Slalom Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in April 2009.

Interview Details – Was very easy in the early years; mostly influenced by your network: who/which companies can you acquire as part of biz dev?

Nowadays may be more structured with many more on the interview panel.

Negotiation Details – Easy. They gave me a $ and start date and I negotiated for slightly higher. Wished I went for a bit more as it's taking quite a few years to be market competitive.

Consultant/Project Manager Interview

Consultant/Project Manager

Interviewed at Slalom Consulting

Interview Details – Nothing out of the ordinary but keep in mind the 'type' of person they want that fits the consulting mold:
1. Consultants with six or more years of experience at a firm like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, E&Y, 2. Management Consultants with recent project management, business analysis, change management or supply change experience, 3. Technical consultants with recent experience delivering solutions within the Microsoft stack including SharePoint, 4. Development experience with in any of the following areas: .NET, SharePoint, J2EE, Azure or in delivering business intelligence solutions around Business Objects, SSAS, SSRS

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had five total interviews - first with a recruiter for a discussion about the company. The second and third were with the people who would be my direct supervisors. The fourth and fifth were with executives at the Atlanta office. The second and third interviews were the most useful where I discussed my skills/experiences and they discussed their needs. Those aligned well so I moved on to the final set of interviews that were much more about cultural fit than skills. Culture is extremely important at Slalom so be sure you're honest and don't bother holding back or trying to be formal during the interviews.

Interview Question – "Who is your hero?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate - they provided an offer much higher than I was being paid at the time and I accepted it.

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – Changing. Earlier on, was interviewed for fit, skillset, network, experience. Now the requirements have changed to do you have big 5 experience, less experience.

Interview Question – None. They really look into how you'll fit into the Slalom culture.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Slalom Consulting

Interview Details – The people you interview with are great and quite friendly. Overall the process was slightly worn out as the number of interviews you have to go through is excessive. There were times where they would appear to be lost in the hiring process and quickly scrambled to find anyone to interview me. There is really no need to sit down and have seven in person interviews and three phone calls.

Interview Question – No case or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They seem lost in their ways.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview is intense. Mostly behavioral and then followed by a skills based interview. Pretty standard for the industry. No case studies etc.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details – First a recruiting manager will contact you to get your details and your interest on the new opportunity. second some senior technical person will contact you and ask you questions on your expertise. In few cases where they donot have resources who have knowledge on specific technology,questions will be very silly.

Then resource manager will call you with full of promises that you will find a project in matter of days in your technology, and salary will be discussed in the call.

In some cases the Director of the division/dept/branch will call you to get your long term and short term goals.

If you donot adapt to new technical skills then you would be thrown on bench for quite some time, and send to client projects where you might have work unrelated technology/role. you cannot relocate even though there is a better project in another city.You will do lot of experiments with new technologies.

Interview Question – how flexible are you in learning new tecchnologies ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they would be little pushy to get you onboard soon.

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR (Talent Management), and then met with the director. Interestingly met with the technical people after meeting with the leadership team.

Interview Question – Regular Questions.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in February 2009.

Interview Details – 5 different interviews. Process was spread over 3 months. Some really dumb textbook type questions.

Interview Question – MS exam type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typical offer\counter-offer.

Very Easy Interview

Java Architect Interview

Java Architect
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Interview Details – Contacted by the company recruiter. Did a bit research on glassdoor, overwhelmingly positive feedback. scheduled for four rounds of face to face interview. up till the last round of phone interview, i had very pleasant experiences with this company. The last round was technical and the interviewer was very picky about some 2 minutes google able questions, then was asked to do a off line coding project. never heard of this before. submitted the next day, and never heard back from them, very disappointing and total waste of time. Good luck with people who wants to get into this consulting firm.

Interview Question – Was asked to do a offline coding project.   View Answer