Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Professional Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in July 2009.

The process was easy and no real questions that make me feel uncomfortable were asked. The company did ask me about which location I wanted to work at but ended up not even opening the new location they hired me for.

They promised me one hourly wage and reduced it after working there. They said they told me but I could not find it in my paperwork. The commision is based alot on how busy your store is.

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in February 2010.

The interview process is really simple and seems to be based on the hiring manager's gut instinct than anything else. They want to see that you can be relaxed and interact well with others. I interviewed with the store manager and then the market manager. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your biggest challenge in a sales position?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on hourly rate or commission - its a standard rate across the country (I'm 99% sure of this) except in NYC and CA.

Sales Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in January 2008.

The actual interview was within the last year, but to remain anonymous I selected 2008.

I decided to get Select Comfort a shot. I had heard about their products previous the application, and had slept on one at a hotel, so I applied. Normally you are interviewed and told they will also be interviewing anywhere from 5-15 more people. They will keep weeding down until either you're left, or you're not. When it gets down to 2-3, you will be interviewed by the Multi Store Leader or District Manager and the Store Manager, and based on their agreement, you will survive or not. I happen to be the remaining applicant.

The interview is just like any other. Why should we hire you? What makes you the best candidate? If upper management gave you something to do and you disagreed with it, would you question it before or after? Blah Blah, same ole cup of joe.

If you're hired or want to be hired, read below.

At this point, you get the fun 2 hours of paperwork to read. Don't worry, you may get paid to read this, and it's beneficial to do so anyhow. You have a 7 day "trial" period, and then a 6 month "temporary"' period. If you survive both of these "trials" then you technically are fully employed. Don't worry, you still get paid, and the pay isn't that bad if you do your job and make use of your free time.

Word of wisdom. Enjoy your job, do what's asked of you, and don't think outside the box. Follow directions, whether good or not, and you should be ok. Otherwise....move on to something else.

Interview Questions
    • If your store manager asked you to do something which benefits the store, but is against policy, would you follow this direction?   View Answer
    • What are your intentions with this job. To remain a hourly worker, or to move up in management?   View Answer
    Store level, non negotiable, take it or leave it. Upper management, perhaps?

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!