Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Updated Nov 13, 2014

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

I applied online. Was emailed back quickly and asked to interview via phone interview. They didn't call me during the time frame. I emailed back. She appolzied and a new time was given. Never called me. Now two weeks later she emailed me asking if I was still interested. I spoke to her aa few days later and she told me that the job was a small base salary and then commission. And sometimes I would work a lot of hours. I said I wasn't interested since I currently make alittle bit more then what she said I would be making at the store. She seemed upset then started to ask if I knew of other people that she could contact. Unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • Asked why I wanted to work for their company with my experience I could do something different.   Answer Question

Unprofessional

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Store Manager Interview

Don't tell you everything you need to know. You are salary when it comes to working extra but if you need to take time off for something you have to use you vacation time. If you work 60 one week and the next week you need a day off to tend to a sick child or some other matter you have to use 8 hrs of vacation time.

Interview Questions
    • None. There method of hiring is shameful.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Called by recruiter. given phone interview. Decided I was not interested. District manager kept calling me back. Finnaly my wife answered phone and promised him I would call him back. He and I set up an interview. Was so impressed with him, (not really company), that I decided to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Was very relaxed interview. Standard questions, "tell me about a time when...."
      Then had an interview with the regional manager, during which I was told I was over qualified for the position and would just leave as soon as I was offered a VP job some where else, and I would have to promise I would not take a better job if one was offered to me later. I told her that number one, I did not need to take a job for Monetary reasons, I had enough money to live like a king for the rest of my life, number two I would never lie in order to get a job, that if a company came to me and offered me $50 million a year to be CEO of Google I would take it just like she would. I then told her that we would see which one of lasted the longest with the company. (I outlasted her by 5 years).

View Answer
    None.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

The hiring process is long, the interview questions are your typical run of the mill questions. Anyway, first, a person from H.R. gives you a call and asks when they can call you to have an interview. If you pass the first round you move on to the D.M. and they ask you their questions; if you do get to meet with the D.M. they tell you about the company and ask some questions from a "script".

Interview Questions

To me this is not really a management position, it seems more like you would be filling a position that the D.M. or higher ups can put some pressure on and then you distribute that pressure to the rest of the team.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Initial "interview" was done by phone after some email communication back and forth. First interview was with a person from corporate and second interview was with local area manager. First interview was very basic and easy. Wanted to know about your past and type of jobs you are currently in. They want to make sure you have the ability to do the job. Really only interested in sales ability. This is a commission/sales job, not a management job as they claim initially. Second interview was just chatting with the area manager. Didn't really care much about the job as it appears hiring was done by corporate without the help of the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just answer what they want to hear. They will continue to ask the same questions if they don't get the answer they want.   Answer Question

Was offered the job but salary was less than half what they originally said, and is a sales only job. So job was turned down. Doesn't make sense to work for somebody who is not up front about what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Pretty rigorous. They are thorough with the interview process and profiling tests

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you ever had to do?   View Answer
    Ivwent iamlhether through 5 seperate interviews before I was contracted for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in March 2012.

fast when they need to