Slalom Consulting

2.6

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Contacted by the company recruiter. Did a bit research on glassdoor, overwhelmingly positive feedback. scheduled for four rounds of face to face interview. up till the last round of phone interview, i had very pleasant experiences with this company. The last round was technical and the interviewer was very picky about some 2 minutes google able questions, then was asked to do a off line coding project. never heard of this before. submitted the next day, and never heard back from them, very disappointing and total waste of time. Good luck with people who wants to get into this consulting firm.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to do a offline coding project.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I wasn't looking for a change and the Slalom recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through 3 rounds of interview. All was well till the final round of interview where I realized that the leadership is not even sure on what they are looking for. There was no clear role definition and I was disappointed in wasting my time over this. I have worked with Big 4 and Fortune 10 companies so didn't really care about the outcome. But honestly the leadership team should get their act together. I think they are just into staff augmentation and do not have any decent capability to implement big projects.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2010.

The hiring process consists of a phone interview from bubbly female recruiters, followed by a panel of long term consultant employees. Once you clear that hurdle it's time to speak with a Managing Partner and if you're lucky the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question may be about your specific skill set or sweet spot and it's applicability to existing client work. The goal of the question is suited to assess your fit with planned client work, which can be tricky. Since that client work is not guaranteed, you could be hired for an engagement that never materializes and wind up on the bench for 2-4weeks until they find you another short term gig. After which, you'll be back on the bench in 2-3 months time, again.   Answer Question
    Ask about the bill rate for the type of work for which you are being considered. Since they take half--if you choose the variable pay model--negotiate for half since it's only fair. Note most engagements are 40 hours per week, so the variable rate is falling out of favor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

1st-Recruiter called you was giving the usual and brief phone interview. She was very nice and friendly.
    2nd- Manager phone interview. Just sell yourselff
    3rd- Technical interview over google docs. Asked about sql statements, sorting statement

Interview Questions
    • Technical case- In sql does capital letters affect the code?
      write down a statement that find lower case b in the table
        Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I was initially recruited via LinkedIn after my resume was reviewed and was noticed for experience at a large consulting firm.

I was brought in for an initial interview and asked for 180 references and then set up on 3 subsequent interviews, all at client sites (I offered to meet the interviewers, since I was mobile and unemployed at the time. They were very willing to meet me wherever I was available, however).

My first interview was with a consultant, and we discussed day-to-day operations and expectations for an incoming consultant. He was very upbeat, engaging, and enthusiastic. He was inquisitive without being prying, and it felt very much like a discussion and a 'getting to know you' session rather than a formal interview.

My next interview was with a project manager and felt more like a formal interview. I was asked about my previous experience and my take on business problems (how would I handle a difficult client, unexpected situations, personal issues with coworkers, etc). He was more direct and business-like.

They asked the next day if I could move the third interview back to their offices, and I found out that they were interested in making an offer rather than need the third interview. After reviewing their package and discussing terms (there was little/no room to negotiate, and the package had already been slightly above my expectations) I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult experience you've had managing a team?   Answer Question

Client Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2012.

My interview process with Slalom was long and drawn out, but that was mostly due to my preference to be sure of my decision before making a switch. I had been a longtime Accenture employee and originally reached out to a Slalom HR contact on LinkedIn. I had heard of many colleagues making the switch to Slalom and heard good things.

My interview process was stretched over four months, juggling around vacations and a busy project schedule. Around the same time, I was also interviewing with Point B and North Highland. I felt like there was a clear advantage in Slalom's HR talent and processes compared to the other two companies. North Highland's HR function was in LA and they were at times non responsive and even unscheduled an interview without calling me to clear it up. Point B's HR team was adequate, but the challenge was the point person during the process was a senior partner. It was good to have that type of insight, but in this case that person did not always have the time or the experience to handle recruiting questions, negotiations, etc.

Slalom's HR team was very qualified, friendly and extremely capable. You may wonder why I weighed the HR capability so heavily, but in order for a consulting company to grow you need to be able to win the war for talent. That will help me achieve my sales goals and desire to work with the best people possible.

Through the process the interviews focused on behavioral and experience type questions. The interviewer also spent a lot of time focused on me as a person seeming to determine the culture fit. That is a big part of their interview process. They are not just looking for bodies, but people that will help maintain and improve the positive, fun, smart culture of the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Three step interview process.
    1) First portion was a phone screen with HR. Got the very basic facts on the company, elevator pitch about why Slalom is awesome, had a chance to ask any basic questions.
    2) Couple of short conversations with a couple of managers in a casual setting. Answered some more detailed questions about my background and experience. A few more detailed questions (e.g. What makes for a good business requirement).
    3) Final round in a formal setting with four of five people over half a day. Three were managers, one director and one peer.

Heard back from HR within a couple days with an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too off the wall or difficult. Standard PAR (problem, action, result) type questions, some detailed questions about prior experiences.   Answer Question

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in November 2012.

The process was very efficient and well-managed. I was referred through a friend, met with the recruiter over coffee, and then had a day of interviewing which consisted of a series of 45 min interviews with various leaders. I was very impressed with the effort they made to quickly make key people available to meet with me. It is clear that they highly value their employees and are careful to select people that will complement their culture. I found their questions to be very straight forward - understanding your experience, and equally important, what you are interested in doing

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience managing projects and/or improvement efforts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

First chatted with a recruiter over the phone. Then met with the recruiter for a casual conversation over coffee. We both decided to move further in the process. Went through several rounds of interviews in the office and met with many employees. Overall it was a great process. The recruiter and employees answered any questions I had and always responded quickly to any emails.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of numbers, print out Fiz if the number is divisible by 3, Buzz if divisible by 5 and FizzBuzz if divisible by both. Print the number if it is not divisible by either.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2012.

One 30 minute phone screen with recruiter, followed by one set of interviews at the Slalom office (Seattle). 3 interviews, 45 minutes each. Typically Slalom is looking for people with Big 4 Consulting experience, but if you know people there who will vouch for you, that isn't always the case. Only issue was offer was contingent until they found me a project, which took 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral "Describe a situation where..." and none were that difficult. Overall it was a very relaxed, friendly interview process.   Answer Question
    I've heard that you can't really negotiate; but I was able to negotiate a slightly higher rate. I was not offered and did not ask for a sign-on bonus.