Skyworks Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Newbury Park, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews were pretty straightforward. They are looking for people friendly and tough people.People are very friendly in general and there is a good work life balance. coming to the interview, be yourself and be positive and know your technical stuff

Interview Question – why should we believe you   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – Several basic questions for problem solving techniques and knowledges in using different equipment. They mostly prefer to have referral by friends or colleagues. Pretty closed work culture but not open style.

Interview Question – How could you meet customer's requirment under no resources to be offered in anyhow?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fair and nice people. Ask relevant questions to the position.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the employer and went through a phone screen with an engineer and went over my resume with the typical qualification questions. After 1 week, I was offered an on site interview with 6-7 engineers and managers through 1 on 1 interviews. Most questions consisted of general resume and industry experience with occasional technical questions. The main point of this whole interview process was to observe the communication and the overall experience of the candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me about what your experience with this company and when handling this project. How did you resolve the issue?

Why did you select us? What is the reason for leaving your company?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer has very little room to negotiate with. The justification of the below average salary are the benefits such as 401K matching, stock incentives, and profit sharing, which are quite typical of a company of this caliber. Since the company has been doing well, they should have been generous for offering an industry average base.

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with Hiring manager, smooth.
2. Human office contacts with me for on site. Quickly.
3. On site interview includes technical questions and personality.

Interview Question – What is your strength for this position?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – the phone interview was easy, not much to ask. I was interviewed by 9 people on-site including the HR. Got grilled by a PHD pretty bad.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skyworks Solutions

Worked for Skyworks Solutions? Contribute to the Community!