Slalom Consulting

Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.6

CRM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in April 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn based on my title at a competing consulting firm. A phone screen led to 4 in-person interviews. Care was taken to schedule me at times that would not impact my existing working hours. Interviews with senior management sounded like a sales pitch. Seems like they were sold on me based mostly on the reputation of the company I was coming from. The final interview was more of an informal "get-to-know-you" lunch with my potential manager. Overall, the interview process was much less rigorous than interview loops I had gone through in the past.

PTO was not negotiable.

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Contacted by the company recruiter. Did a bit research on glassdoor, overwhelmingly positive feedback. scheduled for four rounds of face to face interview. up till the last round of phone interview, i had very pleasant experiences with this company. The last round was technical and the interviewer was very picky about some 2 minutes google able questions, then was asked to do a off line coding project. never heard of this before. submitted the next day, and never heard back from them, very disappointing and total waste of time. Good luck with people who wants to get into this consulting firm.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to do a offline coding project.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I wasn't looking for a change and the Slalom recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through 3 rounds of interview. All was well till the final round of interview where I realized that the leadership is not even sure on what they are looking for. There was no clear role definition and I was disappointed in wasting my time over this. I have worked with Big 4 and Fortune 10 companies so didn't really care about the outcome. But honestly the leadership team should get their act together. I think they are just into staff augmentation and do not have any decent capability to implement big projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

1st-Recruiter called you was giving the usual and brief phone interview. She was very nice and friendly.
    2nd- Manager phone interview. Just sell yourselff
    3rd- Technical interview over google docs. Asked about sql statements, sorting statement

Interview Questions
    • Technical case- In sql does capital letters affect the code?
      write down a statement that find lower case b in the table

Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2013.

Initially contacted by HR (Talent Management), and then met with the director. Interestingly met with the technical people after meeting with the leadership team.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I was initially recruited via LinkedIn after my resume was reviewed and was noticed for experience at a large consulting firm.

I was brought in for an initial interview and asked for 180 references and then set up on 3 subsequent interviews, all at client sites (I offered to meet the interviewers, since I was mobile and unemployed at the time. They were very willing to meet me wherever I was available, however).

My first interview was with a consultant, and we discussed day-to-day operations and expectations for an incoming consultant. He was very upbeat, engaging, and enthusiastic. He was inquisitive without being prying, and it felt very much like a discussion and a 'getting to know you' session rather than a formal interview.

My next interview was with a project manager and felt more like a formal interview. I was asked about my previous experience and my take on business problems (how would I handle a difficult client, unexpected situations, personal issues with coworkers, etc). He was more direct and business-like.

They asked the next day if I could move the third interview back to their offices, and I found out that they were interested in making an offer rather than need the third interview. After reviewing their package and discussing terms (there was little/no room to negotiate, and the package had already been slightly above my expectations) I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience you've had managing a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Three step interview process.
    1) First portion was a phone screen with HR. Got the very basic facts on the company, elevator pitch about why Slalom is awesome, had a chance to ask any basic questions.
    2) Couple of short conversations with a couple of managers in a casual setting. Answered some more detailed questions about my background and experience. A few more detailed questions (e.g. What makes for a good business requirement).
    3) Final round in a formal setting with four of five people over half a day. Three were managers, one director and one peer.

Heard back from HR within a couple days with an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too off the wall or difficult. Standard PAR (problem, action, result) type questions, some detailed questions about prior experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting.

First chatted with a recruiter over the phone. Then met with the recruiter for a casual conversation over coffee. We both decided to move further in the process. Went through several rounds of interviews in the office and met with many employees. Overall it was a great process. The recruiter and employees answered any questions I had and always responded quickly to any emails.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of numbers, print out Fiz if the number is divisible by 3, Buzz if divisible by 5 and FizzBuzz if divisible by both. Print the number if it is not divisible by either.   View Answers (2)

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in November 2012.

The process was very efficient and well-managed. I was referred through a friend, met with the recruiter over coffee, and then had a day of interviewing which consisted of a series of 45 min interviews with various leaders. I was very impressed with the effort they made to quickly make key people available to meet with me. It is clear that they highly value their employees and are careful to select people that will complement their culture. I found their questions to be very straight forward - understanding your experience, and equally important, what you are interested in doing

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience managing projects and/or improvement efforts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2012.

One 30 minute phone screen with recruiter, followed by one set of interviews at the Slalom office (Seattle). 3 interviews, 45 minutes each. Typically Slalom is looking for people with Big 4 Consulting experience, but if you know people there who will vouch for you, that isn't always the case. Only issue was offer was contingent until they found me a project, which took 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral "Describe a situation where..." and none were that difficult. Overall it was a very relaxed, friendly interview process.   Answer Question
    I've heard that you can't really negotiate; but I was able to negotiate a slightly higher rate. I was not offered and did not ask for a sign-on bonus.