Slalom Consulting

Slalom Consulting Project Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2012.

Interviewed directly with the client regarding a specific contract/project. Just prior to meeting the client, I was briefed by the account manager who also joined the interview. The interview consisted of an overview of the project, review of job responsibilities and a couple questions about myself. 15 minutes into the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't really asked many questions. This was my biggest surprise.   Answer Question
Because I was hired on contract, I asked for a higher rate and was able to get a slight increase. It never hurts to ask but always be polite.

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2011.

Basic interview questions.
    Post interview response was very poor, multiple follow-ups with no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in July 2010.

I was contacted by a VP to see if I was interested, had a 1:1 interview with him, and was then invited in for a group interview with a director and a couple managers. I decided after the group interview that I wasn't interested, and they didn't contact me again.

My 1:1 interview with the VP was great, and I left really excited by the opportunity. We talked about a lot of different areas of work I could contribute to, and he had some great visual aids to show what their culture and work processes were like.

The group interview was a different story. It was like I was talking to "Stepford" people. It was clear that if you were going to fit in there, you were going to have to look a certain way, talk a certain way, and have a certain attitude about customers. I talked to a Director and a couple project managers. It was clear that none of them had prepared for the interview, and I just got a bunch of generic questions. The questions were designed to figure out whether I would fit in to their culture and way of thinking, not whether I could do great work for their customers. If you give an answer to a question that's anything out of the ordinary from what they expect or have heard before, you'll get strange, confused looks.

Slalom gets great reviews as a place to work, and it might be, if you just want to do generic consulting. I didn't get the picture that this company stood for anything more than billing hours to customers. I didn't see any evidence of a culture of innovation or passion for customer success. They talk a lot about being "great consultants", but from what I could tell, being a great consultant meant looking and acting the part, and doing nothing that the customer doesn't explicitly ask for or expect. If you're looking for innovation, personal growth, or a job where you can delight customers with extraordinary work, I would look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult project you ever worked on, and how did you manage the difficulties?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Slalom Consulting in August 2011.

The interview started at a local Starbucks. Received a subsequent call for interviews in the Office.