?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you would approach a global change management initiative.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in December 2010.

The interview process was pretty short, considering i had the right background and experience for the job. However, the answers i received to my questions about the compensation were deceitful, not that I was told outright lies, just that i wasn't told everything about the territory divisions and compensation plan when i asked.

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in August 2010.

For a job that just pays 37K they sure are picky. Honestly I had other opportunities that paid more and did not expect me to interview in person with a different employee every other day.
    I did three in person interviews and then the mock call. They base the ultimate decision on that mock call. Skillsoft gives very few details for the scenario and expects you to know detailed information about their products. The focus should be on the call flow and not throwing out objections that is product specific. You learn that in training. For example saying "i am not interested" or "now is not a good time" are better objections to throw out in a mock call.
    In retrospect I probably dodged a bullet. After reading the reviews of employees on this site and others I am glad they did not want me.

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in May 2014.

First point of contact was the HR asking me how much I expected to be paid. I answered a bit lower figure than what I knew new staff would be offered for this position, then I got an email asking me to be interviewed in one week. I was interviewed by three regular staff (not upper management or HR). It went well, I felt positive. One week later I was called to come back for a second interview and asked to review a 15 page report written by a SkillSoft employee about the benefits of using their products, supposedly the research conducted was a scientifically valid measure of client satisfaction. I spent 20+ hours preparing a presentation and when I was interviewed the second time, there were four staff, one HR and it seemed again the other three were just average employees, not management. Could not use power point or computer for presentation. Less than a week later I was emailed by HR saying they decided not to hire ANYONE, felt the company was not sure of what they were doing, jerking people around, it was strange. Told me that I could reapply in the near future when they advertise again. Not sure if I will even bother. I heard a lot of negative things about SkillSoft, that they are not so good to their employees, hire and fire like mad...but if I need the money I will probably apply again, but to do two more interviews, I hope not to be disappointed again. This seems to be a sketchy way of conducting business, will not be surprised if they go under if they treat their clients this way too.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you were unable to handle policy change in a pervious job.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in April 2010.

2 person interview. Focused on understanding of the sales process and experience. For sales positions understanding the sales funnel and willingness to contact the required number of clients for the targeted end result is key. One of the interviewers would end up being your direct supervisor if hired. The other would either be another manager or the director of the center.

Interview Questions
    Very direct. Formal offer made a couple of weeks after my interview. It took some time to get a response based on the volume of interviews they do.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft.

Interviewed by HR and VP first, second interview with 3 sales managers

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable - it's basically a call centre and all people are paid the same rate and get the same vacation regardless of experience. Recent graduates are paid exactly the same those with 10 years experience

Product Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in June 2011.

I had a great phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited to a group of one on one interviews. The room had no natural light and did not show off the best parts of the company. The hiring manager definitely took the time beforehand to review my resume, but the others did not.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at SkillSoft in January 2010.

It took weeks to get an interview scheduled once i learned I was a candidate. Had one rough phone interview, asked about the industry without any industry background. Second interview went better. Was invited for 1:1 and when I tried to schedule, was told I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific industry functions knowing I was not from within the industry.   View Answer

Worked for SkillSoft? Contribute to the Community!