Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then contacted a week later to come in for six 1:1 interviews that lasted almost 4 hours. Was asked about different parts of my resume, behavioral questions (what would you do in this situation?), and technical questions relating to mechanical engineering. Was tested on SolidWorks and AutoCAD on the computer.

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

On-site interview. Group interview in the morning with ten people. You have to describe what interests them and then draw on the board. They will cut it into several parts so that the following interviewer does not ask the same question.Then one to one interview till afternoon. There will be a lunch with two manager. Overall, there were five guys from different background asking your resume and RF related questions. Very fast pace, each person is only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the gain of a common base amplifier? Is it a voltage gain or current gain?
      Matching network, smith chart.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

They just look for your attitude. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .. . ... . . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .... .. .. . .. . ... . .. .. .. .. . . .. . .. . .. .. . ... . . .. .. . .. .. .. .. . .. . ..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone followed by an onsite round with a phone interview with the HR while on site. Was for a position of co-op. Manager and team members were extremely friendly and helpful.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

One phone interview followed by one one-site interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you are familiar with RF basic, and expect some PA measurement question and lots of behavior questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

Received invitation from HR and came in for a onsite interview. First met with HR and then 1-on-1 with engineers. Questions mostly based on resume and related to the position. Was asked about testing methods and how to use test equipment.

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

By and far the most difficult interview questions I have ever been posed. Initial job requested two years of experience and a bachelors in EE, of which I met easily. Initial interview was over the phone, 45 minutes of basic technical questions. Follow up interview a week later consisted of an initial meeting with the primary interviewer for 15 minutes, then a quick discussion with the CEO of the Skyworks branch. This was followed up with a 1 hour, 9 member panel interview, two shorter one-on one interviews, a 1 hour lunch-interview, and 3 more one-on-one's to close out the afternoon. With the exception of the lunch interview, all were technical oriented questions that became progressively more difficult throughout the day. Everyone was very professional and nice. I was later declined for the position, as they wanted me to have a few more years of experience and to finish up my Master's degree.

Interview Questions

• When you interview for a technical position with this company, don't look at what they 'require' for the job. They expect you to be an expert in your entire discipline. Many of the afternoon questions were well above and beyond the scope of the job they were hiring for. Very detailed theoretical questions on transistor circuit topologies and functions.   Answer Question

Engineer Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview + 1:1 interview with 6 engineers

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Customer Quality Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial Telephonic Conversation with HR.
    Telephonic Interview with Manager
    Telephonic Interview with team mates.
    Telephonic interview with Senior manager.
    Direct 1:1 interview with Manager, Senior Manager.
    Group interview with team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Package was very less. they promised me with great growth ahead.

Test Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for this job through my University's career website. I was asked to submit a resume (no cover letter was required). I received a call from the hiring manager and had my phone interview. Then I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was interviewed by four different people (1:1, 30 minutes each) and each person focused on different parts of my resume. I received an offer two days after the interview, and started my job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Give me three reasons why I should hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR representative called me with a great offer and I accepted over the phone. She emailed me some documents to fill out and submit on my first day.