Slalom Consulting

Updated Jul 3, 2014

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Easy...you talk to a few leaders, they look to see if you're a fit. Used to be heavy on senior experience, now just looking for anyone with big 5 even juniors.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I participated in an interview process after someone at the company reached out to me, I didn't actually apply. The interview process was unstructured, but quite pleasant. I was invited to meet others and to tour the offices, spending longer than was planned at this "informal" interview. The HR person indicated that she was very positive about our interview and would be moving forward. Then ... nothing. No follow-up, no response to my follow-up email, nothing.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

First off - What an excellent experience with recruiters within Slalom - here is a company that understands that the face to the company is quite often formed by the recruiters. The talent acquisition managers are very well trained, totally professional and make a real human connection with the candidates.

The process itself is pretty standard I guess
     - Phone conversation with Talent Acquisition Manager, followed by
     - In-person interview with TAM
     - With me there was some question exactly where I would be used in the firm,
     - so I had 2 individual interviews with two leaders to decide where my best fit was.
     - This was followed by a 2.5 hour block with three interviews with management, peers and an "as appropriate"

The offer was processed quickly and presented to me early on the next business day.

All and all the best experience I have had with recruitment...

Interview Questions
    • I don't know that there is a single question that stands out, but it is obvious that the company works from the basis of some competency model, and that the interviews and questions within the interviews are designed to ascertain the candidate's competency within that framework   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in December 2013.

I was introduced to Slalom by a former co-worker who had good things to say about the firm. I was first contacted via LinkedIn, and after following up to that I had a couple of phone conversations with the recruiting team. I spoke both with the National team’s recruiter as well as the local team’s recruiter. I was more interested in a local role, so that recruiter and I set up a face to face meeting for a week or so later.
    In that meeting I got to learn more about the company and culture, and what it means to be a consultant, since I did not have previous experience in that kind of role. During this conversation, I became more interested in the opportunity, and so the recruiter offered to arrange a technical phone screen, which I did a week or so later. The interviewer spent about an hour on the phone with me asking very appropriate questions that would give them a good idea whether or not I really knew what I had listed on my resume.
    After the phone screen, we arrange a face-to-face interview at the Slalom office. There I met 3 people and with each had about a 45 minute conversation. The focus of each interviewer was more around a “consulting” theme, as opposed to any deep technical discussions. For example, trade-offs of different technology choices, and what-if’s: the client wants to go a certain direction with the project, what would you advise them? Again, all very appropriate questions to determine if someone would be suitable for a role as a consultant. My impression was that it was more of an assessment of my temperament and people skills, along with my ability to discuss high-level technical matters, than any detailed facts I may know about any particular system.
    Then approximately a few days following that interview I received a call from the recruiter to say they would like to make an offer, and they gave me an opportunity to lay out my expectations for compensation. A day or two later I received a verbal offer and then shortly after, I met once more in person with the recruiter to review the offer in detail.
    All in all, a very professional and comfortable process from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    • Some syntax questions on SQL statements. Only difficult because I had not used that feature in a while.   Answer Question

Java Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in September 2013.

I was called upon by a Recuiter who had set a face to face interview with Slalom. This was a follow up to a phone interview which I had not done that good. I was interviewed by three people one at a time. First lady seemed like a QA lead or similar. I was asked range of testing questions and my previous work experience. The second guy asked me some technical questions which were relatively simple. He then stopped asking technical questions and talked about the company and asked me which tools I have used. The third interview was the shortest of all and All I was asked was my background experience and couple of easy technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked are as follows :-

1. Difference between pass by value and pass by reference
      2. Finding the largest number in an array
      3. How would you test a Lamp ?
      5. How would you test a Twitter application ?
      6. Find a missing number in an array of sorted numbers.
      7. What are primitive types and non primitives types.
      8. How would you test a Restful Web Service
        View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

I was referred to a Slalom recruiter by a fellow consultant, which got me through the channels quickly. Great conversations and they worked quickly to schedule face-to-face interviews with the local team. Instead of a follow-up call by the recruiter to let me know the status of the next steps, I received a survey from two different sources within the company.

CRM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in April 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn based on my title at a competing consulting firm. A phone screen led to 4 in-person interviews. Care was taken to schedule me at times that would not impact my existing working hours. Interviews with senior management sounded like a sales pitch. Seems like they were sold on me based mostly on the reputation of the company I was coming from. The final interview was more of an informal "get-to-know-you" lunch with my potential manager. Overall, the interview process was much less rigorous than interview loops I had gone through in the past.

PTO was not negotiable.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2013.

Initially contacted by HR (Talent Management), and then met with the director. Interestingly met with the technical people after meeting with the leadership team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2012.

One 30 minute phone screen with recruiter, followed by one set of interviews at the Slalom office (Seattle). 3 interviews, 45 minutes each. Typically Slalom is looking for people with Big 4 Consulting experience, but if you know people there who will vouch for you, that isn't always the case. Only issue was offer was contingent until they found me a project, which took 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral "Describe a situation where..." and none were that difficult. Overall it was a very relaxed, friendly interview process.   Answer Question
    I've heard that you can't really negotiate; but I was able to negotiate a slightly higher rate. I was not offered and did not ask for a sign-on bonus.

Senior Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2012.

I was approached by Slalom for the role of a marketing consultant. I had a face to face meeting with the HR person that lasted well over an hour. She then set me up with the hiring manager. We had a good face to face as well. Both interviews were pretty casual (in coffee shops) but I felt that the meetings went well. I was told that Slalom had several marketing projects in the pipeline where i would be a good fit.

Then, I got a call saying that Slalom would like to bring on board for a trail period as a fee based consultant with no benefits for at least six months. I was not going to leave my current company for an iffy situation like that where I would have had to purchase my own insurance and pay all my own taxes. I thought the "offer" was really lame and declined the 'opportunity'.

Interview Questions

The offer was very weak and less than I was making in my current role.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!