Sleep Number by Select Comfort Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my résumé on a Friday, and I was contacted by a home office recruiter the following Tuesday. I had a phone interview with her that Thursday. I was in a store the next day (Friday) to interview with a store manager, and that Sunday, his District Manager interviewed me. I had a decision the next day. All three people I talked to were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. In my interview with the store manager, we role played and I was asked to do a Sleep Number Bed demonstration to the best of my ability. My interview with the District Manager felt more laid back than I expected it to be, because she was so friendly and down to earth. The day after my third interview, I was contacted be the Home Office with an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were upfront about compensation from my first phone interview, and I was satisfied with that. So, there wasn't really any conversation about that when they made me an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Plymouth, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a resume posted on a job site and their recruiter contacted me from that. She set up an initial phone interview and after that she set up a second phone interview. After the second one they then set up an on site tour and interview. The first half hour was an overview of the company. After that we went upstairs for a tour of the call center and to listen to a few live calls. A supervisor came and got me after about 30 minutes of shadowing where she asked typical questions like how I've handled different situations. I had a second interview right away which only took about 5 minutes. HR called me a couple hours after I left with a job offer. She did say the process usually takes longer so my experience was not typical. I should mention they have you grant a background and reference check before you go in for your face to face interview. Also upon accepting the offer they will run the background along with a pre-employment drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Wellington, FL).

Interview

Typical questions on hours, how would you handle the following ___, what do you know about sleep number's products and so on, all totaled about 7 days from background check to acceptance letter

Interview Questions

• Can you deal with the hours   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

Very detailed and informative. One of the best interviews I've ever had. Both the store manager and the district manager were present but, I got the impression that was more of a coincidence than the norm. They were very straight forward, honest about their expectations yet managed to keep the flow conversational and relaxed. Even with the District Manager present, I never felt intimidated nor overwhelmed in any measure. I could see where that approach may not be right for some but, it was absolutely perfect for me!

Interview Questions

• Q: Give us an example of how you approached a difficult situation and turned it around at a previous job?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was referred in so the process wasn't difficult to get an interview. Once involved in them though, it was easy to see that there was conflicting information & direction on what was needed from the role & department from the direct hiring manager & the next level manager. HUGE red flag.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage expectations when dealing with a challenging personality?   Answer Question

Didn't feel like the leadership was on the same page - usually an indicator that you'll be put into a losing situation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After my initial interview with her, I had to interview with 2 different district managers, one in person one by telephone, one telephone interviews with two woman from the corporate office and one interview with the regional vice president. All asking the same questions in a different way. I was unsure if they were looking for me to answer the same or different than I did before. With the amount of interviews you would think you are applying for a more more important position making much more money.

Interview Questions

• Every person I interviewed with asked me the same question, "What can I do to increase business in the store?" "When was there a time when I had a difficult situation with a co-worker and how did I handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call from a recruiter (this was the best part, the HR dept. understands talent very well),1.5 hour initial interview with SM, and then a 30 minute interview with DM. Initially I was recruited to manage, but since the position that I was recruited for was way out of my driving I accepted to listen to their offer to start as sales. Everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly. In the end I declined the salesperson role since I felt I have more value to a company as a leader. Only part I didn't like about the process is when I was offered the position I told them I would need about 4-5 days to decide, and I would understand if they couldn't wait. The response I got from the hiring manager was almost like he was trying to overcome a sales objection, for example "why wait, you like the job, just take it". I take my work seriously, when that approach was taken I was reminded as to why I cannot settle for less than a role in leadership.

Interview Questions

• How important health and wellness was to me.   1 Answer

Floater Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

1 interview hired on the spot interview was easy walked me through the plant to look at everything didnt explain a whole lot just mainly let me look. ask me very few questions about my history mainly wanted to know about my personal life and how that was going for me

Interview Questions

• So what is going on in your life that makes you need a job?   Answer Question

Sleep Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. My experience was positive, friendliness & promptness by all from HR to the retail store manager & DM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're not able to negotiate the hourly rate or commission structure.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

I applied online. Was emailed back quickly and asked to interview via phone interview. They didn't call me during the time frame. I emailed back. She appolzied and a new time was given. Never called me. Now two weeks later she emailed me asking if I was still interested. I spoke to her aa few days later and she told me that the job was a small base salary and then commission. And sometimes I would work a lot of hours. I said I wasn't interested since I currently make alittle bit more then what she said I would be making at the store. She seemed upset then started to ask if I knew of other people that she could contact. Unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work for their company with my experience I could do something different.   Answer Question

Unprofessional