SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

First you fill out an application online. Then look for the schedule on their website that tells you when there is a group interview. As long as you have already filled out the application online, you can go to the group interview. You take a copy of your resume with you. There was about 120 people that showed up in SLC on August 11, 2015 and they were split into two rooms. First they give you an overview of the company then they have people stand up in front of the group and tell why you would make a great flight attendant. I was amazed at how unprepared almost everyone was. They had something to say but not in a polished professional manner. After everyone has made their statement the interview panel takes a break for about an hour to decide who they want to have stay for a one on one interview. Then they post a list of names on the door as to who is invited to stay for a one on one interview. Unfortunately I had prepared a polished statement, using the advice given online about making sure you mention how important safety is to the job. I'm not sure what the interviewers were looking for, but it was nothing polished at all. The main thing I saw as consistency of who they asked to stay for a one on one interview was if the person had been a flight attendant in the past. Other than that, not sure what these guys were looking for. I was not impressed with the procedure at all. Needless to say I did not get a one on one, I was too polished and prepared for them.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a great flight attendant for SkyWest airlines.?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Open call. Very friendly environment.You must introduce yourself , and state your qualifications. Wait to be chosen for one on one interview. Very friendly staff. Basic interview questions.The process moves rather quickly. Meeting the staff makes you want to work for the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Considering I didn't get a F2F my experience is limited, but there were at least 200 people that showed up to the group interview that was held recently at the Crowne Plaza Hotel LAX location (August 18th, 2015). Of the 200+ people there, only 20 or so names were listed to have the F2F (Face to Face) interviews and who knows how many of them were actually hired. Needless to say it was still a worthy experience since you get to go through the interview process; once you get through it once you know what to expect the next go around. We were split into 2-3 different rooms and my room had at least 90 people in it! We each went up to explain why we would make a great flight attendant for SkyWest in 60 seconds or less. There were so many great candidates (people with many years of customer service and aviation experience) and everyone was friendly so I'm curious to know what goes into their F2F selection. I probably won't bother interviewing at the Los Angeles location again because they have so many people who show up making it even more difficult for them to make a sound decision, let alone for anyone to truly stand out. But for those who did, the best of luck to you and I hope you get the offer soon :)

Interview Questions

• 60 Seconds to explain why you would make a great flight attendant for SkyWest   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. I've been to 3 other airline interviews and this one was the best (in my opinion.) It started at 6pm and I didn't leave til after midnight. So please be prepared to stay long, especially if you get picked for the F2F interview. So the interview took place in a hotel conference room. It was about 80-100 of us. You check in with your resume and they will ask you if you filled out an application online. So remember to do so. The recruiting team starts off by giving a introduction about the company, which includes pay, scheduling, reserve status, holding a line, some benefits, etc. The recruiters that were presenting during this time were so nice and humorous, just like talking to a couple of friends. After the presentation, the recruiter said if this job wasn't living up to your expectations, then this was the time to go ahead and leave. She then gave us a short break and told us after the break is over, we will have to give a 60 second or less speech on why you would make a great flight attendant for Skywest. Ok so pause: here's some tips: First off, The recruiters specifically ask that you NOT talk about your family, personal matters or anything of that nature. They ask that you state your name and then immediately go into why you would make a great flight attendant. There were people up there talking about their life journeys and hardships and family matters and all kinds of irrelevant things. I would strongly suggest you not do that. STRONGLY. Just go over your work history and some good traits that you hold, that would be beneficial to your overall speech. If you're not comfortable speaking in front of a large group, then it can be nerve-wrecking. But just go slow and have some general idea already in your head of what you want to say. You'll be fine :) Secondly, do not dress like you were going to the club. I can't stress that enough. Your attire should not be super tight and glittery. A face full of colorful makeup is a no too. Wear either black, navy, or even tan. Or if there's a nice color you look good in, then wear that. But it'll be nice to have a skirt and blazer or a dress and blazer or pants and a blazer. If you wear a skirt or dress please wear stockings. No club heels and its best if they are black or navy blue. They should not be super high. Wear a nice blouse or button down under your blazer. Pearls for jewelry are always classy, but not necessary. Wear lipstick! Something that looks good on you. (No bright pinks lol) . It would also benefit you if you have your hair up in a bun or pulled back. You'll have to have our hair like that while working so it's best to do it at the interview. Third, Smile and speak loud and clear. After everyone did their speeches, we had like an hour break so the recruiters could deliberate. They said they would post name of who would receive a f2f interview on the door. Once it was posted, if you saw your name they ask you to fill out paper work and sit you in a room to be called for the f2f. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I got my f2f, the recruiter was so nice and laid back. He made it super easy to speak to him. After the interview was over, which consisted of super easy questions... He told me I will get notified if I got it or not in 10-14 days. Well I received my CJO 8 days later and that's including weekends. I was so happy and relieved. Sorry if I have typos. Good luck to everyone! Just be yourself and be genuine! I'm rooting for all of you. Peace and Blessings.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

