Slalom Consulting Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was one of the best experiences I've had in my career. They were professional yet empathetic to me while going through the interviews. The internal recruiter was always available to answer any questions through the process and always worked with my schedule instead of forcing theirs. The actual interviews were relaxed in nature but still inquisitive enough to know if you could do the job. I didn't get the feeling they were asking questions to stump me or prove they knew more than me. It was just about what I knew and who I am. I kept waiting for "the other shoe to drop" through the process and it never did. It really set Slalom apart from other companies.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you have worked on pertaining to the cloud?   Answer Question
    • How did you learn to use the cloud?   Answer Question
    • What are your opinions about Agile project management compared to Waterfall project management?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an excellent experience going through the interview process with Slalom. You notice the positive attitudes and genuineness of everyone you speak with through the entire process. I went through multiple interviews and each one was informative and thorough. I would recommend doing the appropriate research and be prepared with questions beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What's an important quality/trait you should have to do well in this particular position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Slalom really needs to get their recruiting process under control. I had multiple recruiters basically fighting over who would get to contact me first, so it seemed like they were extremely interested in my background. However, once I reached out to initiate the process, everything went downhill and they just couldn't recover. Trying to get an interview scheduled was so much more difficult than it needed to be, simply because they would take multiple days, sometimes even a full week to respond. I was finally able to get things scheduled, but after all that trouble, they have just left me hanging with a 'wait to hear about the next steps.' I invested a significant amount of time into this process, and considering that they were the ones to initiate the conversation, the least I would expect is an email saying "Thanks, but no thanks. Here's why..." If you're going to attempt to poach an employee from one of your strongest competitors in a niche market, you may want to treat them with more respect.

Interview Questions

• Lots of detailed questions about platform specific skills.   Answer Question

Cloud Services Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

- Initial interview with Talent Manager, non-technical - Skype with Principle Architect, technical review - F2F with Director and Principle Architect - 3 hour Presentation of the Cloud/Data center work I had done and dive into Technical aspects (How do I present (represent to clients), Do I know what I am presenting (reply to Business and Technical aspects), how do I think (Planning, Thinking on one's feet)

Interview Questions

• - What problems did I venture and research into placing Legacy components into the "Cloud"? - What parts of Business architecture can be made Cloud-ready and what cannot? - How can you progress a Cloud initiative with some legacy components not working well in a "Cloud"? - How do you balance Enterprise Security with Cloud components and Legacy components?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had the opportunity to meet with 2 recruiters- 1 by phone, 1 in person and 3 people from the practice at three different levels of responsibility. Each interaction was punctuated by a genuine warm and authentic interest in me and my experiences. Each interview with a practice member felt different and was a direct reflection of the interviewers personality- which was a "tell" on the Slalom culture. In an organization where you are encouraged to be your real self, I saw it starting from the beginning of my interactions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role model how I would interact with a potential client seeking to improve customer service rankings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Generally a smooth process. Could have used more clarity on structure (i.e. for BAS team: 1 phone interview and 1 in person with HR followed by 3 in person interviews with BAS staff). No tricks, just straight talk about what you've done, what you want to do, and how Slalom fits that story.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tough. More of a behavioral interview (e.g. talk about a time you handled difficult people or changing priorities/deadlines; why do you want to work here?).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a very aggressive interview process, but there was a consistency with the messaging from the very beginning. They moved fast and there was never any doubt which direction things were headed. While the general theme was more about a cultural fit, it didn't come without a fair share of questions about technical skills, dealing with various client situations, and delivering with success.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't a lot of questions. It was more conversational, where they would talk about Slalom and the core values, allowing me to ask more questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months. I had an initial 15-minute call with a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. I had four 1-hour in-office interviews with another recruiter and three other employees at various levels from the practice area I was interviewing for. Each interview was anywhere from 1-3 weeks apart. The recruiter was prompt in getting back to me though at times I was unsure about exactly what to expect in terms of a timeline. I was informed it was usually a long process so no surprise there. My interviews were generally conversational. It seemed like the interviewers primarily wanted to determine if I was a cultural fit. Of course, there were also the usual questions about background and experience and a handful of situational/behavioral questions about my positive and negative client experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 4 interviews back to back, half hour each. Interviewers were very impressive. Just went through resume and asked to speak about work done on projects. It was a very good experience. The office has a beautiful view.

Interview Questions

• Why Slalom is asked over and over again by every interviewer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone screening interviews initially. Followed by 3 in person interviews (on separate days; 2 with peers, final one with practice lead). Pretty standard questions about past project experiences. The whole process took two months (which seemed excessive to me), but I was warned in advance. Although long, it was a very positive experience and I got a great feel for the company during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to complete a task with ambiguous requirements.   Answer Question