Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone and asked basic questions: "Why are you interested in employment at Sleep Number?", etc. and asked basic questions about my experience. I shared with him that my husband and I had purchased a Sleep Number mattress several years before and were so pleased with it that we purchased a second one when we moved to a larger house. Then set up an interview time with store manager.

Interview Question – How would you overcome the objection that our mattresses are too expensive?   View Answers (2)

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview Details – Need to pass an assesement test online by 85% and then 3 or so interviews

Interview Question – I think it depends on who you interview with   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a job offer. there isnt any negotiation

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in July 2012.

Interview Details – After doing all the tests a phone interview and a interview with the store manager, I had to interview with the regional manager for SD, IA,MN,WI. The interview took place in a busy mall food court and it was pretty standard for a final interview for a sales position. Except at the end where I was asked to "plead" for the position and "close my manager". When the first plea was not enough they made me do it 2 more times. It was to say at the least one of the most humiliating processes I've ever seen.

Interview Question – " Show us how you would not let a customer leave the store without a closed sale" then made me role play it in a busy mall food court.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job overall looked to be good for sales. In the end I would not have been able to work with the regional rep.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!