Group interview. Be prepared to give a 1 min speech about yourself! I would suggest practicing before you arrive. A lot of people get super nervous and end up saying some weird stuff. They post a list of names on the door of who they liked.. Then they move on to one on one interviews. You don't hear if you got the job till 10-14 days later

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They started the sign up process about an hour before start time of 6pm. Once started there were four staff members they took turns talking about the company. At the end they let you ask questions ( some asked questions that where already explained, don't do that!) We were told the question that they wanted and when we came back from break each person was called up. They then let you go for break and would post list. That took over an hour, out of 60 they only picked 13.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview starts with flight attendants giving a presentation with information about Skywest and the FA position. Short break after presentation and then you have to present a 60 sec answer about what would make you a great FA. After all applicants present, there is another break. List is posted after break who is moving to next round. Whoever makes the list gets a face to face interview. They said you would hear back in 2 weeks if you got the job or not. It has been 2 weeks since I interviewed and no response. Not sure what is taking so long. Has anyone that was interviewed in Seattle on June, 10th 2015 heard back??

Interview Questions

• If a passenger has a cat out in the cabin, what would you say to convince them to put the cat away.   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

Interview

Some ppl posted that their process is very unprofessional, the process is exactly. As every one described. I found the atmosphere very relaxed. When ppl presented their 1min spill of why they'd make a great flight attendant some broke the ice with antidotes and made ppl smile and laugh and I think that helps the person that is talking. I also noticed and it's JUST a theory but everyone I noticed that mentioned the word SAFETY got listed. I noticed it before presentations were over and I was curious to see if all of them would be selected and they were! I can recall at least 3 , m,f,f that were selected. THIS IS HOW THEY CHOOSE, mention something about safety on the job and how important it is and BAM, I believe u get thru to the 2ND ROUND. it will also explain why ppl I household make the list, didn't make the list even though they spoke eloquently and and with confidence. One of the black guys mentioned at the very end, "o and safety I'd really important to me" no segue or anything, too many people were saying this when which I found odd bc the last thing you'd do is not be original in ur presentation. And these ppl were going in. So when I read the reviews online I agree u don't know the rhyme or reason to their method but this is my theory on their selection process, why it takes 45min, risk but u should try adding something about how safe u are on the job anyway and tell one other person too see what happens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Palm Springs, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were around 80 hopefuls that attended. Very diverse group...difficult to tell what the recruiters were looking for but out of 80...maybe 10 were selected for a f2f. Thankfully I was one of them. Interview process was very laid back and the SkyWest recruiters were very nice and accommodating. Now the wait begins...two weeks to hear if you made it into training. Today is day 8 and no word. Keeping my fingers crossed. Any interviewees from the Palm Springs recruitment..good luck !

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with your previous co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simple. We met as a large group and were told about the company. After a short break we were asked to get up and tell why we would be a great flight attendant. Those who were picked got a f2f. Only about 8% got the final interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a drunk passenger?   2 Answers