Skullcandy

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Skullcandy in July 2014.

I participated in two phone interviews followed by five hours of in-person interviews at Skullcandy's Park City-based headquarters. The phone interviews were straightforward enough. The in-person interviews were mostly organized, but some in-person interviewers were led by staff who were under-prepared and ran short on time. The questions asked were not especially deep or meaningful, and I struggled to interject my unique knowledge and expertise during the "vanilla" discussion.

Following this long interview process, I was never notified if another candidate was selected, or updated on the status of my application. When I inquired about two weeks post-interview, the HR team member notified me that they would be wrapping up the process soon. It has been several months since and I was never notified by the hiring manager either way. I was led down by the process, and would not recommend the company because of this poor interaction.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think this Instagram filter is the right one?   View Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Skullcandy in May 2012.

2 phone interviews than one on site, very easy and very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • No specify questions caught me off guard - its a pretty young team and they just ask very standard demand planning, mathematical, statistics, forecasting supply chain questions.   Answer Question

International Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skullcandy in June 2011.

Initial by phone then personal interviews with the executives from the company. The entire process was not so long and everything was very nice. I had to fly from my home country and they paid all expenses.

Interactive Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skullcandy in March 2011.

A friend of mine who already worked for the company asked me for my resume and submitted it to the hiring manager, which seems like the only way to get your foot in the door there. Afterwards I received an email setting up a 1:1 interview. In the interview I was asked about my experience in online marketing, the interviewer was very specific about the size of companies I had worked in and what the scope of my responsibilities were. About a week later I received another email for a group interview and met with 4 more members of the team and the original interviewer. They asked a lot of situational questions regarding what I would do in the job position and also how I acted in certain situations. They stressed that the environment there is fast paced and people are expected to work a lot, both there and at home.

Received an email about two weeks later saying I had not been selected.

Interview Questions
    • How much traffic did your previous employer's site receive a day and where did that traffic come from?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Skullcandy in May 2010.

recruited out of former employer. very specialized position, but interviewed with the right people. HR not really a part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • grilling you about your knowledge of mountain bikes, snowboarding and lifestyle brands. wanting to make sure you fit all pieces of the culture.   Answer Question
    i left some on the table for sure