Sky

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

3.2

Customer Advisor - Sheffield Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sky.

Applied online, did a telephone interview the day after, passed that, I was then asked to attend an "assessment day" the day after. (I was assured that lack of time to prepare would not be a problem)?!
    The Assessment day was myself and another candidate that I saw for about 5 minutes. There were 6/7 different employees involved in the process?!
    I had to do a presentation on Why Sky. Why Me.
    I then had a competency based interview with 2 people (This was being timed on the interviewers phone).
    It was run by absolute monkeys. Not one person introduced themselves to me. I was led from one room to another and heard 2 recruiters talking about me.

The interview was so intense, anyone would think I was being interviewed for position as CEO.

I would avoid at all costs.

I thought maybe it was just me but I exchanged contacts with the other candidate and they had the exact same experience and exact same outcome!

Interview Questions
    • We had to do a mock call which I thought went well, I was taken back to a room and asked to go through it. I was asked why I hadn't offered a HD package. I replied that when asked they had said they didn't have a HD tv. The lady that did the mock call denied this?! That threw me because I was confident in what I had said and because she messed up I had nowhere to go with it.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sky in February 2015.

Applied online Friday. Had a missed call/email the next day to arrange phone interview.
    Phone interview Monday, basic questions, Why did you apply? What can you bring to the job? Any experience etc Passed this. Invited to assessment centre on the Wednesday morning. I was very nervous for this at first, but once it got started these nerves disappeared. There was only 2 of us on the day. Greeted by a lovely lady who talked us through the process of the day and the actual job role. We were then separated into two rooms and given 15 minutes to prepare a 'Why Sky?' presentation. This was literally 4 questions, Why Sky, Why me, Why this role and What motivates you at work.
    Once the 15 minutes was over a lovely lady came in and started the interview, she asked me basic work experience questions. Then I was given 5 minutes to give my presentation, she then took the notes from me as evidence I'd completed this task.
    In total the actual 1-1 interview process lasted about 30 minutes, with 4 people coming and going asking different interview questions, these were in 4 different 'sections', 'Work & education history' 'Give an example of when you've changed someones mind', 'Give an example of when you've had to work as a team' and 'Give an example of when you've had to show empathy with someone'
    After this I was taken back along to where the other candidate was a talked through the next stage which was the role play call. As there was only 2 of us this was done in our little rooms again with the assessor in the room rather than on a phone. The brief was to help the customer with their enquiry, as it was a sales role this was the customer wanting to upgrade to HD, and upsell if possible.
    We were given sheets of paper with all product information and various package prices so these were useful when on the call.

The whole process I found was very relaxed and all the ladies involved were very pleasant and friendly. I enjoyed the day and left feeling very confident.

I received an email the next day telling me I'd passed the assessment centre and would get a call as to what happens next after pre screening checks were carried out. I received this call the following Monday and was offered the position to start a week later.
    Overall from Applying to starting the job (tomorrow!), the process took 2 weeks.

The only down fall I'd say was the notice period, by the time I received the job offer the start date was only a week later, luckily I'm self-employed working for someone, so was able to only give a weeks notice to my boss, but for someone who needed 2-3 weeks notice for a current job this may be an issue.

Interview Questions
    • 'Give an example of when you've had to empathise with someone, how did you do this and what would you change?'   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sky.

I had a telephone interview which went well so i was invited for a face to face. 3 people were at the other end for the telephone interview. It was both general and technical.
    Went for face to face. The atmosphere seemed very relaxed, casual dressing etc. was interviewed by panel of 3 people.

Junior Software Developer (Munich) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sky.

I applied online through their website, they replied two weeks after to arrange an initial phone interview. Once done the phone interview I have received the answer after 1week. The interviewer wasn't so kind to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your university thesis ?   View Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sky in January 2015.

