Slalom Consulting

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

National Recruiting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2012.

The interview process was very thorough, but also very relaxed. I was referred to Slalom through a friend, and got a call from the head of their National recruiting team. Spoke to her for about an hour, very conversational and open.

Had another call a few days later, more specific questions about my past, and an opportunity for me to ask more specific questions about the direction of the company.

I then met 6 - 8 different members of the team I'd be working with over an hour or two. Very laid back, but lots of questions and answers on both sides about past experience, goals, etc. Never felt like I had any trick questions or anything, or that anyone was trying to trip me up.

I then met with the National GM, same situation.

Then I had a role-play call with the same GM wherein I acted as if I were giving him an initial recruiting call. Had to research a bit more about Slalom to be prepared, but that went smooth.

Finally got an offer that was extremely fair, based on some previous open dialogue about my current compensation and what I was looking for moving forward.

This whole process took about 3 weeks, but was very easy, comfortable, and honest.

Interview Questions
  • I never once felt like I had a "difficult" question - just a lot of conversation back and forth. Some questions about the industry and the company were asked to see if I had done any research, which I had, so was able to answer, but was also open about any lack of knowledge I had in certain areas.   Answer Question
I was open and up-front about the range of comp. that I would need in order to make a move, based on what I was currently making. Their offer was within the range and very fair.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!