Sky

3.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sky.

1st - Application form with Competence Questions
    2nd - Programming test asking you to build a scheduler for a set of Tv programs within the time frame they allocate to you.
    3rd - Telephone interview asking how to went about doing the programming for the assignment they assign to you and how you could improve what you have done to make it better.
    4th - An assessment day which again is another programming task working in pairs. In this task they ask you to program again. People can struggle due to the pressure you are put under but if you know programming inside out this shouldn't be a problem.

Agile Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sky in August 2014.

Got contacted by an in-house recruiter via email who saw my CV online and she sent me a small Java test to do. A week on and no feedback from the test I got invited to attend a face to face (final round), so I guess I did OK. The final round consisted of a pair test which was two guys sitting next to me, slightly confused as apparently collaboration isn't part of it, I always thought the point of pair programming is that you can bounce off ideas rather than going and just coding something. Second part was a very much untechnical interview with 3 people, I think the manager and 2 other devs. They asked mostly just about my last 2 roles and also asked me to draw an example of my work which with policies in place I don't feel like you can give too much away. I didn't pass the interview as I needed too much prompting with the sit down test and came across too un-technical with my explanation of my work although I wasn't asked about specifics about technologies used. I think coming to the office was an eye opener and speaking to developers there also made me put this role at the bottom of my list below other roles I'm interviewing for but each to their own.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sky in July 2014.

I applied online and was called to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for a Friday 9am. I prepared and waited for the call. No one called. I tried to get in touch with the recruiters on Newcastle six times that day. I was always put on hold and no one answered. I got a call in the evening and re scheduled for a phone interview on Tuesday. They called and I passed the phone interview which was very easy. The I was invited for an assessment on Thursday at 11:15am. I arrived at 10:45am and went to the gate and informed them that I was there for an assessment. They asked me for a name but I did not have one. I was told that there was nothing they could do for me. I went to the other gate same story. I contacted the people in Newcastle again and they told me that I needed to go to the gate past the construction site. I did so and no one again was able to help me. By then it was 11:30am and they gave me slot for 2:15pm. I waited outside until 2:00pm and was picked up by a Beatrice. The interview was scheduled to last 2.5 hours. The questions were straight forward, why Sky and so one. I was well prepared since I researched the interview process and knew someone who was an employee there and interviewed candidates. Then we had to do a phone call exercise and the recruiter told me that I sounded very confident and she was impressed with my answers. Then the second interviewer came in around 5:15pm and said now "let's do the wash up". I found that to be rude and unprofessional. At 5:30pm we were released and told that we would get no feedback. The next morning I called at around 10:00am in Newcastle and thanked the company for the interview and within minutes I received the rejection notice. The way I was treated by this company was unacceptable and it proves that companies do not care about people. I can live with rejection but from the start this was unprofessional at best. This is bad advertisement and I will not recommend this company to anyone. I cancelled my service with Sky the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sky? We were supposed to create a story board but the recruiter left the room and took the markers with her and i was not able to do it. Instead I just told her all the reasons why I wanted to work for Sky.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sky in January 2014.

Thorough and intense interview and screening process. First step was a 40 minute phone screening, followed by a group assessment on site which involved group discussion and a simulated 1 to 1 with an employee. At the third stage this involved a presentation to the management team and a fourth stage 1 to 1 interview. The whole process was well-managed and fairly seemless.

Interview Questions
    • The one to one with an upset staff member was the most difficult with tonnes of information and only 30 mins to prepare.   Answer Question

Was offered another role.

Football Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sky in January 2014.

Online application followed by telephone screening. Screening mainly asked why I applied and then just ran through what to expect in the interview. Interview wasn't too taxing. Mainly experience based questions and only one or two competency based ones. Nothing too hard to answer. Included a quiz and task at the end.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Sky Engineering Academy

I applied online, and received further instructions a week later. I had to do a programming task home and had a week to complete it. Not the hardest thing I've done by far, but because I tried to ace it, it took me an unexpected amount of time (several afternoons).

After this, I was appointed for a phone interview, really short, they just wanted to confirm my personal data and to make sure I understood the conditions of the position. I was then scheduled for an assessment day, in which I was required to work with other candidates over the day. We would have people looking at what we were doing for the whole duration, but they were friendly and even offered help at times.

The tasks we were asked to do collectively were really fun, with even robots involved! The atmosphere was really friendly the whole time, I can't stress this enough.

There was also a small 1:1 interview in which they asked the usual personal questions (what is your worst defect etc...).

At the end of the day, they guided us through their campus and installations and let us talk with current employees to ask anything we wanted without anyone overlooking what questions we were asking.

Overall I couldn't be more impressed.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions, some of the candidates were not computer scientists and had little experience as programmers, although they had impressive backgrounds from top universities. They were much more interested in our attitude than our skills.   Answer Question
    Salary was made clear since beginning, didn't negotiate.

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sky in October 2013.

First interview is a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.
    I've had several telephone interviews in the past and each one has been terrible due to the extremely poor telephone audio quality. The most recent was on speaker phone and was so poor that I couldn't answer the questions properly at all.

Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sky in August 2013.

Applied via website, contacted by phone to arrange Phone interview, all confirmation was by e-mail. After successful phone interview was contacted by email to attend assessment day. Was contacted a few days later by phone to offer me the position. Contract and offer letter was sent by email, also had to fill out an online form for check as well as a form which had to be done by mail. Whole process took about 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All I can say is that I did not experience an overly difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Home Service and Supply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Sky.

Online application form: basic details followed by some questions that test your knowledge of the role and of the company and its culture. Then one / two questions relating to your suitability for the role.

telephone interview: (as far as I progressed). Very causal tone to the interview, based on the interviewer's personality - chatty, fun, laid back. Must run through key points of your CV, then 5/6 competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you turned a bad situation around and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sky in February 2013.

Telephone interview, on-site interview