Skyline Marketing

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Denver, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Skyline Marketing in January 2011.

Interview Details – I wish i never would of gone to this interview. They are right first come to a lobby and there is music playing and they will tell you it is for the invirement and to keep the staff motivated. First you will get a brief phone interview and be asked to come in for a face to face. Then after the face to face they will call you back if they feel you can cut it. then you will do a ride along with one person who is a "Leader" what a joke that is. What the job is going business to business selling Quill/ or Direct TV but a door to door sailman i would of never wanted to do that in my like. Ask yourself if you want to walk business to businessadn then if you dont make a sale they talk to you as if you have no clue when i really did. All i can say is think it threw before you go to the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation pahse after the ride along the leader asks if you think you can walk around all day asking to busineess to find the dominant buyer aka weazel your way in.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Skyline Marketing in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process was bizarre. First you go to a fairly unoccupied building that has seen better days. You go to their office which is P5, (penthouse) sounds glamorous but it is not. You are escorted to a waiting area with loud music and asked to answer in writing questions like, "If there was a movie made of you who would you want to play the lead role." My interview was supposed to be with the owner but she had a "conference call". I spent time with HR and she could not answer the basic questions such as salary and asked if I was available to return for a 9 hour interview the following Monday where I would be in the field. From what I gathered this company creates canvass Teams of cold callers to resell for companies such as Comcast and Quill, I think. Which is the point.....as a 20+ year businessperson I still don't understand what these folks do??????

Interview Question – "If there was a movie made of you who would you want to play the lead role."   View Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Skyline Marketing.

Interview Details – This company is a subsidiary of a much larger one that has many others just like it under its wing such as Thinking Forward Events or Pantheon in London. They are field sales positions with NO BASE PAY and is solely COMMISSION BASED.

This was a 2 day process and upon arrival in the lobby where there was loud music playing I was asked to sign in by filling out a questionnaire which asked pretty much the same things which are on the CV and cover letter you apply with. I had to wait almost an hour for my interview which were asked very quickly and sharply by the business owner. The interview was slightly bizarre and uncomfortable as it was me and a competing candidate which it seemed like I had to out pitch in order to be invited to the next stage.

I got through to the next stage which was the following day whereas my 'opponent' didn't. Upon arrival I had to wait over an hour before being greeted to begin the observation day which involved following an 'account manager' to see what they did throughout the day.
This was in actual fact sitting inside a shopping arcade out of sight from the sales post throughout the whole day writing down answers to question after question whilst waiting for the salesman to come back and check it before giving the next question which was extremely tedious. The first stage were knowledge based questions. After you pass the first stage they then reveal more details about what you are getting yourself into followed by more questions to answer which are more competence based and then a final interview back at the office.

Throughout the day I saw others who came for the same observation day leave early and I understood why as the idea of only getting paid for successfully getting passers by to sign up to contracts and cards monday to saturday is not particularly ideal. I left the day observation during the second stage as the details of the job were not for me, and I witnessed the person I was shadowing conduct personal side business and also take a long time to come back which was a poor reflection of him and the company.

Interview Question – They will ask in the first interview day if you have any holidays booked in the near future, answering yes will instantly end your chances for the next stage.
You have to write down the answers to all the questions asked on the second day and it is very much like a class test.
  Answer Question

Worked for Skyline Marketing? Contribute to the Community!