Slalom Consulting

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen, in-person casual screen, one-day 2 hour interviews with 4 people.

Interview Question – Usual fare - seeking elaboration on difficult environments, approaches to problem solving, etc. No technical questions or business cases.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Process was really quick. I was contacted by a recruiter over Linkedin and scheduled a quick phone call with her. The recruiter was enthusiastic about the company and really listened to what was important to me in my next role/company and was able to set me up for an interview within days.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate. But the company does entertain counter offers. Be prepared to take more than a haircut when leaving a larger consulting firm. Really do your due diligence on the total package offered.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and tried to sell me on the local model,right from the beginning i had a feeling that something wasnt right. They conceal the fact that you only get 2 weeks of vacation and they are definitely a staff aug firm.
I had a phone screen and they scheduled a 2 hr interview once every week for 5 weeks , all along the way they told me i was a great fit and gave a positive feedback and then after the final round they did not get back to me for 3 weeks and finally they told me they cant hire me because visa transfer takes 2 weeks and they cant wait that long . What amused me was the fact that visa transfer takes 2 weeks but it took them 3 weeks to convey this decision to me.

But this is a general advice to everybody, if a company is drawing out the interview process, then dont waste your time. Just move on and direct your job search to a more feasible place

Interview Question – Describe a challenging situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – it's for a specific position and talk to HR. There are seven people currently talking and will forward to manager and manager will choose from the list.

Interview Question – experiences   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in February 2012.

Interview Details – Brief phone conversation with recruiter was pleasant, in-person discussion with HR was extremely informative, in-person discussions with several resources all the way up to the GM were enlightening and the best opportunity for understanding if the company was the best fit for me.

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate salary
Unable to negotiate vacation, cell phone reimbursement, bonus

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process with Slalom was not particularly pleasant. I think that they are looking for people who are largely refugees from the large consulting firms. Because of this if you aren't one of those types, you might not find much traction. This approach also generates a fairly homogeneous culture so expect the others who work there to be pretty much like you.

The interview process took quite a long time with a number of different interviewers. I don't feel like the interviews were scheduled or managed well and communication with the recruiter was rather poor. I understand that the recruiter left the company somewhere in the process and that someone else had to pick up the pieces. Perhaps that was a contributing factor in why the process stretched out and seemed so disjointed.

Interview Question – Questions during my interview were primarily based on my experience.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred by a former colleague and immediately forwarded to a recruiter on his recommendation. Had a couple phone calls and emails, followed by a face to face conversation with the recruiter. This led into a phone tech screen with consultant in the field, which took about 30 minutes and went well. About a week later, a face to face interview took place with 3 director/manager level employees at headquarters. Overall, I felt at home in the interview and with the interviewers - rapport and comfort level in an interview have always been my best indicator of whether or not I'll receive an offer, and in this case, my instincts and gut feel were dead on.

Interview Question – The technical phone screen was straightforward and easy. Maybe a little too easy - just validating that I had more than half a clue. In the face to face interviewI was given general consulting situational questions - "have you ever had an experience where X ocurred?" and the answers to these depend on one's own personal work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Slalom Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, very positive, upbeat and friendly. Scheduled a one hour conversation with a senior recruiter the following week. Overall a positive experience so far.

Interview Question – Why are you thinking about leaving your current company?   Answer Question

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!