SkyWest Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SkyWest in October 2014.

My experience: First applied online then got an email that invited me to the recruitment event. It was at a hotel and started promptly at 6pm but I had to be there earlier in order to check in and be measured. I sat in a conference room and the presenter read off what the job does and everything else that is basically on their website. After that, the group was allowed fifteen minutes break if you didn't it wasn't right for you. When the group returned and then everyone was given 60 secs to go in front of the room and say why you would be a great flight attendant. After everyone was done, there was another break for 45 minutes where the recruiters decided who they wanted to do one on one. Everyone, including myself, that were chosen for the 1 on 1 were great speakers and DRESSED LIKE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS. The recruiter came and brought me to another room for the 1 on 1.

Questions:
What brought you to becoming a flight attendant for Skywest?
What did they say in the presentation that you didn't know about Skywest or the position of a flight attendant?
In the work place, what annoys you about people?
If you caught a coworker stealing what would you do?
There's a mother with a crying baby, a nervous first time flyer, and a prima donna making alot of demands; what would you do?

Interview Questions
  • DON'T say that you love to travel or that you love working with people, it's too generic! Also, practice your 60 sec introduction so you're not stumbling over your words or rambling on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SkyWest

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SkyWest.

I submitted my resume online and attended one of their recruiting events. There were not a lot of people at our event. You check in and they immediately do a height test. If you pass that, you go in and listen to a lovely lady talk about the company and expectations for the job. They take a quick break to set up and ask you to think about why you want to be a flight attendant. When you return, they call on every one to go up, introduce themselves and tell why they want to be a flight attendant - or would make a good flight attendant. From there they break again and in about 30 minutes had a list of who would go on to the final questions. I made it to the final round of questions. They tell you to expect an email from them in about two weeks. It was a little longer than two weeks, but I was offered an invite to flight attendant training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SkyWest in September 2014.

Got and email invitation for the job interview (open house) in Chicago. So I paid my own flight tickets from my home town and flew all the way there to take a chance because I really love this job and I was pretty confident I would pass the group interview. I think I was well prepared as well as some others who even are more professional and experienced than me. All who I mention, however, did not even pass to the next process(one on one interview). Some of the "chosen ones" are really not professional looking. Hair not brushed, all over the place. T-shirt and jeans. Looking veeery young and SLEEPY and wasn't very attentive to the group interview at at all. Some of the people who passed to 1on1 are not experienced. Dressed up like they are going to a night club or something. And those who failed were dressed nicely and formally and I was so confident for them that they would make it to the final but then...???? I don't know what on earth that interview was about. Could be a set up. Probably they already picked who they wanted to work with, like, you know, a friend's sister's daughter of someone who works there. etc. Hate to put it that way but it was just a joke. Totally disappointment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at SkyWest in July 2014.

Attended an open call interview in Minneapolis after applying online. Started at 6pm but you had to register an hour before where you dropped off your resume, measured your height and gave you a sticker to write your name. This took literally less than a minute so I had an hour to kill so I moved my car from the hotel ramp to the mall so I wouldn't have to pay for parking. (They do give give you parking passes later). There was about 50 or so of us and then we listened to a current flight attendant speak about the company and the job. Then we had a short break to and after we were each called up to the front of the room to answer why we would make a good flight attendant. Some people left during the break as they decided it wasn't for them.

Interview Questions
    • Answering why you would make a good flight attendant I found to be difficult. Not so much as to finding a answer , but coming up with something original as after 30 applicants spoke. I also found it a bit nervous and it kept growing the more applicants spoke. About 5 Skywest employees sat it the back and took notes. When we were done we broke for about 45 minutes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SkyWest in July 2014.

Open group interview with apporx 75 candidates to start. No invitation needed. You will need to complete the online career form before you attend and bring your resume. At the first break, approx 15 candidates left. The remaining candidates listened to another presentation. Another break, and a list was generated for one on one interviews, the rest were sent home.

Interview Questions
    • What truly bothers you most with people?   View Answer
    no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SkyWest in June 2014.

Applied onine, went to an open house interview, out of 100 applicants you have to introduce yourself and prove them why you want to become a flight attendant, after that they gave us two hours break, the posted 34 names they would like to interview one on one, you wait in the room filling out papers then one is to one began. After that it took 8 days for the result and i got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SkyWest in June 2014.

First - apply online
    Second - Invite to group interview at hotel via email
    Third - Group Interview - all day if you make it to the final selection ( 8 am - 6 pm)

The group interview consisted of about 60 hopefuls. Bring your resume. You get measured right away.
    Sit and listen to a flight attendant talk about the job for about 1 hour.
    10 minute break - people can leave if they are no longer interested. I don't think anyone left our interview.
    You give a one-two minute talk about yourself - emphasizing why you would make a good flight attendant - (don't say you love people and love travel - boring!). Make yourself stand out from the crowd by talking about interesting things - past excellent customer service experiences, volunteer work, interesting previous jobs, etc. Be confident, polite, well- groomed, polished. You are called randomly. Since you kinow this is part of the interview process, I would definitely practice this at home in front of a mirror. You CAN wear a suit. No tattoos allowed! No wild hair colors or piercings allowed.
    1 1/2 hour lunch break
    Names of those continuing on to a Face to face interview are posted on a door. About 1/3 of the people were asked to continue.
    Face to face interview - About 4 women doing this - about 30 minutes, went over resume, asked a few customer service questions - "How would you handle.....?"

I was offered a position about 9 days later by phone call. I worked for this company as a FA for 3 years another time and am a rehire now.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see a co-worker breaking airline rules (FARs)?   View Answer
    None

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at SkyWest.

Its like a casting call. Many people show up to interview. Just be yourself and be able to speak about yourself and show your strenghths in a short amount of time. You are asked to speak about yourself in front of the entire pool of applicants. After passing that portion you enter a one on one question and scenario portion. You find out if you are hired a week later by email and are invited to trainning.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a drunk passeneger? in a scenario based question   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

You need to be sure to check your application for the status to see if you have been invited to info session because I didn't get an invitation email.

They presented all the company information and let us break for a couple minutes to allow uninterested people opportunity to leave.

60 seconds or so to "tell us what you think would make a great flight attendant or why you think you would be a great flight attendant"....

1:1 selected if your name was posted on the door.

told that we would be notified in 7-10 business days

Interview Questions
    • All Scenario type questions. STAR based. I was asked about the difficult co worker and/or the co worker who didn't like me.   View Answers (2)
    n/a. You start at 17.50 with a raise in 6 months and then another after a yr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online – interviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

I attended a group interview, when I had went I actually expected to see a lot of people like around 200+ which is what I had read but there was no more then 70 people who attended they had everyone before being seated get measured at the door, you can't be taller then 5'8 after that they went over all the information that was basically on their website, after they explained if this type of career wasn't for you and you know then you can feel free to leave, and then after coming back from break they told us they had a good feeling about the group and would like to invite everyone who stayed for an individual one on one interview I was happy and nervous

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were given criticism and what you did with that criticism?   View Answers (2)
    I don't think you negotiate they just have certain requirements and if you meet those requirements then you receive an offer