Slalom Consulting

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2014.

Multiple interviews, all onsite about 1w apart. Hiring manager, then Practice Area Lead, then Partner, and then General Manager. Very laid back, conversational interviews generally. They are looking for a good "fit," not just someone technical. Each interview was ~1hr, so expect to talk about yourself (background, skills, goals). Was asked as the end of each interview if I was still interested in continuing the "conversation."

Went with another offer. Limited vac and holidays, although it was stress they would be flexible in this area.

National Recruiting Team Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2014.

The process started out very casual--phone screen with my recruiter, coffee meeting with the recruiting manager, meeting with two team members. The final interview was supposed to be a coffee meeting also, but the coffee shop in their building was closed unexpectedly so we talked in a conference room upstairs.

Everyone seemed pretty nice, but after meeting that many people and spending that much time talking about Slalom, I still had trouble imagining what working there would be like. No one could really articulate what was so great about their culture and their job. I also had a hard time figuring out their org structure. A bunch of different people viewed my LinkedIn profile, including some who were pretty high up. I'm not sure who the ultimate decision maker was.

I know they were interviewing a ton of people, because they talked to at least three other people from my company. None of us ended up getting the job (to my knowledge), and I don't really know why. But then again, I couldn't figure out the profile they were looking for, either. My recruiter told me that I didn't get it (good of her to follow up), and while there wasn't anything actually *wrong* with the interviews I went to, I just felt like it was a rather odd experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2014.

Working with the recruiters during the interview process was extremely painless and incredibly efficient. I've had several interviews over the last few years and will say that this process at Slalom has been mastered. I applied online and received a phone call a few days later from a very knowledgeable recruiter who proceeded to schedule my next few interviews. I was brought into the office to meet with the talent director who gave me a very detailed overview of how the local office is structured. After agreeing to move forward with the process, I was scheduled to meet with 3 people from the local office who also gave me a very straightforward overview of the culture and projects at Slalom. I was blown away by the entire experience and happily accepted the offer.

Consultant Interview

Initial screening from recruiter, typically phone call followed by a 1-hour in person interview. Mostly behavioral, with some points of emphasis on your past experiences. If successful, the following 2-3 interviews are with senior leadership resources from the office in which you are applying. These tend to focus 50% on 'fit'and the other 50% on skillset/experiences. The final round interview is with the main General Manager of the local office as a final go ahead.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an blank paycheck, how much would you request and what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in August 2014.

In depth interview process. First recruiter does a screening phone call to make sure you are a fit. You then meet with several colleagues and upper management. They are looking for a strong culture fit as much as a strong professional fit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too hard. Most questions asked what I knew about Slalom and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question
    They were well aware of what I was looking for and we were able to come to an agreement.

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Was approached by a Slalom recruiter at an industry convention. After the convention, I reached out to the recruiter and expressed an interest in the Data Management & Analytics practice area. The recruiter immediately responded and scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter then requested another phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Manager. At the conclusion of the interview, the interviewer was enthusiastically talking about my fit for the position and described the people with whom I would meet in the next interview. Nevertheless, I have not heard back from them after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not particularly difficult. Primarily interested in professional background and relevant experiences for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

As a whole the interview process was fairly seamless. The recruiter I worked with was very knowledgeable about the organization, he did a very good job of explaining the structure, etc. The interviews themselves were very constructive and provided a good balance of open dialog affording me the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to explain your specific contributions on a project as well as the process you took to get there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in July 2014.

The interview process was very friendly. I met a recruiter first than met 3-4 people in the office. They are hiring mostly people with big 4 experience and SMEs. Most of the people I met were from Accenture with more than 10-15 years of experience.

Be prepared to talk about your project experiences, technical skills and mostly personality. They might throw at you a lot of situational questions which you will need to give examples from your past experiences. It is more about being "fit" to culture than anything else.

Get ready to answer "Why" questions. "why small firm", "why do you want to stay local", "why Slalom" , "Why leave your current job" Make sure your story is straight. People here are very smart.

Once you get the offer thou, you are in their bench list. They reach out to you once they sell a project. This might be in a week or in 5 months. When you start, you immediately go to the client side. Maybe a half day in the office that is all. Don't expect any training what so ever. You better know your stuff and client facing consulting before you accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Lots of project management questions and "tell me about a situation where" type of questions. No Case study. As long as your are genuine and experienced (good technical skills) you will be fine.   Answer Question
    They ask you how much you want and try to get close to it as long as you ask something reasonable for your experience level. PTO and rest of the items are obsoletely non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in June 2014.

Recruiter and everyone that I worked with through the process were very pleasant, but the entire process took way too long (and too many visits to their SF office). Once they finally decided to make an offer I had to return yet again to the office, only to be underwhelmed. Not worth the time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about technical details for specific software that I had never referenced. I was interviewing for a role aligned to Human Capital - I think the interviewer forgot what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I participated in an interview process after someone at the company reached out to me, I didn't actually apply. The interview process was unstructured, but quite pleasant. I was invited to meet others and to tour the offices, spending longer than was planned at this "informal" interview. The HR person indicated that she was very positive about our interview and would be moving forward. Then ... nothing. No follow-up, no response to my follow-up email, nothing.