Sleep Number by Select Comfort Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

This can be unusually lengthy with several people interviewing. There are many questions about ability to develop a team, understand core values and what's make you successful. You are given time to thoughtfully respond with a candid recruiter. They try to inflate the positives.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here? With your resume you should be interviewing for another position.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Don't tell you everything you need to know. You are salary when it comes to working extra but if you need to take time off for something you have to use you vacation time. If you work 60 one week and the next week you need a day off to tend to a sick child or some other matter you have to use 8 hrs of vacation time.

Interview Questions
    • None. There method of hiring is shameful.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Called by recruiter. given phone interview. Decided I was not interested. District manager kept calling me back. Finnaly my wife answered phone and promised him I would call him back. He and I set up an interview. Was so impressed with him, (not really company), that I decided to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Was very relaxed interview. Standard questions, "tell me about a time when...."
      Then had an interview with the regional manager, during which I was told I was over qualified for the position and would just leave as soon as I was offered a VP job some where else, and I would have to promise I would not take a better job if one was offered to me later. I told her that number one, I did not need to take a job for Monetary reasons, I had enough money to live like a king for the rest of my life, number two I would never lie in order to get a job, that if a company came to me and offered me $50 million a year to be CEO of Google I would take it just like she would. I then told her that we would see which one of lasted the longest with the company. (I outlasted her by 5 years).
        View Answer
    None.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

The hiring process is long, the interview questions are your typical run of the mill questions. Anyway, first, a person from H.R. gives you a call and asks when they can call you to have an interview. If you pass the first round you move on to the D.M. and they ask you their questions; if you do get to meet with the D.M. they tell you about the company and ask some questions from a "script".

Interview Questions

To me this is not really a management position, it seems more like you would be filling a position that the D.M. or higher ups can put some pressure on and then you distribute that pressure to the rest of the team.

Home Delivery Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

The Interview process is pretty basic. You apply online and then a recruiter contacts you. You speak with the recruiter for about 30 minutes. The recruiter outlines the job for you and gives you the history of the company. If you are satisfied with what you hear about the position then the recruiter gives your information to the senior technician in the area. The senior technician calls you for another phone interview. My interview with him lasted about 10 minutes and he asked basic questions. He offered me the position the next day based on clearing background and drug screening. Then I started the position the next week.

Interview Questions
    • questions were pretty generic, What type of experience do you have? How have you handled disgruntled customers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in June 2014.

Take a personality test to see if you're a good fit for the company. Next is a 3 tier interview process, Store manager, Human Resources, and District Manager. Typical questions that are asked during any interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me was, "Why Sleep Number?". This was difficult for me because I knew very little about the company.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sleep Professional Interview

At first, you apply online & take a personality test. Be careful, they look for people who just answer how they think the company wants them to answer. After you pass the personality test, you have to do an interview with the Market Manager and Store Sales Manager. The market manager is the most important because his opinion is more important than the managers.

Interview Questions
    • What is you 3 month, 6 month, 5 year plan? Although it is not asked every time, I find that one causes the most trouble with new applicants.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They give you a base salary + commission. Your base salary is bumped up after you do the required training.

Sleep Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

district manager and manager reviewed resume and asked sales questions.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Initial "interview" was done by phone after some email communication back and forth. First interview was with a person from corporate and second interview was with local area manager. First interview was very basic and easy. Wanted to know about your past and type of jobs you are currently in. They want to make sure you have the ability to do the job. Really only interested in sales ability. This is a commission/sales job, not a management job as they claim initially. Second interview was just chatting with the area manager. Didn't really care much about the job as it appears hiring was done by corporate without the help of the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just answer what they want to hear. They will continue to ask the same questions if they don't get the answer they want.   Answer Question

Was offered the job but salary was less than half what they originally said, and is a sales only job. So job was turned down. Doesn't make sense to work for somebody who is not up front about what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Pretty rigorous. They are thorough with the interview process and profiling tests

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you ever had to do?   View Answer
    Ivwent iamlhether through 5 seperate interviews before I was contracted for the position