Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long, the interview questions are your typical run of the mill questions. Anyway, first, a person from H.R. gives you a call and asks when they can call you to have an interview. If you pass the first round you move on to the D.M. and they ask you their questions; if you do get to meet with the D.M. they tell you about the company and ask some questions from a "script".

Interview Question – None, everything was typical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – To me this is not really a management position, it seems more like you would be filling a position that the D.M. or higher ups can put some pressure on and then you distribute that pressure to the rest of the team.

Home Delivery Technician Interview

Home Delivery Technician
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – The Interview process is pretty basic. You apply online and then a recruiter contacts you. You speak with the recruiter for about 30 minutes. The recruiter outlines the job for you and gives you the history of the company. If you are satisfied with what you hear about the position then the recruiter gives your information to the senior technician in the area. The senior technician calls you for another phone interview. My interview with him lasted about 10 minutes and he asked basic questions. He offered me the position the next day based on clearing background and drug screening. Then I started the position the next week.

Interview Question – questions were pretty generic, What type of experience do you have? How have you handled disgruntled customers?   Answer Question

Sleep Professional Interview

Sleep Professional

Interview Details – At first, you apply online & take a personality test. Be careful, they look for people who just answer how they think the company wants them to answer. After you pass the personality test, you have to do an interview with the Market Manager and Store Sales Manager. The market manager is the most important because his opinion is more important than the managers.

Interview Question – What is you 3 month, 6 month, 5 year plan? Although it is not asked every time, I find that one causes the most trouble with new applicants.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They give you a base salary + commission. Your base salary is bumped up after you do the required training.

Sleep Associate Interview

Sleep Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – district manager and manager reviewed resume and asked sales questions.

Interview Question – What is my thought on customer satisfaction   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – Initial "interview" was done by phone after some email communication back and forth. First interview was with a person from corporate and second interview was with local area manager. First interview was very basic and easy. Wanted to know about your past and type of jobs you are currently in. They want to make sure you have the ability to do the job. Really only interested in sales ability. This is a commission/sales job, not a management job as they claim initially. Second interview was just chatting with the area manager. Didn't really care much about the job as it appears hiring was done by corporate without the help of the area manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just answer what they want to hear. They will continue to ask the same questions if they don't get the answer they want.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered the job but salary was less than half what they originally said, and is a sales only job. So job was turned down. Doesn't make sense to work for somebody who is not up front about what the job entails.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – Pretty rigorous. They are thorough with the interview process and profiling tests

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you ever had to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ivwent iamlhether through 5 seperate interviews before I was contracted for the position

Sleep Number Sleep Associate Interview

Sleep Number Sleep Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – I was recruited by local store manager which made the initial interview more relaxed, very typical interview, 2nd interview also very typical, both went well.

Interview Question – nothing really, very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Sleep Associate Interview

Sleep Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in July 2013.

Interview Details – Happy young girl called with initial phone interview....everything is so happy & positive. Next step, eye to eye with regional manager. ( manages to act like he's a businessman). Using all the tired old "we're a big company....but a small family", BS. Typical of a over employed under educated kool aid drinking wannabe C.E.O. Nauseating

Interview Question – No real questions asked.....just the regional Manager barking about how great he is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with someone from corporate. Questions asked were mainly about previous positions and sales. Also, what I was looking for in a company, what I knew about the company, and told me the expected salary.

Sleep Professional Interview

Sleep Professional
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in February 2011.

Interview Details – was easy ,step one talk wit recruiter then store manager ,final interview with DM, no drug test required.

Interview Question – can't think of any pretty easy process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just made offer , set compensation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Videos

Sleep Number by Select Comfort – Why Work for Us?

We are Sleep Number. And for over 25 years, we’ve been changing the way the world sleeps—one person, one experience at a time. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we are the designers, manufacturers, marketers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sleep Number by Select Comfort interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sleep Number by Select Comfort employees and interview candidates.