SkyWest Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at SkyWest.

I submitted my resume online and attended one of their recruiting events. There were not a lot of people at our event. You check in and they immediately do a height test. If you pass that, you go in and listen to a lovely lady talk about the company and expectations for the job. They take a quick break to set up and ask you to think about why you want to be a flight attendant. When you return, they call on every one to go up, introduce themselves and tell why they want to be a flight attendant - or would make a good flight attendant. From there they break again and in about 30 minutes had a list of who would go on to the final questions. I made it to the final round of questions. They tell you to expect an email from them in about two weeks. It was a little longer than two weeks, but I was offered an invite to flight attendant training.

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SkyWest.

I recommend staying away. DO NOT interview you will be set up for failure. Skywest does group interviews and then they move on on to one one interview sessions. They will hire you on the spot however as long as you show up in business casual.

Nothing is negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at SkyWest in July 2014.

Attended an open call interview in Minneapolis after applying online. Started at 6pm but you had to register an hour before where you dropped off your resume, measured your height and gave you a sticker to write your name. This took literally less than a minute so I had an hour to kill so I moved my car from the hotel ramp to the mall so I wouldn't have to pay for parking. (They do give give you parking passes later). There was about 50 or so of us and then we listened to a current flight attendant speak about the company and the job. Then we had a short break to and after we were each called up to the front of the room to answer why we would make a good flight attendant. Some people left during the break as they decided it wasn't for them.

Interview Questions
    • Answering why you would make a good flight attendant I found to be difficult. Not so much as to finding a answer , but coming up with something original as after 30 applicants spoke. I also found it a bit nervous and it kept growing the more applicants spoke. About 5 Skywest employees sat it the back and took notes. When we were done we broke for about 45 minutes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SkyWest in July 2014.

Open group interview with apporx 75 candidates to start. No invitation needed. You will need to complete the online career form before you attend and bring your resume. At the first break, approx 15 candidates left. The remaining candidates listened to another presentation. Another break, and a list was generated for one on one interviews, the rest were sent home.

Interview Questions
    • What truly bothers you most with people?   View Answer
    no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Cross-Utilized Agent Interview

Very basic interviews questions, I was interviewed by the station manager, his questions being brief. What was your strongest example of good customer service? Can you work odd hours? The majority of the questions where more like negotiation and talk of security clearance and airport destinations. The real screening comes after Basic Station Training

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to shovel snow in 20 degree weather for hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SkyWest in June 2014.

Applied onine, went to an open house interview, out of 100 applicants you have to introduce yourself and prove them why you want to become a flight attendant, after that they gave us two hours break, the posted 34 names they would like to interview one on one, you wait in the room filling out papers then one is to one began. After that it took 8 days for the result and i got the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest.

Its like a casting call. Many people show up to interview. Just be yourself and be able to speak about yourself and show your strenghths in a short amount of time. You are asked to speak about yourself in front of the entire pool of applicants. After passing that portion you enter a one on one question and scenario portion. You find out if you are hired a week later by email and are invited to trainning.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a drunk passeneger? in a scenario based question   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

You need to be sure to check your application for the status to see if you have been invited to info session because I didn't get an invitation email.

They presented all the company information and let us break for a couple minutes to allow uninterested people opportunity to leave.

60 seconds or so to "tell us what you think would make a great flight attendant or why you think you would be a great flight attendant"....

1:1 selected if your name was posted on the door.

told that we would be notified in 7-10 business days

Interview Questions
    • All Scenario type questions. STAR based. I was asked about the difficult co worker and/or the co worker who didn't like me.   View Answers (2)
    n/a. You start at 17.50 with a raise in 6 months and then another after a yr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online - interviewed at SkyWest in April 2014.

I attended a group interview, when I had went I actually expected to see a lot of people like around 200+ which is what I had read but there was no more then 70 people who attended they had everyone before being seated get measured at the door, you can't be taller then 5'8 after that they went over all the information that was basically on their website, after they explained if this type of career wasn't for you and you know then you can feel free to leave, and then after coming back from break they told us they had a good feeling about the group and would like to invite everyone who stayed for an individual one on one interview I was happy and nervous

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were given criticism and what you did with that criticism?   View Answers (2)
    I don't think you negotiate they just have certain requirements and if you meet those requirements then you receive an offer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at SkyWest.

It was a very long time ago for me, and I'm sure things have changed. But in case they haven't this is what you can expect. I went to a group interview type event, and right away they had us all line up to get measured. I think you have to be at least 5'1 and no taller than 5'8. Once everyone was measured we went into a room and they told us about the company and what would be expected of us as a Flight Attendant. We took about a 30 minute break and gave people a chance to leave if this wasn't a job for them. Then we came back to the room and all got up in front and introduced ourselves, why we wanted to be a flight attendant and so on. When everyone was done, they gave us another break so they could pick out the ones they liked to stay around for the group interviews. They posted a list of people who were invited for the group interview. They put us in groups of about five and asked situational questions, which is mostly a way for them to see how you interact with others.
    We had another break after that and then they posted a list of the people they wanted for one on one interviews. That's when you would give them a copy of your resume. Of the 45 people who showed up that day, only six of us were selected for the one on one. Once that was over, I received an email about a week later congratulating me on being selected for the Flight Attendant position.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember the questions I was asked. I can say just be friendly and keep in mind that the interviewers are looking at you and thinking, would I want to be on a plane with this person for four hours without a break?   Answer Question
    There's no negotiating in the airline industry. It's more of a take it or leave it kind of deal. And with 10,000 people applying every time a company has an opening, they aren't at a loss for others who will take the job.

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!