Skyworks Solutions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.1

Product Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

They just look for your attitude. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .. . ... . . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .... .. .. . .. . ... . .. .. .. .. . . .. . .. . .. .. . ... . . .. .. . .. .. .. .. . .. . ..

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in August 2013.

One phone interview followed by one one-site interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you are familiar with RF basic, and expect some PA measurement question and lots of behavior questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Received invitation from HR and came in for a onsite interview. First met with HR and then 1-on-1 with engineers. Questions mostly based on resume and related to the position. Was asked about testing methods and how to use test equipment.

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

By and far the most difficult interview questions I have ever been posed. Initial job requested two years of experience and a bachelors in EE, of which I met easily. Initial interview was over the phone, 45 minutes of basic technical questions. Follow up interview a week later consisted of an initial meeting with the primary interviewer for 15 minutes, then a quick discussion with the CEO of the Skyworks branch. This was followed up with a 1 hour, 9 member panel interview, two shorter one-on one interviews, a 1 hour lunch-interview, and 3 more one-on-one's to close out the afternoon. With the exception of the lunch interview, all were technical oriented questions that became progressively more difficult throughout the day. Everyone was very professional and nice. I was later declined for the position, as they wanted me to have a few more years of experience and to finish up my Master's degree.

Interview Questions
    • When you interview for a technical position with this company, don't look at what they 'require' for the job. They expect you to be an expert in your entire discipline. Many of the afternoon questions were well above and beyond the scope of the job they were hiring for. Very detailed theoretical questions on transistor circuit topologies and functions.   Answer Question

Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in May 2012.

1 phone interview + 1:1 interview with 6 engineers

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Customer Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in May 2012.

Initial Telephonic Conversation with HR.
    Telephonic Interview with Manager
    Telephonic Interview with team mates.
    Telephonic interview with Senior manager.
    Direct 1:1 interview with Manager, Senior Manager.
    Group interview with team.

Interview Questions
    Package was very less. they promised me with great growth ahead.

Test Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in March 2012.

I applied for this job through my University's career website. I was asked to submit a resume (no cover letter was required). I received a call from the hiring manager and had my phone interview. Then I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was interviewed by four different people (1:1, 30 minutes each) and each person focused on different parts of my resume. I received an offer two days after the interview, and started my job a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three reasons why I should hire you.   View Answer
    The HR representative called me with a great offer and I accepted over the phone. She emailed me some documents to fill out and submit on my first day.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in April 2010.

The interviews were pretty straightforward. They are looking for people friendly and tough people.People are very friendly in general and there is a good work life balance. coming to the interview, be yourself and be positive and know your technical stuff

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in August 2008.

They're very relaxed people in a relaxed environment. They look for someone that can communicate well without too many small quirks - bad posture, lack of eye contact, etc. For what it's worth, they actually didn't seem to test much of what you may have known before, but they ask you about your experiences. You should ask the right questions and be very people-person-like them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe supply chain management and how you think it might work.   Answer Question
    They're very open to negotiations, but also place their offer very close to where no negotiating is necessary.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Skyworks Solutions in June 2007.

Fair.

Interview Questions
    • Define the different parts of a PLL phase noise profile and what dominates the phase noise profile in those portions.   Answer Question
    • Describe how a pin diode works.   Answer Question