Slalom Consulting

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.6

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

The interview process was quite long but they like to keep interviews on the more relaxed side. I started out by having coffee with one of the recruiters, who went over my work history, desire to leave and skills. Having passed that, I had lunch with someone fairly senior in my practice area about 3 weeks later. After that, another 2-3 weeks passed and I was called into the office for an interview with the practice area lead I would be working under. During this interview, I went into detail about my past projects and skills. Finally, I was called in to speak with the Managing Director of the office for a final yes/no.

The interview process is aimed to make you feel more at ease and comfortable talking to your interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • There were no puzzle questions or anything designed to trip you up   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Slalom Consulting @NY is one the best when it comes to interview process. HR keeps you well informed through out the process. Even though process took a while (about 5 months), I was always kept in touch with any new developments. I met about 4 to 5 consultants, they were all pleasant and basically you are gauged to see if you can survive as a consultant. My technical interview was not too hard and not to easy. But overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • As a consultant you are expected to be SME, so be well prepared.   Answer Question
    Offer was industry competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2014.

Multiple interviews, all onsite about 1w apart. Hiring manager, then Practice Area Lead, then Partner, and then General Manager. Very laid back, conversational interviews generally. They are looking for a good "fit," not just someone technical. Each interview was ~1hr, so expect to talk about yourself (background, skills, goals). Was asked as the end of each interview if I was still interested in continuing the "conversation."

Went with another offer. Limited vac and holidays, although it was stress they would be flexible in this area.

Consultant Interview

Initial screening from recruiter, typically phone call followed by a 1-hour in person interview. Mostly behavioral, with some points of emphasis on your past experiences. If successful, the following 2-3 interviews are with senior leadership resources from the office in which you are applying. These tend to focus 50% on 'fit'and the other 50% on skillset/experiences. The final round interview is with the main General Manager of the local office as a final go ahead.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an blank paycheck, how much would you request and what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Was approached by a Slalom recruiter at an industry convention. After the convention, I reached out to the recruiter and expressed an interest in the Data Management & Analytics practice area. The recruiter immediately responded and scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter then requested another phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Manager. At the conclusion of the interview, the interviewer was enthusiastically talking about my fit for the position and described the people with whom I would meet in the next interview. Nevertheless, I have not heard back from them after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not particularly difficult. Primarily interested in professional background and relevant experiences for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

As a whole the interview process was fairly seamless. The recruiter I worked with was very knowledgeable about the organization, he did a very good job of explaining the structure, etc. The interviews themselves were very constructive and provided a good balance of open dialog affording me the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to explain your specific contributions on a project as well as the process you took to get there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Easy...you talk to a few leaders, they look to see if you're a fit. Used to be heavy on senior experience, now just looking for anyone with big 5 even juniors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in June 2014.

Recruiter and everyone that I worked with through the process were very pleasant, but the entire process took way too long (and too many visits to their SF office). Once they finally decided to make an offer I had to return yet again to the office, only to be underwhelmed. Not worth the time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about technical details for specific software that I had never referenced. I was interviewing for a role aligned to Human Capital - I think the interviewer forgot what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I participated in an interview process after someone at the company reached out to me, I didn't actually apply. The interview process was unstructured, but quite pleasant. I was invited to meet others and to tour the offices, spending longer than was planned at this "informal" interview. The HR person indicated that she was very positive about our interview and would be moving forward. Then ... nothing. No follow-up, no response to my follow-up email, nothing.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

First off - What an excellent experience with recruiters within Slalom - here is a company that understands that the face to the company is quite often formed by the recruiters. The talent acquisition managers are very well trained, totally professional and make a real human connection with the candidates.

The process itself is pretty standard I guess
     - Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition Manager, followed by
     - In-person interview with TAM
     - With me there was some question exactly where I would be used in the firm,
     - so I had 2 individual interviews with two leaders to decide where my best fit was.
     - This was followed by a 2.5 hour block with three interviews with management, peers and an "as appropriate"

The offer was processed quickly and presented to me early on the next business day.

All and all the best experience I have had with recruitment...

Interview Questions
    • I don't know that there is a single question that stands out, but it is obvious that the company works from the basis of some competency model, and that the interviews and questions within the interviews are designed to ascertain the candidate's competency within that framework   Answer Question