Sleep Country USA

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sleep Country USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sleep Country USA.

Applied on line and received a call an hour later. The man was very informative of all duties and benefits of job, however position open was local and would have to drive 2 hrs away to have an in person interview. I was quite upset they couldn't send a recruiter to the area they wanted a sales associate and once hired then would be willing to travel the 2 hrs for the 4 week training, so I declined the chance to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Having to drive 2 hours away from where job was offered!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Sleep Country USA in May 2014.

Long, drawn out exhausting experience that seems to never end. Who can make a decision here? They interview from a sheet of canned questions that are often inane and have little real life meaning. How would you change the world. Its a mattress for goodness sake! I left there knowing I did not want to be a part of this company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell a pencil to someone who only wants a pen? What? How do you pound a circle into a square peg? Do you sell customers what they dont want?   View Answer

Store Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleep Country USA.

3 interviews, and an amazing training department

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your most difficult team building experience. How did you improve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in November 2012.

Got a phone interview, called me in for an in person. basic personality questions. Got called in for a final interview a week later, asked more in depth adn situational questions. Offered the job less than a week later

Interview Questions
    • having to on the spot sell a pencil to a buyer who is set on a pen :)   View Answer
    they offered, I accepted

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in September 2011.

Applied online, got an phone interview, right there they said you maid it to the next interview at our headquarters. We will send an email to you with all the information. Came in for final interview, waited a few minuets in the lobby, went to conferance office for the interview and had one District manager for the first part then a second District manager for the second part. Asked questions and after everything was offered the Job on the spot if I pass the drug test. Did a drug test right there and then and started working couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    There is not negotiation phase. Its sales, you other sell or you dont. If you dont you get fired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in May 2010.

There was a three part interview with three different hiring staff. 2 were company trainers, the 3rd was a district manager. Each interview took about an hour. I had all three in one day, but I'm told those who don't do well in the first may take a week to get through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • "I'm a firm believer in pens, how would you sell me a pencil?"   View Answer
    No negotiations. Just an offer of yes or no.

Sleep Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in June 2009.

Recruiter called me for the interview and asked me to sell him a pen, also about my previous job experiences and called me the next day for a drug test and therefore i was hired

no, they have a base of 15 dollars min. and commision

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hole in the Wall (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hole in the Wall (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in February 2013.

Two interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleep Country USA.

Phone interview and a 1:1 interview with 2 training leaders
    Basic behavioral questions:
    Describe a situation where you provided exceptional costumer service.
    Tell me of a time when you disagreed your your supervisor, how did you handle the situation.

After receiving an offer other new hires and I started a 6 week training but they omitted to inform us that even though we received job offers and started the training that the job was not secure.

The training took 4 weeks was in a class setting from 10 AM to 6PM we had daily quizzes, so after we were done with the day's work we had to go home and study some more.
     We also had a midterm ( role play) and a final exam (written and role play) you have to get 90% to pass or you will get fired as it happened to a few people in my class.

In my opinion, not informing people that their job was not secure unless they pass all the quizzes and exams with a 90% or above was unethical. A lot of people passed up on other job opportunities thinking that this was a training like any other and that their job was secure only to get fired for getting less than 90% on the exam.

Also they always get more people than they really need. So keep that in mind while going through the training.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to be asked to sell the interviewer an item, but there is a twist:
      I want to buy a pen but you only sell pencils, sell me a pencil.
      I want to buy a coke but you only have pepsi, sell me a pepsi.
      I want to buy staples but you only have paper clips, sell me a paper clip.
        Answer Question
    There was no salary negtiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Country USA in May 2012.

I started out with a phone interview with one of the recruiters and was asked most of the standard questions but in a very lively and off hand way. In other words, she was actually asking the questions and not just reading off a script.

I was asked to come in where I had a 1 on 1 and again, was asked the standard series of questions but in a relaxed atmosphere. The interviewer was very proud of the business and worked pretty hard to "sell" that it was a quality place to work. She also made a statement to me that let me know that I probably wouldn't make it too far in the process by stating that they were looking for a particular type of person to fit in with a particular store.

The second interviewer didn't seem to be as happy to be there or may have been just beat to death doing interview after interview. He had me sell a pencil which actually stumped me because I normally present benefits and features for my product when selling and pencils are pretty limited. I spent way too much time trying to just think up some pencil benefits and lost my momentum.

Overall, a learning "adventure".