Slalom Consulting

2.6

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Slalom Consulting @NY is one the best when it comes to interview process. HR keeps you well informed through out the process. Even though process took a while (about 5 months), I was always kept in touch with any new developments. I met about 4 to 5 consultants, they were all pleasant and basically you are gauged to see if you can survive as a consultant. My technical interview was not too hard and not to easy. But overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions
  • As a consultant you are expected to be SME, so be well prepared.   Answer Question
Offer was industry competitive.

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2014.

Multiple interviews, all onsite about 1w apart. Hiring manager, then Practice Area Lead, then Partner, and then General Manager. Very laid back, conversational interviews generally. They are looking for a good "fit," not just someone technical. Each interview was ~1hr, so expect to talk about yourself (background, skills, goals). Was asked as the end of each interview if I was still interested in continuing the "conversation."

Went with another offer. Limited vac and holidays, although it was stress they would be flexible in this area.

Consultant Interview

Initial screening from recruiter, typically phone call followed by a 1-hour in person interview. Mostly behavioral, with some points of emphasis on your past experiences. If successful, the following 2-3 interviews are with senior leadership resources from the office in which you are applying. These tend to focus 50% on 'fit'and the other 50% on skillset/experiences. The final round interview is with the main General Manager of the local office as a final go ahead.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an blank paycheck, how much would you request and what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

As a whole the interview process was fairly seamless. The recruiter I worked with was very knowledgeable about the organization, he did a very good job of explaining the structure, etc. The interviews themselves were very constructive and provided a good balance of open dialog affording me the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to explain your specific contributions on a project as well as the process you took to get there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Easy...you talk to a few leaders, they look to see if you're a fit. Used to be heavy on senior experience, now just looking for anyone with big 5 even juniors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in June 2014.

Recruiter and everyone that I worked with through the process were very pleasant, but the entire process took way too long (and too many visits to their SF office). Once they finally decided to make an offer I had to return yet again to the office, only to be underwhelmed. Not worth the time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about technical details for specific software that I had never referenced. I was interviewing for a role aligned to Human Capital - I think the interviewer forgot what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2014.

Saw the position had been posted on LinkedIn and contacted. Received a response within a few hours and set up a meeting with recruiter. Learned more about the company and set up for next steps, which was a face-to-face with another similar level consultant. Talked about previous experiences, wasn't really a tech screen, but I think it was more to get a feel for how I interacted and communicated.

Next step was a technical screen with an architect-level consultant. Set up a screen-sharing session and he gave me a problem and had me solve it in the IDE. Gave me 15 minutes to solve and improve it--it was a very simple question designed to allow me to show how I would take a basic request and improve it with OO paradigm and other high-level architecture.

Next step was a face-to-face with a few of the leaders of the local office. Various soft questions about previous experiences, issues with coworkers, successes and failures and what I'd change.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a bit on the salary, though their initial offer was very fair.

Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

The process is pretty fluid and takes several months. In addition to discussions with local and regional GMs, several interviews and lunches with staff occurred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in February 2014.

I connected with an old coworker on LinkedIn while sending my resume out to job prospects. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone who was pleasant and very vocal about Slalom's accolades.

After the phone interviews I met the recruiter in person who went over Slalom in more detail (who they are, what the organizational structure is, what they value, etc.).

A few days later I met with a Solution Principal for lunch who asked me questions geared toward my technical background and my career goals.

The following week I was contacted to go for a final interview at the Slalom office in Dallas where I met with a Practice Area Lead and a Director. There we spoke more of how Slalom and I could be a good match and more specifics about my technical skills. Those technical questions involved dimensional modeling techniques and some SQL-based activities.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you have a column within a database table that contains unformatted text of varying length and format, but you do know it's supposed to hold a person's name. How would you query that column efficiently and return the desired results in "proper case?" Answer can be based on SQL logic, C++, Java, or otherwise.   Answer Question
    I had a range in mind but came down a little bit after learning about the annual performance bonus.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

The interview process was smooth and I was really impressed with the HR. She made sure to keep me in the loop. I went through 6 interviews all of them over the phone. It was very disappointing that they were not able to figure out my background in first few interviews. I talked to senior level consultants, directors, managers, technical consultant and all provided great reviews. In the end I was told my background didn't have enough consulting background. This was clear on my resume to begin with as I have over 10 years of experience as FTE and some experience in consulting. So just deciding not to move forward based on this reason was the biggest waste of my time as well as theirs. I was expecting a lot more from them based on the reviews I had heard.

It was shocking as I had all the skillsets - both technical and functional.

Interview Questions
    • Req gathering; BI questions; Technical questions around db;   Answer Question