SkyWest

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SkyWest in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied onine, went to an open house interview, out of 100 applicants you have to introduce yourself and prove them why you want to become a flight attendant, after that they gave us two hours break, the posted 34 names they would like to interview one on one, you wait in the room filling out papers then one is to one began. After that it took 8 days for the result and i got the job.

Interview Question – Tell me the last criticism you received   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

Interview Details – You need to be sure to check your application for the status to see if you have been invited to info session because I didn't get an invitation email.

They presented all the company information and let us break for a couple minutes to allow uninterested people opportunity to leave.

60 seconds or so to "tell us what you think would make a great flight attendant or why you think you would be a great flight attendant"....

1:1 selected if your name was posted on the door.

told that we would be notified in 7-10 business days

Interview Question – All Scenario type questions. STAR based. I was asked about the difficult co worker and/or the co worker who didn't like me.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – n/a. You start at 17.50 with a raise in 6 months and then another after a yr.

Flight Attendant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest.

Interview Details – Its like a casting call. Many people show up to interview. Just be yourself and be able to speak about yourself and show your strenghths in a short amount of time. You are asked to speak about yourself in front of the entire pool of applicants. After passing that portion you enter a one on one question and scenario portion. You find out if you are hired a week later by email and are invited to trainning.

Interview Question – How would you handle a drunk passeneger? in a scenario based question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview, when I had went I actually expected to see a lot of people like around 200+ which is what I had read but there was no more then 70 people who attended they had everyone before being seated get measured at the door, you can't be taller then 5'8 after that they went over all the information that was basically on their website, after they explained if this type of career wasn't for you and you know then you can feel free to leave, and then after coming back from break they told us they had a good feeling about the group and would like to invite everyone who stayed for an individual one on one interview I was happy and nervous

Interview Question – Explain a time when you were given criticism and what you did with that criticism?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I don't think you negotiate they just have certain requirements and if you meet those requirements then you receive an offer

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest.

Interview Details – It was a very long time ago for me, and I'm sure things have changed. But in case they haven't this is what you can expect. I went to a group interview type event, and right away they had us all line up to get measured. I think you have to be at least 5'1 and no taller than 5'8. Once everyone was measured we went into a room and they told us about the company and what would be expected of us as a Flight Attendant. We took about a 30 minute break and gave people a chance to leave if this wasn't a job for them. Then we came back to the room and all got up in front and introduced ourselves, why we wanted to be a flight attendant and so on. When everyone was done, they gave us another break so they could pick out the ones they liked to stay around for the group interviews. They posted a list of people who were invited for the group interview. They put us in groups of about five and asked situational questions, which is mostly a way for them to see how you interact with others.
We had another break after that and then they posted a list of the people they wanted for one on one interviews. That's when you would give them a copy of your resume. Of the 45 people who showed up that day, only six of us were selected for the one on one. Once that was over, I received an email about a week later congratulating me on being selected for the Flight Attendant position.

Interview Question – I really don't remember the questions I was asked. I can say just be friendly and keep in mind that the interviewers are looking at you and thinking, would I want to be on a plane with this person for four hours without a break?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiating in the airline industry. It's more of a take it or leave it kind of deal. And with 10,000 people applying every time a company has an opening, they aren't at a loss for others who will take the job.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at SkyWest in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a family member who was already employed with Skywest. The hiring when it was made public was first filling out an online application. Then followed up with a phone interview. You go to the interview location yourself. You then are told about the company in a group setting. You are asked to give a less than one minute presentation of who you are and what you can bring to the company. A list is posted of the ones who continue the interview process one on one.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest.

Interview Details – Completed online application, received an email inviting me to an open session, attended and was given one on one. Called within the week with an offer.

Interview Question – Why do I want to be a flight attendant with Skywest   Answer Question

Interviewed at SkyWest

Interview Details – I will update after Jan 31 when the interview process is done.

Interview Question – What annoys you the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I will update Feb 1st

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest in January 2013.

Interview Details – THE worst F/A Recruiting Process, Ever. It was definitely a cattle call and if you were an indigent and wanted to attend the event to loiter, you were more than welcome to. It is nice that their OPEN HOUSE was available to anyone but they need to put serious candidates in a separate room instead of putting us through the agony of listening to 200 people speak, at 60-second intervals (which took five hours) spiel about why they want to work for the company. Really?! It was nice that they gave everyone an equal opportunity to speak and have a chance at the glamorous and dream job of flying for a "regional" airline. There were no media available, and the woman just passed out cards and told you to scan with your smartphone. Yeah, who doesn't have one these days? It started at 8:30 am and did not finish until 11:30pm. Absolutely disorganized and chaotic. Also, do not wear a suit. It is too professional for their taste. Who they chose made absolutely NO rhyme or reason. Please, I would like to know.

Interview Question – The group question was "Why do you want to be a SkyWest Flight Attendant?". One-on-one (about 15-20 min in duration) were situational customer-service related questions such as, "What would you do if/when...".   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest in June 2012.

Interview Details – they were highing for flight attendant .. felt it was a cattle call and was rushed to get things done and not giving time for the person to get a chance to talk. a 3min talk about self and why you feel ou work be good to hire.. then they went to luch and put 8 names on a list for 3 groups out of a room of about 35 to 40 in each group for 2nd interview.

Interview Question – did not even make it to one on one interview very disappointed on the was it was handled   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at SkyWest

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkyWest Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by SkyWest employees and interview candidates.