Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Had a phone interview with someone from corporate. Questions asked were mainly about previous positions and sales. Also, what I was looking for in a company, what I knew about the company, and told me the expected salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in August 2009.

The interview for the sales rep position was very relaxed, and the interviewer did have scripted questionsthat were asked - example - Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to make a sale, how do you handle stress, tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, co-worker, boss, tell me your greatest strengths and weaknesses, how comfortable are you with opening or closing a store by yourself, etc. Store manager and a partner store manager were both present - interviews were done 1:1, one at a time. District manager interview was scheduled the following day.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to change one thing about yourself in order to be more successful, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If you were training an associate who was new to the position that was having difficulty "getting it" and they continued to make the same mistakes over and over again, how would you handle it? What would your course of action be?   Answer Question

Position was "temporary" and the commute ws too far to justify for temp employment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in June 2008.

process can take many weeks. apply online and take test. be contacted by corporate and take personality test. be interviewed by field manager. 2nd and possibly third interview. background check.

Interview Questions
    • if you are applying as sales rep, do not answer questions in too much of a "leadership" mode   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in May 2007.

Standard S.T.A.R questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result) "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer"

When you apply, there is a diagnostic. Then a call from the Store Manager, with basic questions asking why you would want to join the company. One-on-one with the SM, then a 2nd interview with DM. SM asks you S.T.A.R questions, DM's interview is fairly conversational, regarding previous job experiences. Easy interview process, presentation is not required.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you did not like? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Phone interview. Basically starts with a very brief overview of what they do (sell Sleep Number beds). Then asks a series of questions such as have you sold before, are you ok with commission, etc. Then they ask you if you are ok with working nights and weekends or if your ok making $9 per hour. Don't answer with 'potentially' or they won't move forward with you. I answered that I would potentially be ok with working weekends (haven't in 12 years), the interviewer got a little sketchy with me. My explanation was that I am accustomed to working 9-5 M-F and earning over $50K, so to say potentially prior to knowing any specifics of the job shouldn't merit such a one sided response.

Interview Questions
    • Instead of interviewing me, I was asked yes/no questions.   View Answer