Slalom Consulting

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Consultant Interview

Initial screening from recruiter, typically phone call followed by a 1-hour in person interview. Mostly behavioral, with some points of emphasis on your past experiences. If successful, the following 2-3 interviews are with senior leadership resources from the office in which you are applying. These tend to focus 50% on 'fit'and the other 50% on skillset/experiences. The final round interview is with the main General Manager of the local office as a final go ahead.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an blank paycheck, how much would you request and what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in August 2014.

In depth interview process. First recruiter does a screening phone call to make sure you are a fit. You then meet with several colleagues and upper management. They are looking for a strong culture fit as much as a strong professional fit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too hard. Most questions asked what I knew about Slalom and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question
    They were well aware of what I was looking for and we were able to come to an agreement.

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Was approached by a Slalom recruiter at an industry convention. After the convention, I reached out to the recruiter and expressed an interest in the Data Management & Analytics practice area. The recruiter immediately responded and scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter then requested another phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Manager. At the conclusion of the interview, the interviewer was enthusiastically talking about my fit for the position and described the people with whom I would meet in the next interview. Nevertheless, I have not heard back from them after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not particularly difficult. Primarily interested in professional background and relevant experiences for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

As a whole the interview process was fairly seamless. The recruiter I worked with was very knowledgeable about the organization, he did a very good job of explaining the structure, etc. The interviews themselves were very constructive and provided a good balance of open dialog affording me the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to explain your specific contributions on a project as well as the process you took to get there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in July 2014.

The interview process was very friendly. I met a recruiter first than met 3-4 people in the office. They are hiring mostly people with big 4 experience and SMEs. Most of the people I met were from Accenture with more than 10-15 years of experience.

Be prepared to talk about your project experiences, technical skills and mostly personality. They might throw at you a lot of situational questions which you will need to give examples from your past experiences. It is more about being "fit" to culture than anything else.

Get ready to answer "Why" questions. "why small firm", "why do you want to stay local", "why Slalom" , "Why leave your current job" Make sure your story is straight. People here are very smart.

Once you get the offer thou, you are in their bench list. They reach out to you once they sell a project. This might be in a week or in 5 months. When you start, you immediately go to the client side. Maybe a half day in the office that is all. Don't expect any training what so ever. You better know your stuff and client facing consulting before you accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Lots of project management questions and "tell me about a situation where" type of questions. No Case study. As long as your are genuine and experienced (good technical skills) you will be fine.   Answer Question
    They ask you how much you want and try to get close to it as long as you ask something reasonable for your experience level. PTO and rest of the items are obsoletely non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in June 2014.

Recruiter and everyone that I worked with through the process were very pleasant, but the entire process took way too long (and too many visits to their SF office). Once they finally decided to make an offer I had to return yet again to the office, only to be underwhelmed. Not worth the time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about technical details for specific software that I had never referenced. I was interviewing for a role aligned to Human Capital - I think the interviewer forgot what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I participated in an interview process after someone at the company reached out to me, I didn't actually apply. The interview process was unstructured, but quite pleasant. I was invited to meet others and to tour the offices, spending longer than was planned at this "informal" interview. The HR person indicated that she was very positive about our interview and would be moving forward. Then ... nothing. No follow-up, no response to my follow-up email, nothing.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

First off - What an excellent experience with recruiters within Slalom - here is a company that understands that the face to the company is quite often formed by the recruiters. The talent acquisition managers are very well trained, totally professional and make a real human connection with the candidates.

The process itself is pretty standard I guess
     - Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition Manager, followed by
     - In-person interview with TAM
     - With me there was some question exactly where I would be used in the firm,
     - so I had 2 individual interviews with two leaders to decide where my best fit was.
     - This was followed by a 2.5 hour block with three interviews with management, peers and an "as appropriate"

The offer was processed quickly and presented to me early on the next business day.

All and all the best experience I have had with recruitment...

Interview Questions
    • I don't know that there is a single question that stands out, but it is obvious that the company works from the basis of some competency model, and that the interviews and questions within the interviews are designed to ascertain the candidate's competency within that framework   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Extremely long interview process. I had interviews with 6 separate folks in the Los Angeles office ranging from recruiting staff to Managing Directors and after all the time invested by Slalom and myself, the company decided not to hire me! My understanding of why they decided not to progress with me was that my experience was only on large client engagements.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handle transitions e.g. between teams, phases, projects, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant - Org Effectiveness Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in April 2014.

a) Recruiter
    b) 3 rounds of behavioral and technical interview

Very professional and quick process

Questions included
    a) Describe how you performed change management
    b) Describe when you were being creative in solutions you proposed