SkillStorm Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at SkillStorm

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SkillStorm.

Interview

There are about three phone interviews and an in person interview with the account manager and the vice president. After that there is a half day where you shadow the technical recruiters. The last step that its a call with an offer.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SkillStorm in December 2014.

Interview

Received a message on LinkedIn several months ago from a recruiter/hr person. I ignored it at the time but kept it in my inbox. I eventually contacted that individual (Jared) to ask if they were still hiring for the technical recruiter position in Indianapolis. He said that they were. We spoke on the phone a day or two later for about 15 minutes. He told me about the position and asked if I was still interested. I told him that I was and would like to have an interview in the Indianapolis office. We scheduled an interview for early the next week with a Vice President and one of (the only) the account managers in the Indy office. I showed up for my interview and the Vice President was out sick or something so I spoke instead with the account manager and another technical recruiter. It wasn't really an interview but instead more of a conversation. She asked me important questions such as "Where do you usually eat your lunch?" And "Do you like sushi?" But talked about the position very little. I felt more like I was the one interviewing them. As the "interview" was wrapping up I told the two ladies that I was still interested in the position but that I wanted to speak with the Vice President who ran the show in Indy. They said that wouldn't be a problem. Later that afternoon I spoke with the HR guy on the phone again and told him again that I was still interested but wanted to talk to the VP. He said he was going to follow up with the team in Indy and try to get that arranged. A day or two after that I got a short email from the HR guy saying that he had followed up with the team in Indy and that they decided this probably wouldn't be a good fit. That may have been the case seeing as I hate sushi, but I was easily qualified for the position and probably could have helped them out quite a bit had I decided to work for them. It was just really disappointing not to get a real interview to discuss the nuts and bolts of the position.

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SkillStorm (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Skillstorm Rep met me at interview site. Provided encouragement and coaching on the position and the interviewers. Stuck around and provided introductions to interviewer and wished me well. Very positive and nurturing. Instilled confidence. The interview itself went well, although job description is not quite up to my actual duties.

Interview Questions

• I felt quite confident during the interview process and was able to address most if not all questions/issues that came up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Skillstorm had set fee.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SkillStorm in April 2008.

Interview

Applied online, called the recruiter after a week for not hearing back, set up a phone interview with recruiter, interviewed by phone with recruiter, interviewed by group panel in office, 1/2 day job shadowing session, phone call interview by VP, offer made and accepted.