Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in June 2014.

Take a personality test to see if you're a good fit for the company. Next is a 3 tier interview process, Store manager, Human Resources, and District Manager. Typical questions that are asked during any interview.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question for me was, "Why Sleep Number?". This was difficult for me because I knew very little about the company.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Need to pass an assesement test online by 85% and then 3 or so interviews

Interview Questions
    • I think it depends on who you interview with   View Answer
    I received a job offer. there isnt any negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in August 2012.

Was contacted by phone and asked basic questions: "Why are you interested in employment at Sleep Number?", etc. and asked basic questions about my experience. I shared with him that my husband and I had purchased a Sleep Number mattress several years before and were so pleased with it that we purchased a second one when we moved to a larger house. Then set up an interview time with store manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome the objection that our mattresses are too expensive?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in June 2012.

After your initial application (I was recruited), I was contacted by the store manager to come in for an interview. My experience was not very structured. About a week after my first interview I was contacted by phone for a second interview with the Multi Store Leader.

The company has shifted focus adding more importance to the follow up calls. 15+ per day is the required minimum from your own leads and company generated phone lists.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in July 2012.

After doing all the tests a phone interview and a interview with the store manager, I had to interview with the regional manager for SD, IA,MN,WI. The interview took place in a busy mall food court and it was pretty standard for a final interview for a sales position. Except at the end where I was asked to "plead" for the position and "close my manager". When the first plea was not enough they made me do it 2 more times. It was to say at the least one of the most humiliating processes I've ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • " Show us how you would not let a customer leave the store without a closed sale" then made me role play it in a busy mall food court.   Answer Question

The job overall looked to be good for sales. In the end I would not have been able to work with the regional rep.