Skrill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

QA Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skrill (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in April 2015.

Interview

They was two interviews for me.The interviews was about an hour. There are 2 QA managers and one HR on my first one. We talk about my work experience. They told me a lot about the company and the way of work. The second one was in english and it was more technical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about SQL, i had to write some simple query. Then they asked me about Static variables.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative GR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skrill (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief, on point and with all parties been quite friendly ....including the HR department people as well as my future to be Team leaders and Managers.We went in to my Past employers and why i no longer work for them (mainly for the night shifts - 6 PM to 03 AM) and issues about Life -Work balance.After that we went to why i am in this coutry (I am a foreigner) and why right now Sofia is the place to be in job and Life opportunities in my oppinion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quite normal and reasonable.

State your wands and have the backround to cover theirs

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Skrill (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR are terrible, I had to call 10 times to arrange an interview, as apparently they did not get none of my emails or missed calls. On the day of the interview I was supposed to meet HR and a Senior Account Manager. The Acc. Manager did not show up. The HR was really bored, didn't really listen to me, just nodded. I was told they will contact me in a few to let me know. No contact whatsoever. Had to call/email again.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skrill in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process for my position consisted of three stages:

1) Phone interview with the Head of Recruitment
    2) Face to face interview with the Head of Recruitment and Head of Learning and Development
    3) Skype interview with the SVP Human Resources

I am really satisfied with the whole process- it took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to my background in recruitment.   1 Answer

Integration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skrill (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in October 2014.

Interview

I've applied online for Skrill, couple days later received a phone call from the HR to arrange a meeting.
    On the meeting I met the Manager of the departement and the HR.
    The HR put me trought the history of Skrill and oportunites of it.
    Then I presented my self with my collage and working experience.
    I was told from the Manager about the position that is aviable then I was asked couple questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you choosed to apply for Skrill?   1 Answer
    • Why did you quit your last Job?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between POST and GET?   1 Answer
    • Wht can you enter in the attribute "method" in a html form?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Skrill (Sofia (Bulgaria)).

Interview

I was hired 6 years ago. The HR team is now changed and I have no recent information of how things are.
    As far as I know, the process is clear and people are chosen not only for skills but also if they can fit the team.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to work for this company? Always a tricky one   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 days

VIP Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Skrill.

Interview

2 interviews. One face to face general meet and greet. The other a formal presentation I had to prepare. Both were at Skrill's head office. HR will try and haggle of wage, this is standard. Everyone within the company says they had too. Aim high with wages, Skrill are desperate for staff so will pay it.

Interview Questions

• Your plan for 2014, how you will achieve targets. You have to in essence put together a business plan,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over wage, a bit of back and forth.

Customer Support Representative EN (Sofia Branch) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Skrill (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in April 2014.

Interview

I liked Paysafe cards and used them a lot and heard they were purchased by Skrill Mb which is doing well in the job market ( I thought) , as they bought quite a big product as Paysafe.

I decided to send my CV and try for Customer Support Representative EN (Sofia Branch).
    After around a week, I got a call from HR and was send a link to a web recording video site for QA.

The questions were designed to be as vague as possible such as ( What do you know about Skrill, how do you see yourself in the future, why did you apply, how do you react to angry customers, strengths and weaknesses) the usual mambo jumbo , not even 1 actual question or test questions.

I have worked in other companies ( and there were always test questions, scenarios etc. to check language proficiency ,stress tests and other stuff).

I received an answer from HR saying according to her the web interview can sift through appropriate candidates(even more laughable was her remark that it can check grammar skills :)))))))) as the web ''interview'' consisted only of verbal question and answering '' :))))))))

From the inside a colleague told me the company is doing bad and they cut salaries to little below 1000 Euros for Team Leader and around 500 to 600 E for customer support , 700-800 E for 2-3 languages, and while the employees in Sofia branch are the largest community in Skrill, the management is beyond mediocre.

I really regret to know that another big name company has become ''bulgarized'' and its name is jeopardized by Bulgarian ''managers and HR's'' claiming they choose candidates solely on general questioning such as the cliche '' how do you see yourself in 5 years''.

It is my strong belief Skrill does not employ the same tactics while interviewing people in UK , etc.

While my impression is that employees are chosen on friend/sex buddy/favoring principle in Bulgaria, I thought in Skrill as it is an international brand, things are different, however they are not.(at least in Sofia branch)

For future applicants, avoid this company as the selection process is quite shady and non-transparent.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were neither difficult, nor unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Skrill (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I've applied online and was called after a few days, i didn't take the call as i was working and so i received an email from HR, asking me for an hour to be called back. I replied straight away to the email but got no call back and no replies. After three days I wrote another email to HR to be called again, and again, no reply. I then decided to call and the girl in charge of the recruitment process told me she was very busy, and that i should have expected a call the day after. Guess what? No calls the day after!

Leitender Entwickler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skrill (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2012.

Interview

Man muss mit dem Personalbüro reden und jeden einzelnen Punkt im Lebenslauf mit "Wie gut sind sie in" auf einer Skala von 1 bis 10 bewerten. Zeitverschwendung. Kein technisches Gespräch in irgendeiner Form. Sie antworten nicht auf E-Mails und nach einem Monat versuchen sie dich wieder anzuwerben, als ob nie etwas passiert wäre.

You have to talk to the HR and rank "how good are you in" every single thing you put in your CV on the scale of 1 to 10. Waste of time. No technical interview whatsoever. They don't respond to your emails and after a month they try to recruit you again forgetting it ever happened.

Interview Questions

• Wie viel Geld möchten Sie?   How much money do you want?   1 Answer
    • Wie gut kennen Sie Bash auf einer Scala von 1 bis 10?   How good do you know Bash on the scale of 1 to 10?   Answer Question