Sky

Very Difficult Interview

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sky in May 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting my CV, I was asked to fill out an online questionaire, which is used to determine whether the applicant has the right behaviours/experience. I was then contacted by the Recruitment Team from the UK to setup a telephone interview with me. The interview involved asking me general team leadership and management CBI (Competency Based Interview) questions. Upon passing that I was invited to a first stage face-to-face interview. During this I was grouped with 3 of my rivals for the job and we were observed by 4 interviewers while being given the task of leading a mock meeting. During this we had a specific subject and had to come up with a solution. The interviewers are looking to see how you interact with each other and how you lead the group. They then score you based off this. After everyone has a chance to lead at least once, you are then given a break. After this you go into another CBI interview with one of the previous interviewers. Finally, after passing these two tests, I was offered a second-stage interview. This was a simulated coaching experience where I was given an employee personnel profile and asked to coach them. The interviewer acted as the coachee. There were two mock coaching sessions about 20-30 minutes each. After this you are either offered the job or given feedback as to why you didn't progress.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect of the interview was the mock coaching session as it required you to deal with very difficult and intense situations.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate. My advice would be firm, but willing to accommodate. Sky is very popular and while they may be willing to improve the offer if you give them good reasons, they will not be amiss to offering to another individual if you come across as too hard.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sky in January 2010.

Interview Details – spoke to the company with regards a tm job. asked a lot of questions on bskyb and what the companys vision was. was unable to answer this questions

Interview Question – what could you bring to the compay   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sky

Worked for Sky? Contribute to the Community!

Sky Videos

Sky – Why Work for Us?

We Believe in Better. It’s not just a slogan. Put simply, Believe in Better is our DNA. It’s how we approach everything; from creating game-changing entertainment and making our products effortless to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sky Team Leader interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sky employees and interview candidates.