Slalom Consulting

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared for 4-5 interviews over a long period. Leadership team is just odd, closed off...

Interview Question – None - it was kind of a joke.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Grad School of Accenture, weak teams,

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Interview Details – Extremely long interview process. I had interviews with 6 separate folks in the Los Angeles office ranging from recruiting staff to Managing Directors and after all the time invested by Slalom and myself, the company decided not to hire me! My understanding of why they decided not to progress with me was that my experience was only on large client engagements.

Interview Question – Describe how you handle transitions e.g. between teams, phases, projects, etc.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details – Consisted of:
1. an initial recruiter screening
2. HR interview
3. principal interview
4, 5. interview with two would-be peers
6. interview with general manager

Interview 1 was fine - nothing bad, nothing notable. Very friendly and approachable recruiter.

Interview 2 was also fine - decent but basic questions about career plan, applicable experience, cultural fit.

Interview 3 - would have been expected if I were fresh out of college applying for a grunt job at Accenture instead of a professional with 20+ years of management consulting experience. Basically a series of IQ tests and how well I perform under pressure. Zero questions about the value I've brought to my projects and the experience I would bring to the company.

Interview 4 - interviewer was arrogant and told me I'd be bored at this job.

Interview 5 - great! Finally someone I'd want to work with.

Interview 6 - more psycho/intellect tests and some stump the chump. Again, no expressed interest in the value I have provided and my capabilities.

Interview Question – An ill-administered, informal DISC evaluation with questions leading toward a seemingly anticipated profile result of a S.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Interview Details – I was referred to a Slalom recruiter by a fellow consultant, which got me through the channels quickly. Great conversations and they worked quickly to schedule face-to-face interviews with the local team. Instead of a follow-up call by the recruiter to let me know the status of the next steps, I received a survey from two different sources within the company.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Interview Details – I was initially recruited via LinkedIn after my resume was reviewed and was noticed for experience at a large consulting firm.

I was brought in for an initial interview and asked for 180 references and then set up on 3 subsequent interviews, all at client sites (I offered to meet the interviewers, since I was mobile and unemployed at the time. They were very willing to meet me wherever I was available, however).

My first interview was with a consultant, and we discussed day-to-day operations and expectations for an incoming consultant. He was very upbeat, engaging, and enthusiastic. He was inquisitive without being prying, and it felt very much like a discussion and a 'getting to know you' session rather than a formal interview.

My next interview was with a project manager and felt more like a formal interview. I was asked about my previous experience and my take on business problems (how would I handle a difficult client, unexpected situations, personal issues with coworkers, etc). He was more direct and business-like.

They asked the next day if I could move the third interview back to their offices, and I found out that they were interested in making an offer rather than need the third interview. After reviewing their package and discussing terms (there was little/no room to negotiate, and the package had already been slightly above my expectations) I accepted.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult experience you've had managing a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After reviewing their package and discussing terms (there was little/no room to negotiate, and the package had already been slightly above my expectations) I accepted.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in July 2012.

Interview Details – They are very picky. I had to give many references. They made it feel like home with every person I met in the process. Red Carpet treatment.

Interview Question – What do you do outside of work? Why do you like it? How could I share that with Slalom Consultants? Can I teach other people at Slalom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and fast

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in January 2011.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume through the website and got in touch immediatley with recruiters and even some of the leadership team down in Los Angeles. The interviews consisted of meeting with someone to see if there was a good cultural fit and another to review skills. Culture is obviously very important at this company, and the people were all very friendly.

Interview Question – What are some of the projects you have had in the past, and what skills have you learned from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a very fair offer after volunteering an offer I received from one of the Big Four. They have a very unique compensation model which was one of the reasons I ended up working here.

Management Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who was very pleasant and eager to chat with me so I listened to the quick synopsis on the company. I agreed to meet in person simply bcos of the person and curiosity. The first official interview was a detailed spiel on the company and its offering along with basic Q&A's. The person was also there observing potential cultural fit and filtering for the next round of interview, which is more competency-based. Second interview was a no-nonsense experience interview, where you layout your rock solid experience. Upon passing the second interview, you move to the final interview with the GM or MD of the company, which again is more culture suitability, personality etc. My entire process was conducted over a week, with actual interview days being three in total. I received my offer at the end of the week. Basically, you have to be experienced and competent, but also personably fit in order to preserve their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, besides wanting to be local?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage clients? (Interviewee may or may not provide a scenario)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They clearly sell the localized model of management consulting, so don't pay premium to the likes of the big four, which is understandable due to its business model. There is no signing bonus, so don't go looking for one. I personally negotiated my initial offer due to the fact that I had three additional offers from other places, and they met me halfway. I do believe that was bcos of my specialized skillset, though I could be wrong.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Slalom Consulting

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Slalom Consulting Videos

Slalom Consulting – Why Work for Us?

What makes us unique? Slalom Consulting brings business and technology expertise together to help companies drive enterprise performance, accelerate innovation, enhance the customer experience, and increase employee… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Slalom Consulting Management Consultant interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Slalom Consulting employees and interview candidates.