1st stage a computer multiple choice questionnaire eg what is a firewall
    2nd stage taken into a room on your own to do a presentation. Why sky, why you, qualities you have
    3rd stage interview with 4 different people
    4th stage role play in the call centre

Strategy Graduate Scheme 2015 Interview

Filled in online application. Approximately 5 questions such as "Why do you want to join Sky?", "Why do you want to join the Strategy team?", "Identify one threat and one opportunity for Sky in the current market?". Fairly straight forward, I spent approximately 2 weeks on the Application to perfect it. After a week, I progressed to the next stage and was sent the Online Numerical Test which I completed. I believe out of 18 question I got 15 correct (Make sure you practise). However, after 2 Months and 3 Weeks I received an email saying "We’ve received a high volume of interest for our roles this year and the quality of applications has been exceptionally high. We’re sorry to tell you that you’ve not been selected to go through to the next stage".

Never had such a poor experience.

Marketing Placement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

Online Application: Why I wanted to work there? Why Marketing? Industry Question? Competency Based Questions?

Telephone Interview: Similar questions as online application but more competency question. Teamwork? Time Management? Challenges? Communication? Learning and Improving?

Assessment Centre:
    1. Interview: very similar to telephone interview

2. Group Exercise: Different case studies and had to agree on a decision.

3. Case study: Read and summarize it and present it

Interview Questions
    • Prepare detailed examples before hand for all competency questions.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uddingston, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Uddingston, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

Applied online, completed online assessment questions. Got a call the next day to arrange a telephone interview. Had the telephone interview a few days later. Pretty straight forward, nothing difficult. Was then invited to the assessment centre in Uddingston. Was given 15 mins to do a ppresentation on why sky, why me etc. Then had separate interview /speed tests with 4 members of staff. Then a role play. They give you a sheet with price bundles and tv packages then call you and pretend to be a difficult customer. It's sales retention, they didn't seem to care much about customer service, it was all about sales and how you can push the customer into buying more channels or upgrading their package. Got a frosty reception from a few of the staff who interviewed me. The assessment centre took three hours. Got an email the next morning telling me I was unsuccessful. I wouldn't waste my time applying for this if I were you. It's basically a call centre job, the pay is rubbish, the shifts are very anti social, and they practically make you beg for a job with the lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. A lot of the questions are very repetitive from online through to the assessment centre.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

I filled out the online application - this included questions such as:
    Why Sky?
    Why the role?
    What are the threats to Sky?
    Give an example of time management & give an example of when you persuaded someone.

I then received a telephone interview that was mostly competency questions and again why sky and why the specific programme.

I got through to the assessment centre day which involved an individual interview, a group assignment which was watched and marked and an individual assignment. There was also a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky or unexpected questions. I know a couple of candidates were asked what their favourite Sky product / show / channel was so be prepared to answer these questions.   View Answer

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sky in December 2014.

Online application followed by telephone interview.
    Didn't make it to AC.

The initial application requires a lot of research into the industry and how Sky compete - particularly for the marketing scheme. When it came to the telephone interview the questions were competency and company based, however from one example, you might get asked three questions about this situation, rather than having one example you can apply to one competency.

Interview Questions
    • Application:
      What attracted you to working for Sky and why does this appeal to you?
      At Sky we offer a range of programmes and opportunities for graduates. What aspects of the Marketing programme appealed to you and why did you choose to apply for this specific programme?
      Competition to own the in home TV viewing experience has never been fiercer. Over the past 24 months a number of key events have occurred. These include competitors launching new on-demand equipment, the growth of online streaming services, multimedia capabilities on games consoles and an increase in the number of homes owning tablets and SMART TVs. What do you think are the key threats to Sky from market developments such as these? How should Sky respond to this increased competition?
      There’s no denying that life at Sky is full-on. The fast paced environment is exciting yet challenging and you’ll find that standards are high. We’ll expect and empower you to manage your priorities inside and outside of work.
      Please give an example of a time when you had multiple deadlines. Please highlight what you did to meet your targets.

Telephone:
      What is your favourite Sky Marketing campaign and why?
      Describe a time a disagreement occurred in a group and what did you do?
      What qualities do you need to succeed in this role?
      Why the Sky brand? What attracts you?

Answer Question