Sky

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview Details – Sky Engineering Academy

I applied online, and received further instructions a week later. I had to do a programming task home and had a week to complete it. Not the hardest thing I've done by far, but because I tried to ace it, it took me an unexpected amount of time (several afternoons).

After this, I was appointed for a phone interview, really short, they just wanted to confirm my personal data and to make sure I understood the conditions of the position. I was then scheduled for an assessment day, in which I was required to work with other candidates over the day. We would have people looking at what we were doing for the whole duration, but they were friendly and even offered help at times.

The tasks we were asked to do collectively were really fun, with even robots involved! The atmosphere was really friendly the whole time, I can't stress this enough.

There was also a small 1:1 interview in which they asked the usual personal questions (what is your worst defect etc...).

At the end of the day, they guided us through their campus and installations and let us talk with current employees to ask anything we wanted without anyone overlooking what questions we were asking.

Overall I couldn't be more impressed.

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions, some of the candidates were not computer scientists and had little experience as programmers, although they had impressive backgrounds from top universities. They were much more interested in our attitude than our skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was made clear since beginning, didn't negotiate.

Football Researcher Interview

Football Researcher
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sky in January 2014.

Interview Details – Online application followed by telephone screening. Screening mainly asked why I applied and then just ran through what to expect in the interview. Interview wasn't too taxing. Mainly experience based questions and only one or two competency based ones. Nothing too hard to answer. Included a quiz and task at the end.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sky in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview, met my boss, decision same day

Negotiation Details – Quick and painless

Python Developer Interview

Python Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sky in October 2013.

Interview Details – First interview is a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.
I've had several telephone interviews in the past and each one has been terrible due to the extremely poor telephone audio quality. The most recent was on speaker phone and was so poor that I couldn't answer the questions properly at all.

Interview Question – All of them were unintelligible.   Answer Question

Senior Consumer Editor Interview

Senior Consumer Editor
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sky in September 2009.

Interview Details – Internal interview, two stages, immediate line manager and site owner carried out interviews.

Interview Question – How would you work alongside your colleagues, who were unsuccessful in their application for this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward - salary and role were already established.

Service Analyst Interview

Service Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sky in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via website, contacted by phone to arrange Phone interview, all confirmation was by e-mail. After successful phone interview was contacted by email to attend assessment day. Was contacted a few days later by phone to offer me the position. Contract and offer letter was sent by email, also had to fill out an online form for check as well as a form which had to be done by mail. Whole process took about 4-5 weeks.

Interview Question – All I can say is that I did not experience an overly difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sky in January 2013.

Interview Details – - Good process, friendly people, not all Management asked the correct questions.

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sky in February 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, on-site interview

Home Service and Supply Interview

Home Service and Supply
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Sky.

Interview Details – Online application form: basic details followed by some questions that test your knowledge of the role and of the company and its culture. Then one / two questions relating to your suitability for the role.

telephone interview: (as far as I progressed). Very causal tone to the interview, based on the interviewer's personality - chatty, fun, laid back. Must run through key points of your CV, then 5/6 competency based questions.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you turned a bad situation around and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Marketing Executive
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sky in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process as BSkyB was pretty straightforward. It started with an initial online application, psychometric testing, phone interview and assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a group interview, personal interview, 1-1 interview and to finish the day a tour of the Sky campus.

Interview Question – The questions on the telephone interview ranged mainly about Sky's competitive landscape.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate, no relocation allowance was offered

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!

Sky Videos

Sky – Why Work for Us?

We Believe in Better. It’s not just a slogan. Put simply, Believe in Better is our DNA. It’s how we approach everything; from creating game-changing entertainment and making our products effortless to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sky interview questions and advice in London, England. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sky employees and interview candidates.