Slaughter and May

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Contract Interview Interview

Training Contract Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Slaughter and May.

Interview Details – 1 hour written task where you are given a pile of materials and have to produce a written report of recommendations to a pretend client.
1 hour interview with 2 partners
office Tour with current trainee
15 minute HR interview

Interview Question – Why law? Why Slaughter and May?   Answer Question

Training Contract

Interviewed at Slaughter and May

Interview Details – Written test where you had to pretend to be a consultant and write a report for a company that was changing strategy. They give you a packet of relevant documents and you have to articulate your strategy using this information. The interview itself was tough, they will quiz you on your grades, and pay close attention to individual module marks. I was asked if the good marks I got were a fluke. Stay relaxed and don't be thrown by this kind of questioning. I probably tried to mount too vigorous a defence. They want you to be smooth and charming and bat away these kind of questions with a deft touch.

Interview Question – What other careers have you considered?   View Answer

Training Contract
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Slaughter and May in August 2013.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview, like a conversation, but expects good structure in your answers and in dept commercial awareness.

Interview Question – What would you suggest as the solution to the Libor scandals?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Legal Trainee Interview

Legal Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Slaughter and May in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was casual to being with but then they were prepared to dig into my experience and CV. Would definitely recommend that you bush up on your facts about the company.

Interview Question – Considering your experience why not go through a law conversion and then Bar School?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Slaughter and May? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Slaughter and May interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Slaughter and May employees and interview candidates.